shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone seen any Beverley K settings in person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious if anyone has seen any BK settings in person and can attest to the quality. No one in my area carries the line but there are a few of her items that I really like but have no idea as to the quality and what/who they are comparable too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ausable''s ring from Beverly K both look amazing in their photos...hopefully one of them will comment on this thread! I have always loved her stuff MrsS...still have yet to own a piece. Someday I hope!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hiya! I have, and I think they are lovely. The first couple of times I saw them in person I would pick them out expecting this HORRIFIC price tag, then would gape when I was told the price. I would ask Bill about their quality too. He''s so good about that.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, i plan on asking Bill. i hopefully will get a chance to get back to his store early next month and will take a look. the pics do look good but do you know how you can just see quality difference between designers? I was just at a truck show a couple of weeks ago and I can just see and feel the difference between the more expensive designers like Jack Kelege and Michael b and some of the less expensive designers like Ritani. not to say the Ritani''s aren''t lovely, they are, there is just a difference that I see b/t what seems to be handmande=$$$ than the cast designers which are less $$..just wondering where the BK line falls....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's not something I can really comment on. I ask price before I handle something, and if it's too expensive for my budget I usually just move on (with longing glances back at the case). I don't think the pieces are as heavy as Jack K or Beaudry though, I've tried a few ritanis on and they always feel REALLY light to me, I think the Bev K's are heavier than those, but can't be sure. Have you looked at his handmade line? Carl Blackburn is the upscale/handmade line by the same designer (Carl Blackburn).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, i haven't really looked at carl blackburn but will check it out. it seems to be a lot harder to find his stuff online though. plus, i run into the problem of having champagne tastes on a beer budget..lol...

oh and thanks FG, i don't remember seeing K9's BK ring before...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have that exact problem my dear, so I totally understand. I'm trying to think of my favorite line's in terms of quality and Richard Landi is right at that top of that. But his settings are about 5-6K in platinum. And he has a ton. And you can't find pics of them online except for the few that are posted on GOG. But if that were my budget for a setting, Landi's would be one of the first lines I'd look at. For a more modest budget of around 2,500 to 3,000. I really loved the Hearts on Fire settings. So I'd look at them, if I were you. Bev K was on the very top of my list for my budget though, which maxed out at 2800.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Bill Pearlman sent me a Beverly K piece I was interested in (he is the best!!), and I loooooooooooved it.

Maybe Bill can send a setting (or settings) that interests you? He''s so wonderful and accommodating, I''m sure he would.
1.gif

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Mrs.S my mom got a Carl Blackburn upgrade from Pearlman''s and let me just say it is exquisite. It is absolutely beautiful, but it is quite a bit more than Beverly K. I am currently also looking at some Beverly K rings now that I have my hubby convinced that "push" presents are entirely normal. Poor sucker.

Just a reminder that last year the first few weeks of December, Pearlman''s had a great Christmas discount. Not sure if it will happen again this year, but we can all hope.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks kathleen and robot...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mrs.S--have you ever come across settings by Alishan? I saw a collection last week at a local vendor and was impressed by the style and quality--they were attractively designed and substantial in weight.

cheers--Sharon

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I tried some thin stackable eternity bands and they were wonderful - very well made, very even milgrain, seemed very good quality to me. They were about $2K in white gold at a pricey local store. I contacted pearlmans and their prices were better but still higher than I wanted to spend!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
hi mrssalvo

i have the 4mm floral ring from beverly k

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/46PP1/42/

it is platinum and i got it from mansoor & gore in palo alto, ca. i think it was just under 2K

i think it very delicate but substantial (i am size 4). i absolutely love it. i think the craftsmanship is really great but i think you definitely know more about quality jewelry than me!

my friend got the thicker version and i personally really prefer mine - i think hers is beautiful but when the ring is larger (she has small finger size like me), the flowers look a bit strange - but that is just me.

i will try to upload some photos

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
testing :)

IMG_1263_small.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i usually wear the ring on my right hand, middle finger b/c i sized it incorrectly (too big) for it to fit on my ring finger. but i thought i''d show you what it looks like on my left hand ring finger (also it is harder to take pic of it on my left hand cause i''m a righty)

p.s. - i haven''t gotten it cleaned for awhile so it might not look its best

IMG_1267_small.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
one last pic - figured how to improve the color

IMG_1275_small.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
sorry -- that last pic was too big!

IMG_1275_small2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the pictures ringster..you BK ring is very beautiful
30.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
ooh purdy!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks mrssalvo and moonwater :)! i love it plus is was the first ring (so far :) ) that my bf has bought for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results