shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone actually wear their shoes after the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I got colored shoes because I really wanted them to be my something blue. I love them to death, but can''t find a good way to wear them now that the wedding is over.

So, a few questions for you!
-- Has anyone worn their shoes (colored or not) after the wedding?
-- What do you wear them with?
-- Any pictures of said shoes?

TIA!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, no, my shoes were trashed!!! Grass-stained, mud - the brown part on the stilletto was twisted around from the dancing I guess, since I didn''t take them off for awhile.

I''ve worn the reception pair a million times, but they''re flip flops.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Mine are blue too and I've worn them since the wedding with trouser jeans. I think I can get away with it since they're suede. A more dressy material, like satin, might be harder to pull off with a casual outfit.

What material are yours?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have worn my 5" Charles David purple heels twice since the wedding. I''ve worn them with a hot pink dress and with jeans and a dressy top. There are some photos floating somewhere around PS, but I can''t re-post them on this computer.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I wore 3 pairs of shoes during my wedding. The first were my old prom shoes, which I haven''t worn again since the wedding...but obviously I have worn them more than once in my life, since I wore them to prom! The second were my Crocs wedges, which I have worn with jeans. The third were my platinum pointy-toed stilettos that I wore with the green dress I changed into right before we left. I''ve worn those again several times...they''re one of my favorite pairs!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I wore blue shoes for the ceremony, then slipped into some comical gold-glittered wedges for the reception. I''ve worn them both since the wedding--I wore the blue shoes to dinner for our anniversary and I wore the wedges when I went to see SATC. For some reason it seemed fitting. I plan to wear the blue shoes for our anniversary dinner again this year.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I wore these fantastic pewter sandals with kitten heels - and they are now my go-to shoes! I''ve worn them as my shoes for every major formal event since, LOL!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Found a photo (note: the photo doesn''t really show the true color--they are dark purple):

Winter%2009%20148%20xs.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I'm not married yet, but I know I will never wear my ivory shoes again. They're 4.5 inch open toed, embroidered ivory stilettos, so I know I currently have nothing to pair them with, nor will I ever, lol! I'm doing these for the ceremony and probably the reception.

I am a two shoe bride (I really really wanted pool blue satin pumps to wear for pics), and I could definitely see myself wearing those again.

Here are the ivory shoes

ytkyulylu.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are my blue ones which I will wear again

dhhfhjftjfdfjg.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my wedding shoes a lot!
They are a pale green color, and since green is my favorite color I have a lot of clothes with which they match. I love to wear them with my dressier jeans and a cute top. The heel is pretty high, at least 4", so I always feel super sexy in them.

Here''s a picture:

HavensWeddingShoesMontagepsadfaew.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 5:14:56 PM
Author:cammy85
-- Has anyone worn their shoes (colored or not) after the wedding?
Yep, all the time lately, actually! I just wore them today.

-- What do you wear them with?
Almost anything... they're very versatile. Jeans, skirts, black pants.

-- Any pictures of said shoes?
7768-580794-d-2.jpg

museysweddingshoes.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope-I''ll never wear them again! I''m not really a lady and my shoes were very lady-like.
3.gif

I can''t find a picture of them online but they were glittery silver t-strap heels with very dainty straps. They were horribly uncomfortable, too! I might wear the flat sandals I got to wear to the reception sometime, though. They''re metallic silver t-strap flats and are a little too lady-like for me but I could see myself wearing them to a wedding or something.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn''t it this shoe Thing2?

Link

Thing 2 wedding shoes.JPG

cammy85

Shiny_Rock

I''m so glad people are able to wear theirs again! Maybe I just need a plan of attack? I''m more a black leather pump person, but I LOVE colored shoes, I just don''t know how to incorporate them into my wardrobe without looking out of place.

Date: 9/16/2009 6:08:35 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Mine are blue too and I''ve worn them since the wedding with trouser jeans. I think I can get away with it since they''re suede. A more dressy material, like satin, might be harder to pull off with a casual outfit.

What material are yours?

Mine are suede. They are a peep toe ankle strap with a 3.4-4 inch heel, in a turqouise-y blue color. Here is the shoe, but not in the color. Mine is a deeper, richer blue.

Any suggestions?

giseledb.jpg

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock

I have not worn them yet but i do plan to wear them soon as I will be attending a wedding party next weekend.

I think i will wear them with jeans (when i want a fancy look) or dresses. They are inexpensive (less than US$30) so i guess i will not feel bad even if i end not wearing again.

Here they are:

weddingshoes250409.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My wedding shoes were my prom shoes first and I''d worn them at a concert I''d played in. They''re flat white sandals, so I''ve worn them all summer with my maternity summer dress.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was buying my wedding shoes, I wanted to make sure it would be something I could wear several times post-wedding. I ended up getting silver strappy sandals with a 2.5" heel, it goes with almost anything. Needless to say, I've worn them tons of times since the wedding!

Here's a picture:

ETA: The crystals on the sandals are clear, I guess the camera light reflected a pinkish hue on them.

kamashoeswedding.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yay for silver strappy sandals! Mine are somewhat similar to Kama''s.

I mentioned them above without pictures, but here are all 3 of my wedding shoes. The third pair doesn''t count that much because I wore them with the dress I changed into at the end so I didn''t have to leave in my wedding dress.

Prom shoes:
jstar-promshoes.JPG

Crocs for reception:
112_1_celerywhite.jpg

Bakers Brianna (my favorites - so cute and inexpensive!):
1_97182_AV_15.JPG

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I love those Bakers! I own a couple pairs of their shoes already. So amazingly comfortable!

So does anyone have any advice on how to wear bright blue satin peep toes like I pictured previously? Jeans and a nice top? Black dress? Skirt and white top? I''m not sure how to put an outfit together with it.

Or are they not rewearable at all and I should just be happy I got one fun day out of them?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Cammy, they really are comfy (even though they''re a size too small - I can''t even tell)! And Bakers in general are really inexpensive. These were on sale for $29. I love them!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 1:52:26 PM
Author: cammy85
I love those Bakers! I own a couple pairs of their shoes already. So amazingly comfortable!

So does anyone have any advice on how to wear bright blue satin peep toes like I pictured previously? Jeans and a nice top? Black dress? Skirt and white top? I'm not sure how to put an outfit together with it.

Or are they not rewearable at all and I should just be happy I got one fun day out of them?
They are totally rewearable. I'd wear them with a cute dress, jeans & a shirt, black pants, gray pants, any color pants.

But I don't match. I coordinate. And I think you can put a LOT of stuff with blue shoes (duh! I'm obsessed with them!) including, but never limited to, yellow, green, purple, pink, brown, gray, white, black, orange/peach, etc etc etc. You don't need to stay neutral (of course you can if you want to!) with a bright color shoe.

I have the following colored satin shoes:
black peeps
purple strappy
purple round toe
green peep slingback
cobalt strappy peep
cobalt blue round toe
green satin strappy
silver peep slingback
red peep d'orsay

(Check out the "Shoes..." thread in Shopping if you want to see pics--they are spread throughout the thread.)

And those are only the satin ones. I'm a HUGE fan of brightly colored fabulous shoes, and making a statement with them.

Don't worry, I promise you can wear them again!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to post more, but I''m having computer issues, and I did manage to get this one...

Charlotte blue manolos yellow dress.jpg

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 3:26:01 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 9/17/2009 1:52:26 PM
Author: cammy85

So does anyone have any advice on how to wear bright blue satin peep toes like I pictured previously? Jeans and a nice top? Black dress? Skirt and white top? I''m not sure how to put an outfit together with it.

They are totally rewearable. I''d wear them with a cute dress, jeans & a shirt, black pants, gray pants, any color pants.

But I don''t match. I coordinate. And I think you can put a LOT of stuff with blue shoes (duh! I''m obsessed with them!) including, but never limited to, yellow, green, purple, pink, brown, gray, white, black, orange/peach, etc etc etc. You don''t need to stay neutral (of course you can if you want to!) with a bright color shoe.

I have the following colored satin shoes:
black peeps
purple strappy
purple round toe
green peep slingback
cobalt strappy peep
cobalt blue round toe
green satin strappy
silver peep slingback
red peep d''orsay

(Check out the ''Shoes...'' thread in Shopping if you want to see pics--they are spread throughout the thread.)

And those are only the satin ones. I''m a HUGE fan of brightly colored fabulous shoes, and making a statement with them.

Don''t worry, I promise you can wear them again!

OK, Freke, THANK YOU so much for chiming in. The fact you think they are rewearable makes me feel so much better! And thank you for all the suggestions, that is definitely what I needed. Once I get the hang of it, I think I''ll be good, but I had no idea even where to start.

And yes. I check that shoe thread out. A lot. And drool over all your shoes. I love them. As for SATC. Don''t even get me started. I want all of them. ALL.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I wore bazooka pink Rocket Dog Memories flats. I haven''t worn them again yet but I probably will since I pretty much never wear heels anymore. They are sitting in my closet waiting for cooler weather and jeans!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
considering they were Reef white flip flops....hell yes! :)

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
<--------- is one of my wedding shoes.. and I actaully have been wearing them to parties and photoshoots prior to my wedding already... pretty comfy.... I wore them with jeans, dresses...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had two pairs of shoes for my wedding and I''ve worn them both since. One pair were silver and I''ve worn them out with dresses and skirt/tops and the other pair are red and I''ve worn them with jeans. Think I posted pics of them in my wedding thread but they were manolo blahnik sedarabys.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 9:09:19 AM
Author: livinginsg

I have not worn them yet but i do plan to wear them soon as I will be attending a wedding party next weekend.

I think i will wear them with jeans (when i want a fancy look) or dresses. They are inexpensive (less than US$30) so i guess i will not feel bad even if i end not wearing again.

Here they are:

I love your shoes
30.gif

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
omg I got married 5 months ago and I still wear my silver peep toes to work with jean and everyone loves them. I always tell them they were my wedding shoes lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results