shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a VOLVO? S40

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just wondering what the going rate for a VOLVO S40 is in your area. Do you like the car? Would love to hear opinions.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends does, she bought it used and loves it. Her only problem with it is the backseat is small and carseats don't fit well, plus her sons' legs are long and he has to put them on the center console.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a new one (2010) in August. I really like it so far; it drives really well. There's just me and my husband so we don't worry overly much about back seat space. The trunk is big enough for our groceries but I haven't had a chance to test it out with a lot of luggage on a long trip. My old car was a VW Passat and the Volvo is a fair bit smaller but it doesn't feel cramped (at least in the front it doesn't.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one, so no real advice, just some enabling thoughts. :)) We have an XC70, and I just have to say that I LOVE volvos!! The S40 is super, super cute! I'd get one in a heartbeat!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am a Volvo gal to the core but I sold my S60 in June and DH sold his V40 a few months before that. I would never buy another.

That is because I will never buy a car that expensive new so it would always be out of warranty and I have felt the strong weighty arm of volvo car parts. If you are buying 2nd hand, go on, ring the dealership and get the costs for some random parts and compare with any other brand :o .

That said, if I had my choice of car with warranty I would pick Volvo every single time. They are wonderful cars. :love:

Though it was embarrasing for them recently to fail their own safty standard :oops: with the press watching. Ooops.

Happy car hunting.

ETA: Going rate over here is non existent. I had to practically give mine away. 2ltr turbo was approx €650 tax p/a and a fuel fill was €85.

ETA2: LV, can I 'borrow' your car? :naughty: Vrooom Vroom!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked for one for several months-August and Sept.
What I learned is that the cash for clunkers program resulted in a shortage of used cars. Plus, people hold onto their cars now because of the economy.
The S40 is hard to find, especially if you are looking for leather seats and low miles and NO turbo. Mechanics advised me to avoid the turbo on a used Volvo, because the repair bill is staggering if the turbo goes out. I ended up with a Mercedes with 25,000 miles on it. It had leather, and was only slightly more money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results