shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else hate that ribbon thing in Office?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m a dunce, I admit it. But I still don''t get this whole ribbon concept. It takes me awhile to find things and I don''t use it enough to remember where things are the next time I use them. I''m slowly getting the hang of it, but I am just not as quick on what I need to do as I used to be.

People keep telling me that once you get used to the ribbon, it''s a much better UI. What''s your opinion?

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
We upgraded at work a few months ago and at first I was really frustrated. Locations and options changed and it was difficult to find the commands I was used to working with. I keep the ribbon minimized. We also paid extra - maybe $50 - to have a quick access toolbar installed on each computer. I added the commands I use most often to the quick access toolbar and now I rarely need to maximize the ribbon since I do not need to perform a lot of complicated tasks. If you do not have the quick access toolbar, I would advise looking into getting it.

Hang in there - it does get easier.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
i don''t care for it! we switched over a couple of months ago, and i''m still learning where things are.

i accidentally "hid the ribbon" in excel last week and finally figured out today how to unhide it. it didn''t help that i wasn''t aware that it was called a RIBBON. googled "how to unhide toolbar in excel 07" and it took awhile to find the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results