shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone reverse the e-ring & band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi there!

Quick question - does anyone out there wear the e-ring on the inside of the finger, with the band on the outside (reverse of the traditional way)?

I know the tradition is to wear the wedding band closer to your heart, but is there any strange connotation if I were to switch them?

Why, you ask? Well, I just prefer the way it looks. Plus, I feel like my e-ring is more secure this way and the neurotic OCD monster inside of me recognizes that this is in keeping with the chronological order of events - e-ring first, band second.

I plan to wear my set this way, but was concerned that perhaps there''s some negative meaning to it (or superstition) that I''m not aware of.

Thoughts???

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve noticed a lot of people doing that recently. At least on TV. Rachael Ray is one example.

I think I read that in some countries it''s customary to do that? Spain??

For me the fat part of my finger is between the ring & the knuckle. My e-ring is higher than my wedding band and doesn''t get as smushed by the chub. Take THAT, OCD!
3.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know of any negative connotations and was wondering the same thing.

I''m considering wearing the w-band outside just to hold the e-ring on since it''s rather loose.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I plan to do that, because of the way my e-ring is shaped. It curves down in a litte V shape. It would defintely look better to have the wedding band on top of it instead of the other way around.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes sense to me too. When you get married, it is with the WB. You get the ER first, traditionally. It actually bugged me a bit when we got married (24 years ago), that I had to move my ER to my right hand for the ceremony, then switch afterward.

Do what suits you, obviously. I have also noticed a few celebs doing it that way too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
These days the rules aren''t as strict about these things. I say wear your rings how you''d like to. I happen to wear my wedding band on my left hand and my engagement ring on my right hand. Some people think it''s strange, but I don''t really mind.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder if Rachel Ray does it so that her e-ring doesn''t slip off and end up in a ball of pizza dough...

I agree, we should wear it however we like it! Thanks ladies, it''s great to hear that I''m not the only one who prefers it that way.

And as long as switching them isn''t symbolic of something (and it sounds like it''s not) then bring on the switcheroo!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think you should wear it the way you prefer.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 2:16:14 PM
Author: decodelighted
I''ve noticed a lot of people doing that recently. At least on TV. Rachael Ray is one example.

I think I read that in some countries it''s customary to do that? Spain??

For me the fat part of my finger is between the ring & the knuckle. My e-ring is higher than my wedding band and doesn''t get as smushed by the chub. Take THAT, OCD!
3.gif
I noticed that Racheal does that too!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For years I wore an extra plain thin band above my e-ring to act as a ring guard. I like the 3 ring idea better than wearing the e-ring with the w-band above it, personally.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 6:40:49 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
For years I wore an extra plain thin band above my e-ring to act as a ring guard. I like the 3 ring idea better than wearing the e-ring with the w-band above it, personally.
I''ve always loved the 3 ring look as well, though I originally wanted one plain band and one diamond band flanking LOL I loved this woman I knew (years ago)''s set - just a thin solitaire with 2 thin plain bands.... so like a trio of bands with a diamond - thought it was amazing. There was also an emerald cut that a woman who posted here a while back had.... she got married with two platinum bands and then later got her e-ring and had it designed to sit flush with the other two bands. Loved that one too. But I also like the look of a ring flanked by two diamond bands so that''s what I did for mine. When I first (over a year ago) thought of what I wanted for my all-in-one band I was going to do a 2mm center hump flanked by two 1.5mm ridges so it looked like 3 bands. I really have an OCD thing about symmetry. Originally my current ring was going to be a bit more "three ring" looking but ocean thought it distracted too much from the center stone and now I have to agree. Okay, all of that said, before I married I wanted to wear my e-ring on the inside and I still remember when I first learned it was customary to put the e-ring on the outside and it seemed so absurd to me lol I think it is both logical and attractive to buck this tradition :D

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Racheal wears her rings like this???! Really???! I watch her ALL THE TIME and I have never noticed this!
23.gif
And THAT''S not like me!!! haha! Must. Pay. Closer. Attention. Lynn!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 8:41:06 AM
Author: Lynn B
Racheal wears her rings like this???! Really???! I watch her ALL THE TIME and I have never noticed this!
23.gif
And THAT''S not like me!!! haha! Must. Pay. Closer. Attention. Lynn!!!
She goes back & forth ... you may have seen her with the rings flip-flopped.
1.gif

ice_princess

Rough_Rock
My friend wears her wedding ring on the nuckle side of her finger and it looks great. I kind of think that protects the ering although that''s just me and I don''t have rings yet so I don''t know how I''ll wear them. Do you really HAVE to remove your ering during the ceremony? I always thought you could keep it on and then just slide the wedding ring on top. they are after all a pair...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I wear my wedding ring closer to my knuckle. I like the way my ering looks from the side and it really bugs me if I put it closer to my knuckle. I really don''t think the majority of people you meet would even notice. I got married in 2005 and nobody has ever said anything to me about it. I think you can wear it anyway you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results