shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a picture of "The Bow tie effect" in diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mike Camp

Rough_Rock
I have heard this is common in ovals. I am looking for one and I would like to know what to look for.

Caratcutter

Rough_Rock
Mike,

I dont have a picture of the bow tie in an oval...but here is one with a bow tie in a Marquise....same effect just different shaped stone.

Marquise%20BowTie%20Arrowed.jpg

Caratcutter

Rough_Rock
Mike,

The pic does not show up in the post, but you can download it and see where the arrows are pointing.

Mike Camp

Rough_Rock
Hmm the picture didnt work

Mike Camp

Rough_Rock
Got it. I didnt notice that in the diamonds I looked at today. Thank you

Caratcutter

Rough_Rock
Great....you''ve got a good looking stone then....good luck

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In theory, every oval should have some, but some show it more than others and pictures usually make the bow-tie look allot worse (because pictures are static and magnified... and perhaps other quirks helps).

48193.jpg
51883.jpg

Both more or less than this is feasible ... easy to find less prominent ones, IMO.

Sometimes the bow-tie in an oval looks much like a pair of ''arrows'' in a H&A round diamond. And for all the good reasons - the optical effect is similar - depending on the proportions of the oval. I don''t think these is any rule about this being good or bad. Ovals without bow tie at all barely exist, and you may not like what it takes to completely obliterate the effect (either an overly deep or very flat cut, or some other style of cutting than ''oval modified brilliant'').

Hope the 2c helps
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results