shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a Leon with a smaller diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I''m sooo excited! I just purchased a .71 OEC, G color, for a right hand ring, or maybe sometimes I might wear it as my ER. Now, the shopping for a setting has begun.

I am really torn when it comes to picking a setting. I really love so many types of settings, that picking just one is almost impossible for me! Becuz it is an OEC, I feel partially like it needs to go into a nice antique setting, to maintain its antique-y-ness!
But, the other part of me really wants to let this baby shine all on its own, in a nice sleek solitare setting.

Now, since its .71 ......its not the biggest, so I was thinking maybe a halo setting would get me more finger coverage. But, despite the past threads on Leon, I can not help but be drawn to his masterpieces too.

Does anyone have a smaller diamond that Leon worked with? If you do, can you please show me some pics and tell me about your experieince? I hate to say it, but I fear he may not want to bother with my OEC.

If anyone has any settings that they really love, please feel free to post them here to get me going.
Thanks so much everyone!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new stone!! I looooooove OECs so much, and that .7-.8 range hits my sweet spot for rounds
30.gif

Date: 8/6/2008 4:07:42 PM
Author:jetmal
I'm sooo excited! I just purchased a .71 OEC, G color,
I hate to say it, but I fear he may not want to bother with my OEC.
I've hear a rumor that he doesn't tend to work with anything smaller than 1.5ct, but I could have misinterpreted the posts that I thought were suggesting that.
shrug1.gif
Something about his setting styles better suiting larger proportions. It may have been about some specific settings, though.

That said, I could've sworn I'd actually seen something more along the lines of a 1ct. by him somewhere on PS....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh. how exciting Jetmal!! Congrats on finding a stone!!! Do you have any pics??
3.gif

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Hi jetmal...

My stone is 1.31ct and Leon had no problem with it. I''m thinking that with a stone your size, he''ll probably recommend a halo. Is there a particular design you like?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon has a ring on his site which is approx .50ct so he will work with smaller stones.

I had a quote for a setting for my 1ct diamond and he was fine with me. I don't think the setting would be less expensive for a smaller stone though.. the same work would need to go into making it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Leon set my 1.29 ct asscher. I don't know where the rumor came from about him not working with smaller stones although maybe his policy has changed. If you like his work contact him.

Maytal Hannah is someone who does beautiful work and a lot of antique pieces. She quoted me on recreating this Edwardian piece for me which I would have used for an OEC. It was expensive but what a beautiful ring for an heirloom stone.

edwardian368.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your replies. The stone is being mailed to me as we speak! I''ll try and get some pics posted asap.

Melanie- your ring is gorgeous!

Swin- that MH ring is awesome too!

Keep the suggestions coming!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wink''s new bench is doing some fabulous custom work, and the cost is pretty reasonable. Plus he''s the nicest man to deal with!! They did my five stone band and were really responsive to the things I wanted, gave me a cad, then made the additional changes I asked for. I never felt like I was "bothering" them. They made me feel like my ring was the most important thing they had to do.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Upgrade- I''m off to look fro Winks site.
41.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Jet, what kind of ring are you thinking of? If we see an example of the style you''re attracted to, maybe we can help you find some good contenders.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, let me see if I can get some of the pics to post...
I love this one

Old-European-cut-Diamond-Ring-27a.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
here is Moon''s gorgeous ring...I would also like the halo with prongs....

moons.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:16:39 PM
Author: musey
Congratulations on the new stone!! I looooooove OECs so much, and that .7-.8 range hits my sweet spot for rounds
30.gif

Date: 8/6/2008 4:07:42 PM

Author:jetmal

I''m sooo excited! I just purchased a .71 OEC, G color,

I hate to say it, but I fear he may not want to bother with my OEC.

I''ve hear a rumor that he doesn''t tend to work with anything smaller than 1.5ct, but I could have misinterpreted the posts that I thought were suggesting that.
shrug1.gif
Something about his setting styles better suiting larger proportions. It may have been about some specific settings, though.

That said, I could''ve sworn I''d actually seen something more along the lines of a 1ct. by him somewhere on PS....

Nope as far as I know that is baloney, my diamond is currently there and it is 1.37cts :), I think it might have just been a rumour.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have seen a couple smaller stones on his site with halos around them. I have not seen anything less than 1 ct as a soliatare. It cannot hurt to ask.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think Leon will have a problem working with a smaller stone. I am waiting for my ring, which is being "built" around a .80ish round.

E.T.A - Since you asked for ideas, I picked the "811 adrianna" with modifications for a wedding band to sit as close as possible. The design is very similar to the halo posted above. I could not get the link to work.... I think another PSer recently received the same design. I will try to look for it.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks lesco...I do really like the 811 as well....ahhh all these choices!
here are some Tacoris I like too
this one looks so delicate and petite....love the basket

tacori0.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
..love the criss cross of the shank, but I am not feeling the love on the prongs...they look thinck, heavy and clunky to me. I love the fluid claw prongs much more....not sure if Tacori would modify that or not....

tacori20.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
side view of that last one...

tacori30.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I like this one alot becuz it incorporates all the things I like, a little delicate halo, the nice fluid prongs, and the tapered look of classic baguettes....

tacori4.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
top view

tacori5.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
When my FI told Leon he had purchased a 1.37ct centre stone, Leon apparently responded with ''woah that''s big''
5.gif

I''m sure he''d be delighted to work on your stone, but the surefire way to find out is just to ask him! You can''t make the decision until you have all the information, right?
1.gif

BTW I''m sure I''m not the only one who''d love to see pictures of this beautiful OEC if you have some!
36.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
on No Delster! thats not very nice
39.gif

This project is very sentimental to me, as lovely as his work is, I dont know if I can handle all the stress of working with someone not very kind or pleasant. I also don''t want to feel scared to inquire, or check on my ring as its being created......

Delster

Ideal_Rock
jetmal, Leon meant it as a compliment, he was just gently teasing FI for buying such a 'big' stone. I relayed the exchange because I didn't want you to think that Leon only considers 5cts or something to be 'big' or that he won't work with anything smaller than a carat.

Leon was never anything but warm and friendly with my FI, and with us being in Ireland, believe me, FI took up lots of his time with lengthy phonecalls and multiple to-and-fro-ing on the work order...

Maybe the smiley looked like a crying one to you, hence the misunderstanding? It looked like a giggling one to me!

ETA - I love that last photo, oh wow!
30.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OHHH, sorry Delster.....I thought it was crying face and I thought the comment was meant as a not so nice one.
I understand now! Thanks for clearing that up for me.....makes me feel better !

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jetmal,

There is a girl on pricescope that has a halo done by Leon around a 0.9 asscher. I don''t remember her name though.

My is a 1.27 round with a halo. I asked him straight out if he had a minumum and he said "I make the setting, and what you do with it is your business. I will work with ANY stone, any grade."

Good luck!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jetmal, I have that last tacori setting and had my 0.83 diamond in it!

Not sure if you have seen my thread already, but here it is if you want to see a similar sized stone in the setting.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh Shimmer!!!! Its beautiful!!! Thanks for showing me. It is really nice to see it with a diamond closer to my size.
So, did I read correctly that you got it thru Pearlmans? Was it on the great deals section?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Where are the pics of this diamond?!?!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

ETA: Sorry, just read how it was being mailed, sorry! I can't wait to see it!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/7/2008 11:47:12 AM
Author: jetmal
oh Shimmer!!!! Its beautiful!!! Thanks for showing me. It is really nice to see it with a diamond closer to my size.
So, did I read correctly that you got it thru Pearlmans? Was it on the great deals section?
Yes, it was a previously owned setting from Pearlmans. I reset a garnet into it though, I discovered that I prefer a solitaire for my ering
3.gif
. The pics with the garnet start here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results