shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know where can I find a hanging light like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to find a hanging light fixture for my dining room that is kind of cool and interesing but not horribly expensive. There is a store near me that has these models but they're over $2K and the wait time is MANY weeks out... Do you know of any stores or websites that carry anything like this?

Ideas or suggestions of alternate styles will also be much appreciated!

double2.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another one...

Single1.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That''s cool.

The fabric looks like Italian Fortuny or something similar.

I will keep my eyes open for you. Currently, I am selecting lighting for a spec house I am buuilding, so I am all over the lighting catalogs and web sites.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, thanks for responding. Yes, please, if you see anything remotely like this (or even anything else that you find cool and interesting) I would really appreciate you letting me know. (Candles on the dining room table are romantic and all but sometimes it''s hard to see what you''re eating!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love these DeeJay....however I haven''t seen anything like them.
40.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, Lightology is where I saw them (I live right by their store). There is another store downtown that carries these too but the pricing is the same. So, at $2K for the rounded one and $7K for the multi-tiered one I thought I should look for a few alternatives before I whip out the checkbook. That''s a lot of carat weight to go "wasting" on a light fixture -- LOL!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That tiered one is AMAZING but the pricetag...ouch!!! I hope you can find a replica, because it is a stunner.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OK... call me crazy.. But I have seen ones like this at lowes.. very similiar to your second picture. I have spent a lot of time in the lighting department looking for new lights.. si I know they are there.. tassles and all. HOWEVER, I can not find them on the Lowes Website... but I would defintely give it a look see.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
This is sort of similar...or this. This one is a bit different in style, but might be something you''d like? If you like any of those, there are several more similar types on Lowes! under Lighting > Pendants (I decided to take a look around when Mine posted her comment.
2.gif
)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loews... Hmmm, I''ll have to try them. There isn''t one in the city but I''m know I''ve seen them in the suburbs so I''ll make a road trip and see what they''ve got.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow 7k for a lamp?

lol re: the carat weight that is, i totally think like that too.

plus unfortunately for me my tastes change on furniture and i would probably be bored with it in a few years and then feel compelled to keep it since it was 7k!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even worse than being bored with my furniture (which is a whole ''nother issue--just ask my husband!) I move condos/tonwhouses/houses on average about every 19 months. (Dee Jay is a real estate junkie as well as a diamond junkie!!!) So I can just see putting in this $7K light and then driving down the alley some time after the next owners of my house move in and seeing it in the trash because they have different taste and put up the $19.99 Sears special instead. That would just about KILL me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results