shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know of a great girly beach read ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
im going to mexico and need a good book

thanks

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I have this book called "The Beach Book" and its actually waterproof and full of short stories. Its not really "girly" but its kinda nice to have if you KNOW you''ll be getting wet but still want to read.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a new book out by Lauren Weisberger who wrote The Devil Wears Prada...Chasing Harry Winston I think it is called?

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
diamond fan ! i was going to get it but its like 25 bucks and hard cover. lol
I did get the other one and just started it. its called everyone worth knowing. pretty good so far !

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I answered this in the library forum too, but what about "bridget jones'' diary?" You''ve probably read it, but if not, it''s a great light, funny read.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
briget jones i never thought of thanks !

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
"The other boleyn girl" by Phillippa Gregory (?sp) is pretty good.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do I ever. Chick lit is my favorite! Love anything by Meg Cabot, Jane Green, Jennifer Wiener, Emily Griffin....

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
As mentioned above Emily Giffin has a great 2 book series that is light and perfect for a vacation:

1. Something Borrowed
2. Something Blue

They are both available in paperback and I have found a ton of them at my local library in the used book section

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 2:45:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/18/2008 2:41:38 PM
Author: butterfly 17
'The other boleyn girl' by Phillippa Gregory (?sp) is pretty good.
That was such a long read... !!! lol She has a few books like that. :)
Yep, it is a VERY long 672 pages!!! I read up on king henry VII after reading the book and discovered Gregory improvised on many historical parts and some of it was made up! Seemed strange as the non-fiction book I read was one of Gregory's sources. Maybe she didn't read it too closely.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blissful, I just stocked up on a ton of new books for the summer.

I also love Emily Griffin, get Something Borrowed and Something Blue, read them together. Then get Babyproof. Also anything by Jennifer Weiner is great too and there should be paperbacks of all but the newest.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a few years old, but if you haven''t already read it, the original "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella is one of those joyously excellent chick-lit books that''ll put either a smile or a smirk across your face the entire time you read it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:07:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
Blissful, I just stocked up on a ton of new books for the summer.

I also love Emily Griffin, get Something Borrowed and Something Blue, read them together. Then get Babyproof. Also anything by Jennifer Weiner is great too and there should be paperbacks of all but the newest.

Yes, read them in order. I can''t wait for her new book.

DF, have you read Meg Cabot? I think you would love her!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of her books. I cannot wait to read them. The new Emily Griffin is good. Just finished it about a week or so ago. I love to read so I am always on the hunt for new authors.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintage Jackie Collins are always good, such as...

Lucky
Chances
Hollywood Wives
Hollywood Husbands
Lady Boss
Lovers and Gamblers

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 12:26:35 AM

Date: 6/18/2008 10:24:48 PM
Author: MC

Date: 6/18/2008 2:45:26 PM

Date: 6/18/2008 2:41:38 PM
Author: butterfly 17
''The other boleyn girl'' by Phillippa Gregory (?sp) is pretty good.
That was such a long read... !!! lol She has a few books like that. :)
Yep, it is a VERY long 672 pages!!! I read up on king henry VII after reading the book and discovered Gregory improvised on many historical parts and some of it was made up! Seemed strange as the non-fiction book I read was one of Gregory''s sources. Maybe she didn''t read it too closely.
It got a little monotonous in several areas, I wanted to go see the movie with Kay but we never did and argh- now its out on dvd.. It was interesting though.. and I did like how the ending was.. Love the history. :)

Ha, ha, yes, it was a long book, but I did manage to read it in a week, a miracle for me since I am always too busy to read what with the kids and all.

I don''t mind too much about Gregory improvising on some of the parts though. It''s not like the other books mentioned here are not improvised/made up as well. Plus, I would imagine that she would have to have made up some of the book, since it did occur so long ago, it''s not like anyone was alive back then to let us know what really happened!

I enjoyed it and we had a time when five of us at work where lugging around the same book at the same time.

The movie was not that great though and while I did start watching it, I wound up not finishing it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 4:16:49 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have a couple of her books. I cannot wait to read them. The new Emily Griffin is good. Just finished it about a week or so ago. I love to read so I am always on the hunt for new authors.

Let me know what you think. I love her "Size 12 is not fat" series. There are 3 books so far in that one. She has one book where there is no speaking. It is told with e-mails/texts/letters. I really liked it. I forgot the title though. I could find out for you. Also Jane Green is one of my favorites. "Jemima J" is so good!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes. It is a pretty entertaining, easy to read book. It''s about the silly concerns of a pair of socialites who decide that a fiance is the latest fashion accessory. It''s good for something lighthearted and funny.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Lipstick Jungle if you haven''t read it yet! :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Plum Sykes and Candace Bushnell. Definitely beach material light and fluffy!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
"Love the One You''re With" is the new one by Emily Giffin - and agree with others on here that hers are a great beach/vacation read.

I am glad the Harry Winston one was mentioned here, I was going to pick that one up.... will have to get around to doing that maybe this week! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results