shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone familiar with diamond.ca?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vanman

Rough_Rock
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with diamond.ca, a company out of vancouver. So far I have had good dealings with them, but am in the process of looking for an engagement ring and want to do my homework.

They have quoted me a canadian polar diamond:

E
VS2
ideal cut
4.6mm * 4.56mm * 2.92mm
Table 53
Depth 63.7
Crown 35.5
Pavillion 41.2
Gemscan

$1500CAD

I apprecaite any feedback anyone has, and thank you in advance for your help.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert, but I am thinking that diamond is just a bit deep. It is certainly deep for me. It means that it will look smaller than a similar weight (carat) that is cut a bit shallower. The shallower (think 60.2 to 61.5) cut will show more diamond from the top. (millimeters) A diamond can weigh anything, but be badly cut (deep or shallow) and it will impact the visual appearance of the diamond. I am also thinking that those crown and pav. angles are not working together to this diamond''s best advantage. I would ask them for other examples. Just my $.02.

Shay

vanman

Rough_Rock
Many thanks for your advice Shay. I am VERY MUCH not an expert and truely appreciate any advice that anyone has.

Thanks

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you questioning the diamond or the company?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results