shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone hear news about Grand Central?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Strange but I had a friend call me and leave an odd message that she can not make it into the city as her husband told her to get off the train she is on because there was an explosion at Grand Central Terminal here in NYC. I can''t find anything on it. Her phone is not picking up and i am really worried right now in ways that are unbearable.

ANYONE HAVE A TV ON?!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked NY1, and it seems like weather has been bad and there was a transformer explosion on the E. side that is causing delays, but nothing terror (or TARA if you are our president) related.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
watching right now. transformer explosion. will post more when i hear more

ETA: explosion was on 43rd and lex

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
From www.ny1.com:

"An explosion in Midtown sent plumes of smoke into the sky this evening and caused the evacuation of buildings in the area.

The fire department is saying that the source of the smoke is a transformer explosion at 370 Lexington Avenue. Sources say the area surrounding 42nd Street and Lexington Avenue has been closed off.

Officials say the attack is not terrorist related.

The five-alarm fire is causing Number 4, 5, and 6 trains to bypass Grand Central Station.

Emergency crews are on the scene. There are no words yet of injuries.

NY1 will continue to follow this developing story."

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lord thank God! I had a friend at Metlife that was evacuated after the rumbling, and they all are OK...She told me that there was a guy who they saw on the way out that they saw one man charred with the cloud of smoke, rain and mud hanging over everyone.

Walking past it (via 5th) I am SOOOOOOOO pissed off to see some idiots running toward the scene with their camcorders and camera phones.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be too. I''ve been hearing the fire engines, and am a little unnerved.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:08:39 PM
Author: Nicrez
Oh Lord thank God! I had a friend at Metlife that was evacuated after the rumbling, and they all are OK...She told me that there was a guy who they saw on the way out that they saw one man charred with the cloud of smoke, rain and mud hanging over everyone.

Walking past it (via 5th) I am SOOOOOOOO pissed off to see some idiots running toward the scene with their camcorders and camera phones.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

People are sick sometimes (camcorders stuff). I hope everyone is okay.
15.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! The plume was almost the height of the Chrysler Building.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results