shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone getting the Leon/WF lotus setting?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m just dying to see more photos of that beauty! The setting just makes me squeal, it''s so delicate and yummy and and and drooooooool....

I did manage to find a youtube vid of it.

Video

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a beauty! I had no idea Leon was so young. :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had the budget I would absolutely set my new pink malaya garnet in it...but then my ering would be terribly jealous...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its a beautiful ring. Its a lot of money though. I wonder how many WF customers will buy it. I also wonder if Leon will actually make it, or one of his bench workers.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
That is my newest favorit ring! *sigh*...maybe one day!
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t you think this is a match made in heaven? A Barry Bridgestock garnet and a Leon lotus...sigh.

500x375.aspx

wflotusprofile.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 7:55:54 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Don''t you think this is a match made in heaven? A Barry Bridgestock garnet and a Leon lotus...sigh.

500x375.aspx

wflotusprofile.jpg
It would be a gorgeous setting for your stone
31.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 7:55:54 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

500x375.aspx

wflotusprofile.jpg
Um...YES!!!
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That is definitely a yummy ring. It would be perfect for your garnet! Makes me almost want a redo on the whole engagement ring thing, but alas I''m a cushion girl!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, did anyone else notice the background music?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 7:29:06 PM
Author: Maisie
I think its a beautiful ring. Its a lot of money though. I wonder how many WF customers will buy it. I also wonder if Leon will actually make it, or one of his bench workers.
It''s designed for WF...so it seems to me that it would be WF''s bench people who will do it. Leon will probably get royalties for everyone sold, or just sold the design upfront. The melee is from WF.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
It''s definitely gorgeous... but the setting itself is about the same(if not more than) as my ENTIRE e-ring budget. So I doubt it will be a viable option. I would love to see IRL pics of it though.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 2:22:09 PM
Author: TravelingGal

It''s designed for WF...so it seems to me that it would be WF''s bench people who will do it. Leon will probably get royalties for everyone sold, or just sold the design upfront. The melee is from WF.

From Whiteflash''s page:
Please allow 6 weeks for completion as each ring is individually hand crafted by Leon Megé.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous, and I don't think the price is out of line. Lots of designer rings fall into that price range. If I had the money I would probably try it. Not gonna happen, but it sure is lovely to look at.
30.gif

ETA: my fear of girdle chipping would kick in with this one for sure though...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 4:13:03 PM
Author: y2kitty

From Whiteflash''s page:
Please allow 6 weeks for completion as each ring is individually hand crafted by Leon Megé.
Yup, seems like they send the diamonds to Mege.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 5:01:33 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 5/3/2010 4:13:03 PM
Author: y2kitty

From Whiteflash''s page:
Yup, seems like they send the diamonds to Mege.
Ah, thanks for the correction...I didn''t bother to look at the WF page. Haven''t been on that site in ages.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 4:06:12 PM
Author: Callisto
It''s definitely gorgeous... but the setting itself is about the same(if not more than) as my ENTIRE e-ring budget. So I doubt it will be a viable option. I would love to see IRL pics of it though.
Where did you see the price? I did just stop by the WF webpage, but I think I''m blind.

I love Leon''s work and this setting IS pretty, but something about it doesn''t work for me. I think it''s the leaves/prongs. If it''s really that expensive, I''d probably just go custom, but that''s just me. Wonder if this setting carries a custom return policy or a stock setting return policy?

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 5:12:13 PM
Date: 5/3/2010 4:06:12 PM

Author: Callisto

Where did you see the price? I did just stop by the WF webpage, but I think I''m blind.

I love Leon''s work and this setting IS pretty, but something about it doesn''t work for me. I think it''s the leaves/prongs. If it''s really that expensive, I''d probably just go custom, but that''s just me. Wonder if this setting carries a custom return policy or a stock setting return policy?

Lotus Pricing

I imagine it would be a custom return policy. It does not say that specifically on there, but since they are specifically handcrafted.....I bet they are considered custom.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting is $3975. I suppose if you have a huge budget you wouldn''t mind paying that for a setting. If I had a smaller budget I would rather put more money into the diamond than the setting.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan of the setting too. I didn''t realize Leon was so young too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be honest.. I think it's unrealistic for the vast majority of consumers.

It looks lovely with the large pink gemstone, but I don't really think it would complement anything but a LARGE diamond. The busy head, the colours, the design would all overwhelm a smaller stone.

More than that, though, from my experiences with a rose gold and L diamond, the rose gold really highlights the warm tint in the stone - small though it is. Many people choose to go down in colour to get a larger stone for their Erings, knowing that the proper setting can help minimize the tint.. introduce rose gold and you wind up playing it up instead.

So this is the perfect setting for coloured gems or a 3ct D/E/F, with a pricetag to match.

JMHO.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else think this is a high-end ripoff (if that's possible) of the Sally lotus? I gave it the benefit of the doubt until I noticed the NSEW orientation of the prongs.

Oh, and the price is a bargain when you consider that you get a free pair of baby bezel studs when you spend $5770 on the wedding set!
20.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I pine for this ring. It is so so so beautiful!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It''s not really my style. I like more simple settings. As someone else said, you need a large stone to pull that off.

I prefer to work with Leon directly to get a truely custom ring.

But MTG, your garnet is perfect for that setting.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it is a fabulous setting and would look GREAT with your pink garnet MakingTheGrade - but I agree wtih other posters that this setting is quite pricey and would look best with a substantial stone. However, if I had a substantial stone (particularly a pink one) I would covet this setting like crazy! :)

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Whoa. From the way people talk about him, I always thought Leon was a 90 year old hunchback with an ear horn, a leather apron, and a squinty frown who chases customers away from his ''Ye Olde Jewelry Shoppe'' with a big cane. That guy looks young and friendly!

The setting is pretty.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
It would be fantastic with pink tourmaline.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I''m not sure how I think that would look on a small stone. I am a fan of lotus-esque, NSEW prongs on rounds tho, so this looks as good as any of em. Meh on the rose gold.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 10:21:21 PM
Author: lightningbug
Whoa. From the way people talk about him, I always thought Leon was a 90 year old hunchback with an ear horn, a leather apron, and a squinty frown who chases customers away from his ''Ye Olde Jewelry Shoppe'' with a big cane. That guy looks young and friendly!

The setting is pretty.
Ha, no kidding! But I always imagine "arteestes" as young and tempermental, so I always envisioned him young. And he can be friendly...my experience with him was good.

I don''t think it''s an unfair price for that setting considering some of it looks quite intricate. His settings can usually be way more than that. And I get that WF and Leon now need to make money on the setting. But if I wanted to pay that kind of money, I''d get a Leon custom vs a "stock" setting (even though it''s not a mass produced setting.) I guess, though that it is kind of a custom setting in that it is made specifically for the stone. It''s not like my Leon is particulary "original" either.

One nice thing about it...if you like the setting and always liked Leon''s work, it''s an easy way to bypass dealing with him as he''s known to be a crapshoot. Either way, as I said, it really is a pretty setting from the photos.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Where are you guys finding a picture of him? I'm curious!

ETA: Found it! Wow...not what I was expecting.

The setting is exquisite, as usual. But not something I can see myself wearing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results