shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone good with computers??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all.

I''m having a problem with my internet. Well, not the internet exactly, but my screen. My Google toolbar has disappeared along with all my Google buttons. I tried reinstalling but, I keep getting an error message that says "not a valid install package because of -207". DH "cleaned up" the files, so I don''t know if he deleted something I need in order to run/install the toolbar. HELP!?!?

TIA

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping this for Storm, he should be able to help you....
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I realize this is a stupid question, but you have gone up to tools button at the top and left clicked...? Right? Is there anything else on your desktop that is missing or a different size or in a different position? §

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve tried that! But, I know sometimes we don''t think of the simple things.

I have just noticed my Google homepage has gone screwy, too. Some of the boxes are showing code instead of words, and most of the pictures are gone.

It''s running fine and I''m having no other issues. I tried defragging and restarting to no avail.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1: run windows update and get all the critical updates
2: run a scan at housecall.antivirus.com and scan for spyware and viruses.
3: make sure your AV scanner is working and up too date.

It sounds like you may have a bug.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm. I''m going to try those things now....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My updates are all updated. I''m trying to run the housecall.antivirus . I got an error message that said "an error occured while trying to transfer data from the internet." with a button to "retry". I retried and it kept giving me the error message. I finally cancelled the box (which was from the housecall site) and now it''s still kind of running. It''s shifting between "idle" and "20 minutes" in the running time. I''ll let you know what happens if/when it finishes.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox. I would strongly urge you to download Firefox and make it your default browser. IE is loaded with bugs.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I use Firefox. Thanks for replying.
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Housecall found 8 viruses and lots of bad cookies. I had it remove all of them. (I still can''t figure out how they got past my AV software.) I think my main culprit was a virus that piggy backed on Smiley Central. It seemed to have opened the door and invited its friends to have a party on my computer.
29.gif

Now, however, I still cannot download the Google toolbar. My iGoogle is normal again.

Any other suggestions?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
If you still have Google toolbar installed on your computer (even though it is not working) try uninstalling the current instance and redownloading and reinstalling.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Posh

how do I find out if it''s still installed? It''s not listed in my programs folder.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
FINALLY! It''s fixed. Thanks to all who helped. I ended up uninstalling FF all together, and then downloading it while I was in IE. Everything is great now. Must have been a really big bug!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results