shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone take valium for a migraine?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a migraine over the weekend that I thought had finally gone away, but yesterday it came back with a VENGANCE. In addition to the ice pick behind my left eye, I've got a wicked knot right where my neck meets my shoulder and ever time I turn my head the pain behind my eye stabs anew. When I herniated my disk on Easter they gave me 5 mg valium in the ER and I still have the pills because I only took one then. Do you think taking it would help? I have tried everything else that usually works at this point, so I'm open to ideas... YOWCH.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
When I am in that much pain, I would take just about anything. One 5 mg Valium isn't going to hurt you, but it sounds like you might also have occipital neuralgia which can feel like migraine and includes neck pain. If it helped you in the ER, I don't know why it wouldn't help you now. I just hope you feel better soon!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't but can I suggest something? not sure if you tried this but I get a hand held massager and use that because when I get a migraine I notice my shoulders and neck are so tight; I also put it over my face. I won't say it takes away my migraine but it does really help. awww DeeJay, migraines are the worst!!! hugs I hope you find some relief! :halo:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if valium works for migraines, but if you take a couple of them, they'll probably make you fall asleep! Be sure you're at home if you take any especially if you don't ever take them. I have an RX and it's for sleep...10 mg knocks me out.

If I were you, I'd go to the dr about the knot in neck and get it looked at.

Good luck!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1345736741|3255936 said:
I don't but can I suggest something? not sure if you tried this but I get a hand held massager and use that because when I get a migraine I notice my shoulders and neck are so tight; I also put it over my face. I won't say it takes away my migraine but it does really help. awww DeeJay, migraines are the worst!!! hugs I hope you find some relief! :halo:
I also have tension in my neck and shoulders that comes with a migraine. Skelaxin, along with some Tylenol, works wonders for me. Skelaxin doesn't work for everyone, but it does just what it is supposed to for me, relaxes the muscles. Most annoying side effect (besides not being able to fly until the meds are out of my system) is it also slows down the muscles in the gut. So, I need to take in some extra fiber.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I, personally, would pop the valium if I were in your situation, however, medical advice from me is worth what you just paid for it. :twirl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies. I did take one this morning and just went back to my corporate apartment and took another one. I was also able to actually fall asleep for about 15 minutes. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is helping at all, but I'm willing to try about anything at this point.

Typically I get one migraine a year, and if I catch it early it's not TOO bad. But this one is absolutely KILLER. On Monday I thought I was going to ralph right into my garbage can at work. Since my apartment is right around the corner I went home for a hour or so then because I figured I would rather puke in my own bathroom than in the office, but fortunately it never came to that.

I have a class tonight from 5:30 to 10, and it's the first one of the semester for this topic so I have to go. Oh joy...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results