shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know anything about Bloodstone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at some of them, and I find them absolutely fascinating. I don''t know really anything about them, and they also appear to be relatively inexpensive. Does anyone know any helpful information for them?

TIA!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I know absolutely nothing about bloodstone --- but I just had to say that I love your signature!--- sorry, threadjack over
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2009 4:05:09 PM
Author:cammy85
I was looking at some of them, and I find them absolutely fascinating. I don''t know really anything about them, and they also appear to be relatively inexpensive. Does anyone know any helpful information for them?

TIA!

The best bloodstone is like the fine examples shown here Bloodstone

The story behind this ancient gem is pretty well summed up by the ICA information. I''ve cut a lot of it over the years. Top material is quite scarce. Most new stone from India, while very pretty with its swirls of yellow, red, white and green, is not the traditional type.

Richard M. (Rick Martin)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nothing except that they can be very pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t seem to be popular, does it? They do come in great "patterns".

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
no, not a ton of information available, unfortunately. I am trying to find a price point for the ''traditional'' colored bloodstones, as I do think they have a very unique aesthetic to them. Any ideas where to start?

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/18/2009 9:03:38 AM
Author: cammy85
no, not a ton of information available, unfortunately. I am trying to find a price point for the ''traditional'' colored bloodstones, as I do think they have a very unique aesthetic to them. Any ideas where to start?

Yes. $10 to $60 per ct., depending on size and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results