shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else start saving for their wedding...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
...before the actual proposal? FF let is slip a couple of months ago that he had started a "ring fund," and once I heard that, I promptly started a "wedding fund." We plan on paying for the wedding ourselves, and also want to have a relatively short (one year or less) engagement. So I decided that once that ring lands on my finger, I''d better have enough free cash to make a deposit on a venue. What can I say, I''ve always been a pre-planner.
2.gif

Congratulations to all the recently engaged ladies! It''s an epidemic!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s smart, it''s always good to be prepared! If I knew we had to pay for the wedding ourselves I probably would''ve started saving more as well.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
i am, even though my mom is paying for most of it, but any extra money i can save up to help make it better i want. That and i need to save for 2 dresses. A Wedding/Reception dress, than a cocktail hour dress. They need to be two different dresses, i want them to have kind of the same theme and vlor and type of fabric, but one will obiviously be a cocktail dress. So i have to save for that, and extra''s like favors and invites, and hair and makeup, but everything else mom is pretty much taking care of.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ugh. i WISH i had enough common sense to do that. fortunately we are looking for a BBQ type of wedding, so i might be able to keep it under 10k... if i stay away from martha stewart mags... :razz:

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Martha Stewart mags are the devil!!

I totally saved before the proposal. If I hadn''t, we''d be screwed right now!
9.gif
My parents are helping us a lot, but what I thought we could do a wedding for wasn''t realistic, and our original budget has doubled. So yeah, we''d have been screwed.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YES! I saved since I graduated college and I am paying for the entire wedding. FI has helped along the way, but we will have ZERO debt from our wedding because of everything I saved. It was the smartest thing I ever did.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh boy do I wish I had!!! Luckily I am an only child and my mother has had a "wedding fund" for me for a while! Whew!

22.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a great idea. I''ve thought about it, but never actually started.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I have savings for it. I guess one of the perks of meeting the man you want to marry at 15, I have had tons of time to save
2.gif

My parents cant help pay for any of it (having six kids taps you out financially lol) so I will be paying for it myself. Luckily, I have enough to pay for a full wedding in cash (approx $30,000). I say a wedding, not necessarily my dream wedding. So I may need to still finance some
9.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I have two wedding accounts, one that BF and I both put money into every month, and then I have one for things like my dress and gifts for my bridaesmaids... we just started at the beginning of the year though... and we set ourselves goals to get to... like we want X amount by August 1st, that sort of thing, and we''ve done really good and met all our goals! we don''t have a lot but a start!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
This thread reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica''s parents tell her that they spent her wedding fund on the beach house!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:25:15 PM
Author:HappyCat
...before the actual proposal? FF let is slip a couple of months ago that he had started a ''ring fund,'' and once I heard that, I promptly started a ''wedding fund.'' We plan on paying for the wedding ourselves, and also want to have a relatively short (one year or less) engagement. So I decided that once that ring lands on my finger, I''d better have enough free cash to make a deposit on a venue. What can I say, I''ve always been a pre-planner.
2.gif

Congratulations to all the recently engaged ladies! It''s an epidemic!!

I think that''s really smart actually! BF and I have discussed this - we plan to start saving for ring and wedding at least a year before engagement - we definitely don''t want to charge anything or go into debt.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I just have a general savings account. I suppose I''ll be using a chunk of that for a future wedding, but I''ve never set aside any special money just for that.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very smart.

Unless you have boat loads of cash on hand available, saving is the right thing to do. That goes double because you''re planning on getting married quickly.

Good for you for being so proactive!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We started the "W fund". Anytime we had any spare change or extra cash lying around, we''d throw it in a big glass vase, and it became known as the wedding fund. I think it only amounted to about $250, but that''s better than nothing!

Plus, any cash gifts we got we''d put in a safe place and save that for it too. I think we only have about $300 there though. Eh well, it''s all fun money for Vegas anyhow!

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
When BF and I had been dating almost a year, we found a coin bank with the words "wedding fund" printed across the front at a local thrift store. He bought it for me, and every so often he would give me his spare change "for the wedding jar." Since then, the money has been put into a savings account, so yes, we do have a wedding fund, but it happened kind of by accident. If it hadn''t been for the coin bank, I doubt we would have even thought of it.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I''ve thought about it in the past, but I''ve always felt like if I started saving then I would some how jinx myself (kinda like buying wedding magazines, and trying on wedding dresses.) However, today this subject was actually going through my mind. I am going to talk to my SO tonight about what I should be saving my money for. I would really like to take a vacation next year so I have decided to start saving my money for that. However, if SO says anything concrete about proposing within the next six months (doubt it) then I''ll put that money for the wedding instead since we''ll be paying a lot of it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I started a wedding fund about a year ago (got engaged in February). My parents are going to pay for the wedding, but I wanted to contribute.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have a savings account that I put money into every month. I do expect to use a significant amount of that when I do get married. But it is kind of a savings account for everything.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
; HEIGHT: 65px" class="ibbquote">Date: 7/8/2009 2:59:31 PM
Author: mariewest
I''ve thought about it in the past, but I''ve always felt like if I started saving then I would some how jinx myself (kinda like buying wedding magazines, and trying on wedding dresses.)
I feel somewhat the same. I can''t even look into a bridel shop window or flick through a wedding magazine in the supermarket que. It feels like cheating. And like everyone is looking at the lack of ring on my finger and judging me as a crazy phsyco desperate to get married woman....I think making an actual fund would be pushing it too far for me.

p.s. I JUST discovered how to highlight stuff and am VERY pleased with myself
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results