shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone familiar with UnclaimedProperty.org?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember hearing about them years ago and never checked the website. But, today, I was looking through public records at the auditors online site and came across an unclaimed properties link. Turns out I have a package!

I'm wondering if anyone has done this. Seems like a far fetch to ask. . .I'm just curious how long it takes and what I'll find.

What a weird thing to find out about on a Wednesday morning! Says the value is over $100. Hopefully it's valued over $101
2.gif

ETA - this was found through the dep. of revenue for my state, just in case someone else decides to look. There is no fee for looking or sending documents, etc., and filing the claim.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add that the Unclaimed property website I looked at was NOT the www.unclaimedproperty.org site. It was the site through WA. STATE public records search. The link included that name, but the info was via the revenue department.

I''d recommend everyone look up their info from their own home state/local county website!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I did use the actual website, and found some unclaimed money that was owed my grandfather. It was something from a cellular company, but anyhow, he did collect on it, so it was for real. But again, that was the actual website.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the actual website nothing pops up, but with the WA state site I found info with my maiden name and my mom's old address and says the money is from a mortgage company. I have to provide documentation to prove who I am now that my name has changed. . .just need to find my marriage certificate. I'm hoping it's tons of money, but in reality, I know it won't be much.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ya never know, it could be a good chunk! Kind of a fun surprise though!
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hey MC
35.gif

Did you find out anything more about your possible $?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve not done it, but I have heard it''s legit...is there any possibility that you''d have to pay anything? If not, then why not, right?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost forgot about this thread
1.gif

There is NO cost involved and I gave my information directly to a government agency and now am waiting to hear if they approve the evidence I provided which states I am the person listed on the claim. I had to prove my name change which was easy, but the problem part was that I couldn't prove the PO BOX the claim was addressed to was mine, because it actually belonged to my mom so I wrote them a letter which explained so.

I'm crossing my fingers. . .I'm pretty sure it'll just be a few hundred overpayment on something (a mortgage company was listed) and it can take up to 60 days to hear back. Just in time for Christmas shopping!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Well cool. You''ll have to let me know if you make your fortune!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just keep checking the "show me the ring" forum and you''ll find out
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 11:18:37 PM
Author: MC
Just keep checking the ''show me the ring'' forum and you''ll find out
9.gif
36.gif
Sounds good to me! Shoot, wish I had some unclaimed property, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results