shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a Bichon Frise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I love my Bichon and I was wondering if anyone else around here has one as a family member!! I''ll post some photos later.
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
No, but I adore them! Would love to see photos!

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
This is our baby Lilly. She was born 2/21/2008 and is about 8 pounds.

lilly_1.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Omg Lilly!
30.gif
I am sorry everyone I forgot to post pics! I will do it when I get up in the morning. Be back in about 6 hrs!
24.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Here are a bunch of photos, I hope I don''t post too many. Georgia was born in 2003.

Gigi sleeping on the way home!

SJSbabygaga3.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Interesting position..

sjsbabygaga5.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Her bone is as big as she is!!

SJSBabygaga1.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
The baby is home, yay!

sjsbabygaga4.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Awkward teenage years.
2.gif

SJSteengaga.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
All grown up!

SJSadultgaga.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
She''s getting older..and she
30.gif
30.gif
NAPS!

SJSadultgaga2.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hehe. Okay that''s all for now!
35.gif
I will be back later!

SJSadultgaga1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Sarah, I love Bichon''s. I have 2, Casper and Callie. There are pics of them on here but not sure which thread they were posted in. Casper is 13, and Callie is 9. They are the greatest dogs!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I love the little frizzies. My Silky has a Frise as his GF at the doggie daycare
31.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Well, I don''t have a bichon (I actually have a coonhound!) but am curious about their grooming requirements. I have considered getting one at some point in the future because they are allergy friendly, and both BF and I have sinus issues. The biggest downside I''ve seen seems to be that they require a lot of grooming. What do those of you who have one think?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are adorable dogs!!!!!!!!! They also have the sweetest faces.
30.gif

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:59:02 AM
Author: krispi
Well, I don''t have a bichon (I actually have a coonhound!) but am curious about their grooming requirements. I have considered getting one at some point in the future because they are allergy friendly, and both BF and I have sinus issues. The biggest downside I''ve seen seems to be that they require a lot of grooming. What do those of you who have one think?
Hi Krispi,
They are great for those that have allergies. I get mine groomed every 8 weeks or so. More often in the summer. My groomer does a lot of Bichons and she does a great job. HTH.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 8:49:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Hi Krispi,

They are great for those that have allergies. I get mine groomed every 8 weeks or so. More often in the summer. My groomer does a lot of Bichons and she does a great job. HTH.

About the same for us! Less during the winter, more during the summer. It''s kind of expensive, but not too crazy. It''s important to find someone who does Bichons like Kaleigh said.

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
Their grooming requirements really are not that different than any other breed. It all depends on how often you want them done. I use to breed them and my female had a tight curl and my male was more of a straighter hair. He was very easy to take care of because his hair did not get matted up as much as my female. Lilly takes after her dad''s coat. On a weekly basis while watching TV or having some down time, I powder her ears and pull the hair inside so that there is no orange/brown stains near her ears. I also cut her hair near her eyes in a triangle to prevent the orange tearing marks on her face. With my pups, the tearing stopped after 4-6 months and never returned. Other than that, I keep her nails short. With my female and the tight curl, I kept her hair short and very short in the summer. In my area, I have not found a groomer to do the proper "bubble head" cut so I''m glad that Lilly doesn''t need one.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info! I have to admit that I have it pretty easy as far as grooming is concerned. Hunter doesn''t get haircuts. Ever. He''s short-haired, so he doesn''t need them. (He was shaved once to see if it helped with his shedding. He was such a pitiful, itchy mess that I''ve refused to ever have it done to him again.) As far as grooming, I give him a full bath once a month and touchups every week or so, and that''s pretty much it. But he does shed a good bit, so I''m constantly cleaning up his fur around my house.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie pie!!! We looked into a bichon. We decided on their cousin, the havanese. In fact, your baby in the early months looks a little similiar to our baby boy!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah, you puppy is sooooo cute!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
lovewhitediamonds and daydreamers your doggies are adorable too!
35.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I forgot to add that your dogs are all the most darling things ever! Soooo cute!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I dont have a Bichon, but anytime i take bowser out for a walk, everyone thinks he is. He is a shih tzu/toy poodle mix.

here is a picture of him at 12 wks. he looks like an ewok!

m_fb4acdae8aaf07736f3ede5a066b5254.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
and here is his HORRRID mommy haircut (he is now shaven down so he doesn look so much like a bichon
7.gif
)

m_134e596293893a550e1c653c45d0e2e4.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh these Bichons are all so adorable! And I LOVE Havanese! They are sooo CUTE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results