shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone start Christmas Shopping yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did.
9.gif
Thought I''d pick up my husband''s gift while I was in NC this past week. With the Canadian dollar at par, I just couldnt pass up this opportunity. You know how I like to be a savy shopper, well, I did it again.
25.gif
I had checked around up here, Toronto, & the best the dealers could do was $2150 which is retail price & that they would discount 14% in light of our taxes. No thanks for the favour. They didnt know who they were up against. LOL Of course, I looked online & found much better pricing with grey market dealers in the U.S, but a dilemma, I would have to ship out of Buffalo for any warrenty work so that was out. Since I knew the watch had to come from an authorized dealer, I went to Breitling''s website & sent a form letter to all that had a webpage listed. Yep, did all of the U.S & all of Canada. Talk about perseverence. LOL Or...stupidity.
41.gif
I got a few responses but to be honest, not a lot emailed me back. Lucky for me, Lewis Jewelers in Michigan did. They had the same pricing as the grey market dealers & was an AD which meant full warrenty with Breitling. Yeah!! I saved...$600.00 by buying in the U.S. Wild isnt it? Either way, works for me. :) So he''s getting a Breitling Colt Quartz in Blue (just like the pic I found online). Sharon, not sure how far the Montana border is from you, but it''s worth finding the Fedex depot. LOL And for those in Toronto, Fedex is on Cayuga Rd. right behind the Buffalo airport. ;-)

Judy
:)

BreitlingColtQuartzII.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!! Yay for getting one person out of the way. heeeheee Nice watch, bet your hubby will love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You were in NC and didn''t come to see me!!???
6.gif
Where were you?

I love the watch! Wonder if they offer similar deals on other brands?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice watch! I actually have started. I figure with the baby coming it might be harder to shop this year.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, he''ll be thrilled. Breitlings are great watches!! It''s very good looking!!

I have gotten an early start on my Christmas shopping. I have to take advantage of when my teenagers are home from school and college. They are soooo dang picky.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Judy,

Breitlings are such fantastic watches. When I was researching mine on the Timezone forum, Lewis Jewelers was highly recommended. In fact, that is where I purchased mine from. They really do have great prices for an AD.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watch, I bet he will love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Judy, you shop like I do...niggling around
3.gif
.. What a fab XMas gift for your DH! (mine is getting a lump of coal.....). I''ll keep that watch place in mind.

Isn''t this $$ thing great? Last time it was this high I was in HIgh School and we went to Hawaii for Easter and were paid 1.02 (yes, more!) for our $$$. Bought lots of pooka shell necklaces
9.gif

And no, I haven''t started shopping yet; altho my fav jeweller in town is having his pre-Christmas sale on shiny blingy pieces
6.gif
; why don''t we met me here and we can oogle together!!!
2.gif
(P.S. Montana is a bit of a drive, but doable....)

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that watch! He will too, I am sure.

I celebrate Hanukah, but sometimes, in the summer, will grab things I know the kids would like and store them away. I do not really buy for anyone else.

This year it is new cell phones and Ipods, even though they just GOT the latest and greatest. Since all this technology changes constantly this is always on their lists. No biggie. Hubby, not too sure, he never wants anything that I could get him so I let him do his thing, Oh, wait, his gift is his mom is coming with us to Turks and Caicos on December 16th and then staying til after NEW YEARS. Yikes. Maybe I will get a gift for dealing with her?!

I did just get the photographer here to take some cute photos of the kids and the dog and chose my holiday photo card, which is pretty good for me. I just have to go over my list and finalizing it, so I am pretty ahead of the game, which is nice for once! His mother and mine will get nice albums from this shoot, which partly took place over the summer at the beach when my hubby''s sis and her family were there. Since all 6 of her grandkids were assembled, which is rare, I thought that was the perfect birhday/holiday gift for her.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your hubby will love the watch. My hubby is really in to watches so I will have him check out that jewelry store. He wants a watch winder for Christmas but I know there are other watches out there he wants.

I have bought a few Christmas gifts already and have knit a few scarfs for gifts. I usually start serious shopping in mid October.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yanno, I guess I have started and just forgot. Before going to Palm Springs this summer, I bought my nephews each a rash guard from MEC, so that gift will double for BD and Christmas. Oh and I threw in a Small Paul teeshirt for the both of them, just b/c they are so darn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, that is now two less XMas gifts to search after!!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That watch is a total winner! As far as starting Christmas shopping...I''ll be lucky if I start before Thanksgiving
6.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the watch. I have to wrap it when I''m alone. He wont in a million years find it in my hiding spot. LOL Heck, thats where I hide all my shopping & he''s never once found anything. LOL

I have to appologize if I''ve come across as nutty with putting prices out there. I know that''s the Canadian in me. I was about 10 yrs old when the dollar was as strong as it is today & so I dont remember ever that the exchange wasnt so high. It almost became a game with us here to see who would source out the best deals, where this was & how much it was. I dont know any Canadian that isnt excited about a humungous savings & that they didnt have to pay retail here. Am I making sense? So if I offended anyone, I''m sorry about that. If I didnt & you want a new watch, well, you know where to get it now dont you.
13.gif
10.gif
25.gif

I was in NC for a week & every day it was go go go. I pretty much left the social planning to my friends in NC & so all my days were dedicated to visiting & just hanging out with them. Although I loved seeing everyone & refamiliarizing myself with the area, I think next time I go down I''m going to rent a car & spend some time on my own. It would have been nice to have lunch or dinner with those of you there. With the prices being fantastic, I''m thinking of coming out again in the spring.
36.gif
Can we say...yeah Southwest (luckily, never had any issues at all with them).

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results