shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever bought from Overstock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like a necklace that has gemstones set in it and it''s available from www.overstock.com I''ve bought other things from them but never any jewelry. Would you buy jewelry from them? If you have how was the quality?

Thanks.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yanno ... actually I have bought from them ... but it was 7-8 years ago I think, pre-Pricscope (for me at least) and before I knew ANYTHING about diamonds. HOWEVER -- I still love the piece I got (platinum cross pendant with channel set princess stones G/H color)

I''m not a loupe girl -- but the princesses are very sparkly & white. I wore it daily for 5+ years with no problems & only stopped wearing it when my then BF, now DH gave me a different necklace (I don''t like switching -- wear the same thing every day pretty much).

I remember that at the time Overstock was publicizing their having bought out a "fancy" online jewelry store & were selling their remaining inventory. I think that''s why I took the chance at the time. Don''t know if that''s why the quality was good on my piece or if ALL their pieces are good.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never bought jewelry from them because their prices seem higher than other internet stores. They have a pretty good return policy if you want to take a chance.

Now their duvet covers are excellent quality and a great deal
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a couple pairs of earrings and I like them a lot. One pair someone else post here, they were blue topaz drops. The other were platinum wires with an ashoka pearl. I think the quality of both are fine. They also have the Chopard watch I want, though I am getting it through my jeweler I have know for 26 years instead, but I would buy from them since you can return it pretty easily if I recall.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased a couple pearl earrings from them and thought they were good quality for the price. Actually their return policy is not ideal, as they charge you a stiff "restocking fee" if you return something. It looks like that their jewelry comes from a variety of sources (overstock from different stores) and so I bet the quality varies with the piece.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I've bought a couple of pendants and rings in sterling silver -- mainly fun jewelry. To be safe, I ordered items that received positive customer reviews, and overall I've been pleased considering the prices I paid. The pendant chains were pretty thin, though, and I've had to be a bit more careful when I wear them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a few things from them and they were fine. They will take things back you don''t like so you would only be out shipping if you decide you don''t like it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased two pair of earrings from them. A topaz/sapphire pair and a chalcedony/amethyst pair. I was quite pleased with both of them.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANKS for all the replies. I''ve never bought jewelry from them and wondered about it. I''m going to keep them in my Favorites then and think about the necklace.

Being able to run sites by others who have high jewelry expectations is GREAT!!! Thanks PS.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results