shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone seen anything like this? (baguettes)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kem

Rough_Rock
I have recently come across a picture of a ring I really like the look of, but I am reluctant to purchase because it is from a B&M chain store. It is small, .19 carats for the center stone. I''m flexible on size. I''m really liking this look, classic but still unique. Another look I am LOVING is rascal49''s e-ring, which I saw in another thread, but I don''t know where that setting is from either. And is there a vatch setting that is for a RB with baguettes? I have seen pics in this forum of several rings of this style, but can''t seem to figure out where they are from or whether they are in my price range. Has anyone seen anything similar (and not wildly expensive) to the pic I''ve attached?

baguette123.jpg

Kem

Rough_Rock
thanks, baby monster, those are both almost exactly the type of thing i am looking for! I have a flexible budget, maybe around $2,000 or $2,500 but I''d like to save as much money as possible for wedding bands/wedding expenses, especially considering I will be in grad school and not working full time. At the same time, I am trying not to be materialistic but I can''t help but want a beautiful ring that I love every time I look at it. So I would like something bigger than .20 ct, some of these settings I can''t put a diamond smaller than .50 carats in, right? I think I probably need to go back to some jewelry stores and see how different sizes look on my hand again.

Is the ERD setting much superior to the ring at Whiteflash? I would feel silly spending much more money on the setting than the ring, but that is probably what I would have to do if I went with that setting. Does anyone have hand shots of this type of setting? I would love to see what it looks like "in real life."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a very classic setting style and just about any PS vendor will be able to give you a few setting options in that style in gold, that are really affordable. They aren't going to be 'designer' settings... but they will be from well known and respected casting companies like Stuller or Unique Settings or... well there are quite a few companies that have that style. And it will likely be very affordable for you. I would concentrate on the center stone. An H or I eyeclean SI1 .5 carat is lovely... especially if you purchase from a vendor with an upgrade policy so that later on, when you all can afford it, you can get something larger if you like.

I'd just contact whichever vendor you think you are most likely to purchase from... and ask them about low cost three stone settings with baguettes. Once they give you a qoute... you'll be better able to know what your exact budget is for your diamond!

ETA: I would go with 14K WG personally. No need to spend the extra money for 18k, just more yellow metal in a ring that is rhodium plated. And the durability, in cast rings, is better or equal.

Also Rascal's ring is lovely... but those bullets would likely cost you more than baguettes would, unfortunately.

You can always upgrade your setting later too... to bullets if you like or whatever, a little while down the road.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the appraisers on here said that 18k wg is usually more durable than 14k (the opposite of yg), so I''d spend a little extra and get the 18k. I''d try to get a half carat center stone, if you can, because I think it will look more proportional with the setting.

Kem

Rough_Rock
i really love the look of the vatche...it seems to flow better than the one from wf, if that makes any sense. the baguettes seem part of the whole rather than sort of stuck on next to the head. do you think it would be possible to get the vatche setting made in wg? if not, could i get something similar custom made for less in wg? i was actually planning on going with mark at ERD, who sells the vatche anyway. but i also was unsure whether i wanted to go with an asscher or a round, except that i have heard asschers face up smaller and are more expensive than rounds. still, they look so nice with the baguette side stones! its so funny, i keep saying to my boyfriend that i don''t care about the ring and i could totally be happy with something small and simple, but the more pictures and options i look at the harder it gets. i feel like i get so sucked in by designer names, but they honestly do look better to me! is it just in my head or does the vatche look like it is set lower and more level with the side stones so that the whole thing looks more "sleek"?

by the way, this is probably a stupid question but if you have to get your wg ring rhodium plated, is that harder to do with sidestones or anything? do you have to do it more or less with 18k as opposed to 14k? i hate the idea of my ring turning yellow. i have preferred platinum from the beginning, but i can''t justify the extra cost, especially when the setting will already cost so much compared to the diamond.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 8:46:55 PM
Author: Kem
i really love the look of the vatche...it seems to flow better than the one from wf, if that makes any sense. the baguettes seem part of the whole rather than sort of stuck on next to the head. do you think it would be possible to get the vatche setting made in wg? if not, could i get something similar custom made for less in wg? i was actually planning on going with mark at ERD, who sells the vatche anyway. but i also was unsure whether i wanted to go with an asscher or a round, except that i have heard asschers face up smaller and are more expensive than rounds. still, they look so nice with the baguette side stones! its so funny, i keep saying to my boyfriend that i don''t care about the ring and i could totally be happy with something small and simple, but the more pictures and options i look at the harder it gets. i feel like i get so sucked in by designer names, but they honestly do look better to me! is it just in my head or does the vatche look like it is set lower and more level with the side stones so that the whole thing looks more ''sleek''?

by the way, this is probably a stupid question but if you have to get your wg ring rhodium plated, is that harder to do with sidestones or anything? do you have to do it more or less with 18k as opposed to 14k? i hate the idea of my ring turning yellow. i have preferred platinum from the beginning, but i can''t justify the extra cost, especially when the setting will already cost so much compared to the diamond.
I agree with you that Vatche seems to flow better because the baguettes are raised to meet the center stone instead of sitting flat on the shoulders. You should check with ERD to see if that setting comes in WG. Asschers are more expensive and will face up smaller than rb so on a limited budges I''d suggest going with rb. Also, check out adwar.com. They have a catalog of settings that you order through a jeweller. Their settings are priced lower than designer ones.

I don''t have any 18k WG but I do have to plate my 14k WG ring twice a year because the rhodium wears off on the back of the ring. The stones are not affected by plating, so no worries there.

Stardust

Rough_Rock
That''s a pretty setting and is very similar to my sister''s. I love it. I''ve seen the setting everywhere from bluenile to wink''s, but I really like the Vatche as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Vatche! The frequency of rhodium plating won't have anything to do with whether it is 18 or 14k. I know Ellen has a Vatche setting that she has had replated, so I am sure they make them in white gold.

That $1600 quote for the platinum setting sounds very low. I'd consider that if I were you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vatche has palladium now too.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results