shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone in LA feel the earthquake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Last night ~ 1am? It totally woke me up and scared the CRAP out of me...but my BF didn''t wake up, so I thought maybe I dreamt it.

Turns out, no, I didn''t dream it! Even after 6 years in SoCal, these things still freak me out!

Aug. 9 (Bloomberg) -- A magnitude-4.5 earthquake struck the Greater Los Angeles area, the U.S. Geological Survey said in an e-mailed statement.

The epicenter of the temblor, which hit today just before 1 a.m. local time, was 45 kilometers (28 miles) northwest of Los Angeles Civic Center and seven kilometers north-northwest of Chatsworth, said the USGS, which measures seismological events.

The quake was felt by people across Los Angeles County, the Associated Press reported. Residents in the Los Angeles area were awakened and some items were knocked off shelves and walls, AP said.

There were no immediate reports of injuries or major damage, AP said, citing Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m on the westside and I definitely felt it!!! The windows shaked like crazy!! Fi slept through the whole thing and was disappointed that he didn''t remember his first earthquake.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I felt it too!!!! It woke me up and scared the crap outta me!!! FI would have slept right through it if it wasn't for me waking up in a panic and hitting him... and asking him... "Did you feel that?? DID YOU FEEL THAT??" LOL!!!

Funny thing is, I was in the area for the 94 Northridge quake which was pretty big.... now that one was REALLY scary!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t feel it at all!! Of course, that could be due to the Advil PM.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I NEVER feel them!! Four years in this city and I''m still the one going, "What earthquake?"
3.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OH YEAH, I FELT IT! hubby is gone this week, so I was alone. scared me a bit, and I''m a native angelino.

i''m in the west valley, so about 10 miles from the epicenter.

it rocked, but was nowhere as bad as the ''94 northridge quake.

glad to know everyone''s OK!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in LA for 8 years and when I first moved there, I thought they were kind of fun....until Northridge in 93, I think. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. It didn''t help that at the time, I was an appraiser and driving around alot. I saw those places where the freeways collapsed and I was forever scared to drive on them on both overpasses and underpasses after that. My ex-bf lived in the Northridge Meadows apts on the floor that got smashed where the people died one year before it happened.

So I feel your pain.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am a native northern california gal and i don't move for anything lower than a 5.5 or 6....it's random because so many transplants really never get used to them no matter how long they are here. something about the earth shaking?..
5.gif
but i remember the big one in 89 for sure which was freaky...china breaking, huddling under doorjambs, dog racing around. not to mention the freeways falling during rush hour, horrible. honestly though give me a medium earthquake anyday over something like a tornado...THOSE things freak me out!! picking up houses and cars and stuff? yikes!
40.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was at my parents and the epicenter is about 12 miles from their house. They are in the middle of having their roof redone and all of the tiles were stacked on it. Thank goodness none of them fell and broke, that would have been expensive!

I lived in northern L.A. county during the Northridge quake in 1994. Our house had no structural damage but kitchen cabinets flew off their hinges and we had lots of damage otherwise. It took months to get the house back to normal.

I''m not scared of earthquakes but they certainly wake me up out of a sound sleep!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I am also a native California girl! (SoCal)

I didn''t wake up for the quake... And I thought I was the only one!

After the ''94 quake, which was really frightening, I do not usually wake up for the smaller ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results