shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else just not feelin the fashions this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
The trends this season just seem a bit strange. Some of the color combinations, the vests, long baggy sweaters..... I know the 80s are really coming back, but its just not suiting my fancy. Anyone else not diggin'' it? Or do you love it?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah, the skinny jeans, super slouchy/over-sized sweaters, etc. seem comfortable enough but they''re not something I would wear (read as "not something my patootie could pull off"). To those who love the "new" styles, good for you!

Now, I do like the shoe trend of flats and Chucks. Cute! However, some of the flats and moccasins give me flashbacks to my own late eighties/early nineties childhood.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Everyone says the eighties were not really stylish, but at least the clothes and bright make-up was fun... Nineties grunge (my twenties decade) was, IMO, kinda ''anti-life'' : heroin chic, grunge discordant music, nihilism.

Hm, rather have eighties fashion than nineties fashion. I look forward to reading this thread, it will tell me what is in store for me, as we are six months behind you sartorically, now coming up to summer! Winter''s always more interesting fashion wise.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 7:38:39 PM
Author: LaraOnline
Everyone says the eighties were not really stylish, but at least the clothes and bright make-up was fun... Nineties grunge (my twenties decade) was, IMO, kinda ''anti-life'' : heroin chic, grunge discordant music, nihilism.

Hm, rather have eighties fashion than nineties fashion. I look forward to reading this thread, it will tell me what is in store for me, as we are six months behind you sartorically, now coming up to summer! Winter''s always more interesting fashion wise.
Where are you at? You know, I really liked the summer fashions. Everything seemed really chic and almost elegant. I feel like fall does have a little bit of that grune feel. Not quite that dark though.....but I am seeing some of those heavy plaid button shirts that were big back then.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I am a little ready for them to slowly do away with big baggy shirts and jackets, sweaters etc. While they are comfy (and I am guilty of owning a few shirts like this for those *off* days) they are less than flattering on my body type. I am 5''5''" bigger chested and curvy. I look 6 months prego in a lot of those shirts! Or the boxy, cropped jackets... Cute on others, not so cute on me
14.gif

Matchstick jeans are a big no-no too.

I agree though, 80''s fashions are a lot better than the 90''s grunge!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know big, baggy shirts are in style! Must be completely out of touch. . .I''m only 5'' 4" though and only wear fitting sweaters. Does that make me ENTIRELY out of style?
7.gif
I''m petite and big clothes are very unflattering on my body so I''d rather look out-of-touch than look like a fashion victim! I still wear boot cut jeans too. . . lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not thrilled either...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 12:04:26 PM
Author: MC
I didn''t even know big, baggy shirts are in style! Must be completely out of touch. . .I''m only 5'' 4'' though and only wear fitting sweaters. Does that make me ENTIRELY out of style?
7.gif
I''m petite and big clothes are very unflattering on my body so I''d rather look out-of-touch than look like a fashion victim! I still wear boot cut jeans too. . . lol!
Well mc, I''m gonna be outta style with ya! I''m 5''1 and long baggy sweaters just don''t do it for me. And I swear I shall never stop wearing boot cut jeans!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m very petite as well and very curvy. Giant sweaters and tight leggings do NOT work for me.

I was shopping the other day and saw some faux leather, stretchy, cropped leggings,
33.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 4:51:13 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I''m very petite as well and very curvy. Giant sweaters and tight leggings do NOT work for me.

I was shopping the other day and saw some faux leather, stretchy, cropped leggings,
33.gif

Ick! Who thought that would be a good idea?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I saw a mannequin that had a lovely pink formal dress. It was the shorter length - just a few inches above the knee, with a shiny satin material......and black fishnets that were cut off just below the knee! WTH????

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Huh. I''m finding lots of things I like this season, though it''s a question of finding the right designers. I am especially digging the greys and blacks paired with jewel-tone purples and fuschias (D&G, Moschino, DKNY, Prada) or jade green (DVF, and lots of it!).

That said, I have found myself snickering a bit at the fashions in the windows at the chains targeting teens and college students. Vests + EMO jeans, or sweaters + neon leggings paired with plastic ball necklaces... priceless!

f-d-l

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''ll ''fess up. I did just buy some of the Members Only Liquid Leggings , and they DO look really hot with my Louboutin patent stiletto pumps, but I just haven''t been able to pull the trigger and wear them outside the house yet!
38.gif
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 7:20:07 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Okay, I''ll ''fess up. I did just buy some of the Members Only Liquid Leggings , and they DO look really hot with my Louboutin patent stiletto pumps, but I just haven''t been able to pull the trigger and wear them outside the house yet!
38.gif
9.gif
Ha! BUSTED!!!!!!!
9.gif
2.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:01:47 PM
Author: joflier
Date: 9/24/2008 7:20:07 PM

Author: fleur-de-lis

Okay, I'll 'fess up. I did just buy some of the Members Only Liquid Leggings , and they DO look really hot with my Louboutin patent stiletto pumps, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger and wear them outside the house yet!
38.gif
9.gif

Ha! BUSTED!!!!!!!
9.gif
2.gif

39.gif
LOL

Yeah, the irony lies in the fact that I think the thing that would go best with it is one of those freakin' long, fitted sweaters...
38.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit that I don''t pay attention at all to fashion
3.gif
when I go shopping, I have tunnel vision for whatever grabs my attention, and everything else just has this blurry haze over it. So I buy what I like!

I thought the ''80s trend happened about 5 years ago? Is it back again?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah musey, it''s back again...mini skirts with leggings, big baggy sweaters over leggings...

38.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate all the vests! MIL kept wanting to buy one and asked me what I thought. I was honest but she kept saying "they are in style." I don''t care! They look stupid on 90% of the population.
14.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 9:55:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I hate all the vests! MIL kept wanting to buy one and asked me what I thought. I was honest but she kept saying ''they are in style.'' I don''t care! They look stupid on 90% of the population.
14.gif
Ugh! The vests!!!! They look soooo ridiculous! Tell your MIL to JUST SAY NO!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Eww I hate vests too. I guess the only time I will wear the longer sweaters & shirts is if I could belt ''em! Otherwise, I might as well wear a brown paper bag!

I still wear bootcut and flare jeans! Those I think are sticking around for awhile... I hope
23.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 10:11:18 AM
Author: Rosebud8506
Eww I hate vests too. I guess the only time I will wear the longer sweaters & shirts is if I could belt 'em! Otherwise, I might as well wear a brown paper bag!

I still wear bootcut and flare jeans! Those I think are sticking around for awhile... I hope
23.gif
Eh, I've seen a few senior citizens wearing boot cut jeans! lol
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Marie Claire showed some pleated, tapered leg trousers that made me want to puke - no one looks good in those! I hated the 80s clothes the 1st time around, and I hate it now.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:31:42 PM
Author: vespergirl
Marie Claire showed some pleated, tapered leg trousers that made me want to puke - no one looks good in those! I hated the 80s clothes the 1st time around, and I hate it now.
I loved tapered jeans way back in 7th grade. The ones with the zippers at the bottom were totally awesome. lol
3.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh and who could forget stirrup pants!!!! I''ve seen some of those too!
14.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:44:12 PM
Author: MC

Date: 9/25/2008 2:31:42 PM
Author: vespergirl
I loved tapered jeans way back in 7th grade. The ones with the zippers at the bottom were totally awesome. lol
3.gif
Oh man, I loved my skin-tight tapered jeans with the ankle zippers in jr. high and high school. They looked great when I was a size 2 or 4 back then. Now that I have more womanly hips -- no thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t do skinny or tapered either. I''m too short. Bootcut or straight leg look best on me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results