shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone could help me to check the diamond?

pearlthebest

Rough_Rock
To be honest, Me and my husband don’t know anything about the diamond. We are preparing to purchase an engagement ring from a branded store. It’s a white oval diamond ring. 1.5 carat, color grade F, VS2, polish excellent, symmetry excellent, None fluorescence, comment: “ Additional clouds are not shown. Pinpoints are not shown.”

I don’t really know the comment means. Anyone can help me to check on this diamond? Just to make sure everything is on the right track. Thanks!!!
2aecb519660d3df00d4fe6ea80a9ea42.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi, we are happy to help but would need a video or pictures to be of much help. If you have the GIA number and post here, we may be able to find a video for you.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Could you define branded store? (Don't have to call them out.)
We don't recommend mall jewelers like Helzberg or Kay. Even department stores like Macys and Bloomingdales have much to be desired.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for replying my post! The branded store is called Graff. My husband says it’s a pretty good diamond store. We are looking at this oval icon ring at Graff.

They're a fantastic design house - one of the elite. Each stone is going to be different, though so without seeing the stone it's hard to say

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graff is an amazing place to buy a ring. But I agree, without seeing the stone we won't be able to help

pearlthebest

Rough_Rock
This is the Graff Oval Icon we are looking at. Please give me some advices. Thank you! 2aecb519660d3df00d4fe6ea80a9ea42.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4796.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_4796.HEIC.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 21

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Graff Oval Icon we are looking at. Please give me some advices. Thank you! 2aecb519660d3df00d4fe6ea80a9ea42.jpeg

Sorry. Without actually seeing the stone in motion, we can't really help. Fancy cuts like ovals cant be judged with a pic and/or cert alone

pearlthebest

Rough_Rock
Here attached are the pics of the ring. Give me some advices. Thanks guys! IMG_3645.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3641.jpeg
    IMG_3641.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4796.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_4796.HEIC.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2aecb519660d3df00d4fe6ea80a9ea42.jpeg
    2aecb519660d3df00d4fe6ea80a9ea42.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 24

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Any chance you have a video? We want to see how the light returns as it's moving side to side and up and down.

But the still shots do look beautiful.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The still pictures are very lovely.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I am not an expert but still wanted to reply. Graff makes beautiful, luxury jewelry and that ring is no exception! However, by sourcing an oval diamond that's cut to ideal proportions so you know it's going to sparkle, having the real experts here look for a stone for you, or using a concierge service to select the stone and then getting a custom ring setting from a hand-forged jeweler, you would likely spend less money overall on a ring of extremely high quality or could get a bigger stone for the same price as the Graff ring, if that's of interest. That being said, going that route would mean that your ring would not have the designer name and there's something special to some people about having a branded engagement ring. That cachet could be worth it to you and your husband and would be totally valid! I have admired the Graff Wild Flower collection since it first came out and would not say no to the stunning ring in your photos :)

For comparison:
Here are two ideal-cut oval options with similar face-up dimensions to your stone (they are heavier because this design for an oval cut is deeper than a traditional oval, and I wanted to make sure you had the same face-up look). Again, the real experts here may have other suggestions, I just wanted to get the idea out there:
1.87ct E VS2 from Distinctive Gem for $22k USD
1.85ct F VS2 from Distinctive Gem for $20.7k USD

And here are a few hand-forged custom vendors. You would need to get quotes for the ring setting from them if you went this route and not all vendors work with outside stones so you would need to check before buying anything:
Victor Canera Emilya Halo (this can be made for an oval, many members here have purchased variations of this ring)
Victor Canera Oval Coronet to show a ring with proportions more like the Graff piece
Maytal Hannah
Steven Kirsch

If you are not in the US, one of the members who has purchased internationally could probably provide more specific guidance if you went this route. But again, the Graff ring is 'in-hand' and looks beautiful on and is a designer piece. I don't think you would be making a mistake in going for it, especially if you consider the option of going custom and decide that it isn't for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The comment on the lab report about clouds and pinpoints now shows just means there are some additional clouds and pinpoints in the diamond that they have not mapped on the report but those do not influence the clarity grade at all. So it’s nothing to be concerned about.

The still images look good. I don’t see an obvious bow tie which is the most common issue with ovals. There seems to be nice edge to edge brightness on the stone. A video would be helpful but tbh a house like Graff is likely going to be quite selective and I’m betting the quality is just fine.

pearlthebest

Rough_Rock
The comment on the lab report about clouds and pinpoints now shows just means there are some additional clouds and pinpoints in the diamond that they have not mapped on the report but those do not influence the clarity grade at all. So it’s nothing to be concerned about.

The still images look good. I don’t see an obvious bow tie which is the most common issue with ovals. There seems to be nice edge to edge brightness on the stone. A video would be helpful but tbh a house like Graff is likely going to be quite selective and I’m betting the quality is just fine.

Thanks for your kindly help! This information really helps:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results