shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody with a Verragio Halo ring? I just ordered mine

jmona

Rough_Rock
Well, not me. my husband ordered it. Parisian 117CU modified for a 2.21ct cushion diamond. don't have the specs in hand, had to find the GIA certification to tell you all the info on it but it was nearly $15K.

a 2.21ct Cushion diamond we bought 3 years ago is going to be mounted in this setting. Took so long cus we didn't have the money to buy the ring and diamond together so we had to wait and now its here, I can almost touch it! they said it will take 6 weeks for it to be ready because of all the modifications, making a bigger halo and such. but I cant wait. Perfect birthday present specially when im about to start chemo again.

Here's the diamond What do you all think? I can't wait!

photo_46.jpg

img_6125.jpg

img_6123.jpg

img_6142.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
beautiful setting! happy early birthday, sorry to hear you have to go through another round of chemo. *dust* for a good prognosis and speedy recovery!!!

jmona

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! Well when I joined the forums my first son was almost 3 years old and we were actively trying. We moved from. FL to Colorado and after trying for 4 years we got pregnant with baby #2. Will post a picture of him later.

My husband finally got retired from the Army and having him home came at perfect timing.

I used to be a healthy, hyper, super energetic in to sports person.
Before I got pregnant with baby Liam Tanner I let my self go, got depressed, started gaining weight and long story short I was almost 200lbs. I was 197 when I was told I was 8 weeks pregnant and my odyssey started.
They said that because I had a serious kidney infection I had to undergo surgery and I would lose the baby most definitely.
After trying for years? NO. I told them if they were gonna save me it will be saving my baby too.
During the pregnancy I developed hyperemesis gravidarum and because of that I couldn't keep not even water down.
I lost 30 lbs on my first trimester. Second trimester another 30lbs and when he came at 35weeks he was a healthy 6.12lbs baby. As soon as he was born I went in to cardiac arrest.
I had also developed CHF, cardiomyopathy, pericarditis, heart valve, atrial fibrillation, you name it. I needed a new heart. I was only 29.
2 days later they sent us home for me to come to the ER every week for chest pain. The OBs repeatedly said it was PPD. It wasn't. So a different family doctor saw me and he decided to run some tests. The first of all the tests he sent me to do showed it all. My heart was swollen there was literally no room for it where it stood. Add the pericarditis and all the other problems.
I was dying.
He sent me to a different hospital because the military hospital were they had me didn't have the resources to keep me alive. I spent the first 3 months of my newborns life away from him in the icy in a hospital in coma. When I woke up doctors ran more test and a rheumatologist also found SLE LUPUS. I already have survived leukemia since I was a teenager but I have been on remission for years! Now this. Well that's what the chemo is for.

Sorry for having shared my story. I will post pictures of my baby as soon as am close to a computer :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Girl.. your ring is going to be stunning and you have more than earned it.. prayers and good thoughts "dust" for you!!!

jmona

Rough_Rock
Here's my boys on day 1.
and the picture where his brother kisses him is day 7

Our birth announcement card. right after taking this pictures i was sent to the hospital for 3 months.

more pix
Mommy and baby

b5e3b741.jpg

img_0135.jpg

img_0048.jpg

photo_reaw2.jpg

jmona

Rough_Rock
Hospital visitations. You wouldn't believe me if i told you, I was dying when this picture was taken. I could only see my boys briefly, it was so hard to be away from them for so long.

Feeding my baby for the first time after being moved from the ICU and seeing him for the first time in a month and half.

Reading him a bedtime story before he had to go back home. I can't see this pictures, they tear me apart. but im here now and I ain't missing out!

This is my baby now. At 11 months.

Sorry for sharing my story, idk if its against the rules. but I felt compelled to share :wavey: Oh yeah and I said the ring was like a birthday present because My baby was born 2 days before mine (8-21), and 2 days later I might be receiving my ring. woot woot

332319_10150890678240311_2134033320_o.jpg

379993_10150890678150311_967475279_n.jpg

327403_10150890680240311_571691045_o.jpg

288420_10151864480365311_24522170_o.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your future new ring!!! Its going to be lovely! You have been through hell and back with everything going on.
Thank you for sharing. It really helps put things in perspective.

I wish you much peace and happiness with your new ring...and your beautiful family.

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Oh my you have literally been through sooo many battles! I pray blessings over your beautiful children and you and your husband, beautiful photos, and such a humbling story, reminds us of important things in life. I really hope you are blessed as well with your new ring purchase, your really do deserve it. :)

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Wow the ring is going to be gorgeous :love: Cannot wait to see the photos of the actual ring.

Oh my, your story, well, I don't really have any words except to say I am so sorry for all that you have gone though and wish you health and much happiness.

Your children are beautiful. The photo where your older son has on the dark shirt and is looking at his new baby brother is so priceless. The smile on his face just beams happiness and he looks so proud to be big brother.

jmona

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! My son was there in the room asleep when I was giving birth to his brother, Even tho i didn't get the epidural, I tried to be as quiet through every push with all the pain. That picture of my oldest son on his jammies smiling, is his first look at his brother, the very first person who got to hold him was him, and his look, its the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I think my dreams have come true in both my children. I can't have any more babies since my heart is too weak for it. But I got to admit I got 2 beautiful children the Lord has given me and that's more than I had ever dreamed off. More than I deserve, more than I asked the lord to give me but most definitely more than I asked for and more than I dreamed. I feel so blessed rightnow, even tho I'm having a Lupus flare triggered by the sun but I feel so happy, and have a feeling of fulfillment i never felt before. I'm fighting rightnow, there is no cure for lupus, Im having chemo every week, had a 3 week break of 6 rounds and starting a new drug soon that might give me better chances to live longer since now thanks to Lupus I have Heart Disease and Kidney disease. But if it so happen that I go with the Lord soon, I can say that I lived a good 30 years. lived, loved, lost, gave, gained, received, traveled, met people, got angry and forgave and was loved even with my millions of mistakes. Had a life filled with blessings! I cant resist but to call my life beautiful even with the ups and downs, mostly downs in the last 11 months but ups because i get to live one more day to enjoy the 3 men in my life. My husband and my 2 boys. :) If that isnt a blessing, idk what is!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a story!!!! huge props to you for making it through all that and still having such a positive attitude. you have beautiful children and I hope you are able to enjoy their milestones through life!!! good luck!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If ANYONE has earned this magnificent ring and diamond, girl it is YOU! Gorgeous family! Fight and win!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a story! You are so brave. I'm glad you'll have a beautiful ring to go with your gorgeous children. And diamonds really do make diaper changes more fun!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1343512396|3242208 said:
If ANYONE has earned this magnificent ring and diamond, girl it is YOU! Gorgeous family! Fight and win!

Ditto this....you ring will be stunning!!!!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful, and your family is gorgeous! I am so excited for you to get it and share pictures. Wishing you health and happiness.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your new halo, wishing you many years of health and happiness.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many wishes for good health for your future. You have had quite the journey! I hope from here on, your illnesses are manageable and there is remission in your foreseeable future. What a blessed family you have created - love them to the max, each and every day!

Your ring is the beautiful reward for a terrifying life experience. I hope the worst is over... and the best (including that stunning ring!!!) is yet to come :praise:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your last post brought a tear to my eye. Sending lots of positive vibes and hoping that your lupus goes into remission soon.

jmona

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately the Lupus has gotten to my heart so bad, I had heart attack yesterday.
Thankfully since little to no damage was done my cardiologist concluded that putting stents and doing an angioplasty on me would be tOo risky and said that in the long run I would have more problems. My heart is still swollen hencE the cardiomyopathy and I now alsO have Pleurisy. Lungs are swOllen too. At least I live another day to tell the tale and spend time with my boys.

Did any of you knew that there is a "broken heart syndrome"? It happens when you're under lots of stress leading to heart attack and severe heart failure which could also lead to death, I now have this too. Sorry I couldn't reply any of your replies yesterday. I was in the hospital.:(

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness. I will pray for you and your family!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
@jmona - I read your initial posting several days ago. I found it quite moving and was lost for words. Now I see your most recent post, and that you have taken a sudden turn for the worse.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
many many prayers for healing and peace for you.
what a beautiful family you have.
I can't wait to see your ring!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
jmona|1343491911|3242030 said:
Thanks so much! Well when I joined the forums my first son was almost 3 years old and we were actively trying. We moved from. FL to Colorado and after trying for 4 years we got pregnant with baby #2. Will post a picture of him later.

My husband finally got retired from the Army and having him home came at perfect timing.

I used to be a healthy, hyper, super energetic in to sports person.
Before I got pregnant with baby Liam Tanner I let my self go, got depressed, started gaining weight and long story short I was almost 200lbs. I was 197 when I was told I was 8 weeks pregnant and my odyssey started.
They said that because I had a serious kidney infection I had to undergo surgery and I would lose the baby most definitely.
After trying for years? NO. I told them if they were gonna save me it will be saving my baby too.
During the pregnancy I developed hyperemesis gravidarum and because of that I couldn't keep not even water down.
I lost 30 lbs on my first trimester. Second trimester another 30lbs and when he came at 35weeks he was a healthy 6.12lbs baby. As soon as he was born I went in to cardiac arrest.
I had also developed CHF, cardiomyopathy, pericarditis, heart valve, atrial fibrillation, you name it. I needed a new heart. I was only 29.
2 days later they sent us home for me to come to the ER every week for chest pain. The OBs repeatedly said it was PPD. It wasn't. So a different family doctor saw me and he decided to run some tests. The first of all the tests he sent me to do showed it all. My heart was swollen there was literally no room for it where it stood. Add the pericarditis and all the other problems.
I was dying.
He sent me to a different hospital because the military hospital were they had me didn't have the resources to keep me alive. I spent the first 3 months of my newborns life away from him in the icy in a hospital in coma. When I woke up doctors ran more test and a rheumatologist also found SLE LUPUS. I already have survived leukemia since I was a teenager but I have been on remission for years! Now this. Well that's what the chemo is for.

Sorry for having shared my story. I will post pictures of my baby as soon as am close to a computer :)

Wow girl, what a story! I'm glad you're here!! Congrats on the ring, and on the two beautiful children!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jmona, I am praying for you!

jmona

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much. Lupus has gotten to me badly, rightnow as I type this I have a collapsed lung with a nodule in it and they dont know what formed it or how to remove it. I've never been a smoker but the doctors are saying it could be cancer in my lungs.
I'm home finally and since i can't sleep in my bed yet, im sleeping in my recliner.
Since my last post my children turned 6 years old, started school and got a girlfriend named Camry, like the car lol
2 weeks later my littlest munchkin turned 1 year old and we did a theme pocoyo cake, he loves his pocoyo and wont go to sleep without his pocoyo that lights up. 2 days later (21) I turned 31. YAY!!!! The doctors predicted I wouldn't live to see another birthday. Again, more proof that God exists and he has a plan for everything and everyone even today.

Unfortunately for me things keep getting worse instead of improving.
Kidney disease, heart disease, severe heart failure, I had a heart attack in the beginning of August and I have been in and out of the hospital every week. I may fall several times during this battle but I ain't quitting.
2 people from my lupus support group have passed in the last week or so, lost their battle to this terrible, horrible invisible killer disease.
Yet, Here I am. God always has a plan, am counting on that. He doesn't give half blessings and I've paid my dues. my time is coming and i shall be rewarded.

My ring will be here Tuesday!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (SORRY IM SO HAPPY I HAD TO EMPHASIZE!) (sorry for the caps lol)

You have no idea how much i want to quit it all. the meds,, the doctors visits, the weekly chemo, everything. But I can't. My amazing husband and my children need me.

heres a birthday picture from them both:
This are Sean's 6th birthday pix, gotta make a new post for littlest man. :)

img_6224-001.jpg

img_6876-001.jpg

img_6912.jpg

jmona

Rough_Rock
This are the ones for Liam Skywalkers Birthday :)

He was ready to blow the candle!

Family photo

img_6995.jpg

img_7102.jpg

img_7020-001.jpg

img_6985-001.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful family! Your boys look so sweet and happy! I'm so glad your ring is almost here...you mst be so excited and we can't wait to see the pics!

You are an amazing woman to fight as positively as you do. Stay strong. Keep the faith. Blessings to you and your family.

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jmona :wavey:

Lovely to see the pictures of your beautiful family - it looks like you've managed to squeeze in some quality time together and made some lasting memories!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new ring come Tuesday! I'll be waiting :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of everything to you!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see your ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful family jmona, your boys are so adorable!

Will be keeping you in my thoughts as you make your way through your health issues - I'm really sorry you're dealing with all of this, your strength and positive attitude are such an inspiration.

I can't wait to see your ring!!! Post pics as soon as you get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results