shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else buy the same shirt in a bajillion different colors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:47:12 AM
Author:geckodani
I have a sickness. I find a shirt I like, and I buy it in at LEAST 2 different colors.

I must have 8 V neck T-shirts, same style, different color.

Anyone else as crazy as I am?
26.gif
Have you tried the ultra-thin ones they have at Urban Outfitters? I don''t really shop there much, but those shirts are TO DIE FOR--cut in a very flattering way, and comfortable and soft as can be.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do this! I just bought two of the same sweater, one in light grey and the other in black. I love it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:41:03 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/2/2008 12:38:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh yes!!! If it fits and I like it and it comes in 12 colors I''m getting them all, LOL!
9.gif

Especially things of the tie-dyed variety?
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

If I find something I really like, I might get it in two or three colors but that''s my limit. Usually it''s two.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do the same thing. I have the same BR t-shirt in 5 different colors...yup FIVE!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do, I do. If I find a T shirt, will buy several, same goes for a great pair of pants, jeans, etc...

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I usually buy 2 different colors of the same summer shirts and winter sweaters!
emsmile.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yes--all of the time!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:38:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh yes!!! If it fits and I like it and it comes in 12 colors I''m getting them all, LOL!
Me too, Me too! LOL

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I sure do! I have lots of dups in my closet...and that''s alright by me. I just try not to wear them two days in a row.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely! Although I limit myself to the colors that actually look good on me. I have 8 different colors of a Ralph Lauren V-neck sweater, but I refuse to get it in neon orange or peach.
14.gif

I love my Madrid Birkenstock sandals in black, red, gold, blue, yellow, white....
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I really love something and love the colors it comes in, yes, I will.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely! Especially if they are warm and comfy.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:01:48 PM
Author: Circe
It makes dressing easier. And, since I''m a good New Yorker, I used to buy it all in black ... I basically had Batman''s closet. 9 gazillion of the exact same thing. I''ve diversified a little since then, but ... yeah.
LOL, same here! Ever since 8th grade black has been the ruler of my closet. I recently found out that I have like 10 identical sweaters and people probably thought I wear the same one every day. Now I usually buy only one in black and then buy the same in red and blue. That''s pretty much all the colourfulness I can handle.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 6:31:13 PM
Author: kittybean

I have a sickness. I find a shirt I like, and I buy it in at LEAST 2 different colors.

26.gif
Have you tried the ultra-thin ones they have at Urban Outfitters? I don''t really shop there much, but those shirts are TO DIE FOR--cut in a very flattering way, and comfortable and soft as can be.
No I haven''t - I''ll have to check them out! V necks looks the best of anything on me for some reason. I have like a permanent tan line on my chest, LOL! Because I wear them year round.
20.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So glad I''m not the only duplicate purchaser.
9.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do it, too! I''ve always done it and am so happy to see so many of you have, as well!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if i love something i usually get two. like my favorite jeans, got two pairs. favorite shoes? two pairs. even better score if i can find them in two basic colors. like black + brown shoes in the same style. or black + peanut shoes in the same style. polos are the worst though. let''s see... i''ve got black. two whites. navy. green. salmon. + green.
40.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I have the same cardigan in like 6 colors! But I love them with a nice pair of jeans, especially now in the fall (wearing my cranberry one today!) I also bought a pair of sateen ballet flats in 5 different colors, but I love those too, so I don''t care if its ridiculous!
9.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Fellow sicko here!

They have a ribbed tank at Gap that I have in 6 colors. An elastic arm ballet top that I have in 2 colors. A tee they did with some pintuck button details on the arm in 2 colors. A button down peasant style tee that I got in 3 colors.

I love me some Gap tops... they fit me, are long enough, and the cotton/modal blend is wash and wear and literally NEVER pills.

If you find a good item... you gotta have a variety of them!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Funny you say that, I went to Costco this morning, bought a cute shirt for $9..I love it (it''s turquoise) which looks great with the black pants I bought there too. I am on my way out now to go back and get the same shirt in white, black, and perhaps the burgundy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omigosh, i totally do this! and now - this is very sad - i buy two in the SAME color.... one for everyday wear because with three little ones my shirts get stained almost instantly, and the other for when i have to mingle with adults and need something that fits, looks decent and is NOT stained!!
41.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do that all the time. In something like my basic tee? I must have a dozen or more- in all different colors. Especially if it''s a good buy? It''s hard to pass up!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always been chubby, so my mom used to do this with all my clothes that I liked - if I found a great pair of jeans or a top that I loved, she''d buy it for me in every wash/color that it came in so I could feel positive about myself and my wardrobe. I''ve since been trying to come to terms with my indulgent childhood, but this summer I bought two shirts and two dresses in different colors/patterns because I loved them that much - in a way, mom''s philosophy is a good one. If you like a shirt or pants etc, why not buy what works?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t worry, Dani! You are SOOOOO not alone!!! I recently discovered that Old Navy carries a ruched V-neck tee that I absolutely LOVE! I have it in blue, red and grey.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:01:04 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/2/2008 6:31:13 PM
Author: kittybean

26.gif
No I haven''t - I''ll have to check them out! V necks looks the best of anything on me for some reason. I have like a permanent tan line on my chest, LOL! Because I wear them year round.
20.gif
I love V-necks as well. Besides looking good on me, they look awesome with diamond and/or gemstone pendants!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
:::::raises hand in guilt::::::

I do this all the time...not just with shirts, but apparently, boots as well. D''oH!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 1:40:13 PM
Author: monarch64
I have a tough time finding basics that fit well (I''m tall with a long torso), so when I find a sweater or tee or whatever that actually fits well, I grab 2-3 different colors. Ok, and I''m indecisive, too.
9.gif
Unlike Monarch, I''m chubby and wide...so likewise many standard makes fit too tight. But Brooks Brothers seems to know me...

So...I have 3 shirts in a box from Brooks Brothers waiting to open.

I wait for them to start to shred (they do this when they''re treated for non-wrinkle...see the ironing thread), and then also try to time this with their periodic sales.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have every color I can possibly find of JcPenney''s Perfect Cami. I also have a bunch of colors of the Target''s thin long sleeve t-shirts. Other than that, I usually only get one color of each thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results