shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever done this...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
So, I''ve fallen in love with a ring. Specifically, a Piaget "possession" ring (the kind that has two bands, one of which rotates around the other). It''s almost exactly what the boyfriend and I have discussed as far as wedding bands go, but we always wanted to do sapphires or emeralds in the second band, not diamonds. Think Whiteflash or any of the other Pricescope vendors could pull this off, or are we going to end up with diamond wedding bands...? Nothing against diamonds, I''m hoping for a diamond e-ring.. but we wanted the bands to be different.

Trying to attach the picture.. and failing I think.

Here''s the link anyway. Thoughts appreciated!
35.gif

http://www.mon-mariage.com/shopping-mariage/img/alliances-piaget.gif

piagetring77.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen anything like that! I have no idea if a vendor could do it, but it can''t hurt to call!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sapps are a possibility. emeralds, especially eternity style, couldn''t handle the abuse.
best of luck!

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Oh! I''m excited the photo worked...

Yeah, I''m definitely leaning toward sapphires for me... think jade could take it? Or is jade too soft also... so much to learn!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the photo did work! yay!!

sapps would be the best alternative to diamonds (and they come in some pretty cool colors!) if you can't find a green you like, you could try tourmalines or tsavorites.

you not only have to look at the durability of the stone but also the ability to color match and set that many small stones. a good jeweler is going to be your best resource.
36.gif

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
So is the general consensus that Whiteflash or someone could pull this off? I mean, it''s not a complicated design, obviously, but the whole intertwining/rotating mechanism might be a little difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results