shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own or seen Verragio Paradiso (style 3007R)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I'll admit, I've been all about the Tacori rosebud for the past couple of years, but that's before I found the Verragio Paradiso style 3007R online last night.

Does anyone own it or has anyone seen it in person? I would love to hear some thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Heidi

verragio_3007R.jpg

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Well...

Since no one seems to have this setting nor has anyone seen it in person...

Anyone feel like commenting on it?

I love the inner scalloping on this setting but I wonder if it would be comfortable to wear...any thoughts?

I''d also like to end up with an engagement ring and wedding band that sit somewhat flush to one another and without any more shots of this setting it''s hard to tell how big of a gap there would be.

I''m sure that after loving the Tacori rosebud for so long, I probably shouldn''t change my mind right at the last minute, but this setting has really turned my head. ;-) I''m still fairly confident we''ll go with something similiar to the rosebud, but it''s fun to daydream.

~Heidi

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just too much for me.

I would worry that in a few years your taste might change and you might want to change it since it''s so ornate and unusual.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Tacori better, but I have heard they sometimes have durability issues.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Excellent point Neatfreak. In a way this kind of feels like a knee jerk last minute decision anyways (perhaps similiar to that last second of doubt before walking down the aisle?). From the top down the Tacori and the Verragio look very similiar anyways, the only difference is the side view and I''m confident that the Tacori will have a nice flush fit with a pretty scalloping detail. The Tacori may be a bit less unique (according to my best friend anyways) but there''s something to be said for a more classic choice :)

Thank you for helping to talk me down ;-)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also worry about a wedding band that did sit flush rubbing against the stones on the sides of the ring.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
The durability issue is the main reason I''m having something similiar custom made. Back in the day, Tacori meant quality, but through the horror stories I''ve read on this site, I''m less impressed with their name. Any similiar setting I have made will probably be lacking a bit of the flair that comes with a Tacori, but I''m also hoping to avoid some of the headaches.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
You and me both Dee Jay :)

These are all really good reasons that keep reaffirming my original plan.

The process would be no fun if it was totally doubt free
emsmilep.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the tacori better as well. I know a few PSers have the rosebud and haven''t had any problems.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering how your ring was coming along, heidi! How have you been?

I think I prefer the Tacori to this one just from photos. The Verragio could be beautiful in real life but it also looks like it could be too busy. The wedding band might be an issue with the Verragio, too.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
The ring process has been slow going to say the least ;-) Guess who''s still procrastiNATEing?

Hopefully we''ll have the stone insured within the next couple of days so we can send it out to be set. I Spammed Nate with a ton of photos of the Tacori rosebud last night. After hearing a few of his comments this past weekend I''m pretty confident that he''s got a good enough eye to pick up on the details. He should be emailing my predetermined jeweler within the next day or so and hopefully he''ll have the ring in hand in 5 weeks or less.

Apparently I just needed one last freak out about my ring design choice before the process really gets started.

After so many years of waiting for this proposal I''d really like to be obliviously optimistic but I''ve got years of disappointment keeping me a bit more realistic. I''m hoping Nate doesn''t let me down
emsmilep.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 8:00:18 AM
Author: hopefulheidi
The ring process has been slow going to say the least ;-) Guess who''s still procrastiNATEing?

Hopefully we''ll have the stone insured within the next couple of days so we can send it out to be set. I Spammed Nate with a ton of photos of the Tacori rosebud last night. After hearing a few of his comments this past weekend I''m pretty confident that he''s got a good enough eye to pick up on the details. He should be emailing my predetermined jeweler within the next day or so and hopefully he''ll have the ring in hand in 5 weeks or less.

Apparently I just needed one last freak out about my ring design choice before the process really gets started.

After so many years of waiting for this proposal I''d really like to be obliviously optimistic but I''ve got years of disappointment keeping me a bit more realistic. I''m hoping Nate doesn''t let me down
emsmilep.gif

Hahahaha-procrasiNATEing! Hilarious!

I really hope you get it soon-he can''t let that beautiful 2 carat rock just sit there all lonely in its box! It needs to be worn!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results