shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else have Nuisance Peacocks ?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else have nuisance peacocks in their neighborhood????? We have a GROWING number of peacocks in our neighborhood....They wander around and shriek all the time!!! They are pretty to look at...until they get noisy, attack your car''s paint job, eat your flowers, etc. etc...They don''g belong to anyone, and the govt. won''t come and get them...NO ONE wants them...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You wouldn''t happen to live in Arcadia, CA.... would you? If so, there''s not much you can do... the city protects them but they wont do anything about them!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
No, Florida!! I read some stuff online about places in California w/ the same problems......must be the climate......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I left Connecticut we had gone from Canadian geese that decided not to migrate by but stay all year ''round...and deer...to coyotes and wild turkeys. Wild turkeys would be crossing suburban streets! They are *not* very bright birds and I had a funny encounter with some who came up to my car when I stopped to avoid hitting them!

Deb

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 10:09:18 PM
Author: AGBF

Before I left Connecticut we had gone from Canadian geese that decided not to migrate by but stay all year ''round...and deer...to coyotes and wild turkeys. Wild turkeys would be crossing suburban streets! They are *not* very bright birds and I had a funny encounter with some who came up to my car when I stopped to avoid hitting them!

Deb
No peacocks here, they''re not native to the US are they??

...but we have the coyotes, they''re so scary looking! I live less right outside of Chicago and we''ve always had foxes but the coyotes have just recently grown in numbers to where you see them at the golf courses and standing along the streets. And a few weeks ago I was house/pet sitting and I sent the dog back outside to go get his toy and while a coyote didn''t chase or try to attack the dog, he definitely was in a threatening position. The dog is a pretty large black lab.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Blue824,

Please be a little careful here. Coyotes will sometimes work in packs and although I don't think they would go after a Lab, if they get into a fight over territory, it could be nasty....

Too bad you can't ship a few of the coyotes to Maxine....

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! Thanks, Websailor, just what I need.....There are gators around.....and dogs....But the peacocks could really defend themselves if necessary....they aren''t easily deterrred!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The dog came back in A-OK, as soon as I saw the coyote I went to the dog door and called him and he came straight back in and I looked back out the window and the coyote wasn''t there anymore. If I had seen the coyote I wouldn''t have let the dog out in the first place. I know they''re dangerous so as soon as we see them we get everyone inside. So far in my town we haven''t had any pet attacks yet, but I''m sure that is inevitable as their population grows. I''d be happy to ship them off to anyone who wants one though
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''m thankful for little city ratts ! :0

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2005 11:25:15 AM
Author: Blue824
So far in my town we haven''t had any pet attacks yet

We did in Connecticut. I did not fear for my dog since he is much bigger than a coyote, but the coyotes ate some people''s cats and small dogs.

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results