shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody experiencing a stinkbug invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Aside from just smushing a huge meaty spider (shuddering!) I have also flushed 3 stinkbugs down the toilet making sure I do not crush them before they go to septic heaven.
What''s up with these stinkbugs? I have never seen them before a couple of years ago and now they are everywhere. Anyone having their own stinkbug invasion and any hints on how to keep them away?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I see very few of them. I didn't know they were stink bugs. What do stink bugs smell like? Skunk?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a few of them. I just grab them and flush... My exterminator said spraying for them doesn''t help. They are so annoying. I am hoping the colder weather comes soon, that usually helps... They are hearty little suckers.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:49:37 PM
Author: radiantquest
I see very few of them. I didn''t know they were stink bugs. What do stink bugs smell like? Skunk?
I don''t want to crush one to find out and apparently they must taste bad too because my dog spit it out quickly and rubbed his face over the carpet and just freaked.
That''ll teach him to try to eat a bug!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
There was one on the inside windshield of my car the other day - in the car with us! I am afraid of bugs, and DH wasn''t with us, so I had to be brave & remove it myself. I was afraid I would squish it by accident, but I didn''t, thank goodness. I also had one in my house a couple of months ago.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 6:22:39 PM
Author: vespergirl
There was one on the inside windshield of my car the other day - in the car with us! I am afraid of bugs, and DH wasn''t with us, so I had to be brave & remove it myself. I was afraid I would squish it by accident, but I didn''t, thank goodness. I also had one in my house a couple of months ago.
I hate bugs too, but have to get rid of them myslef when DH isn''t around. DH can''t understand why bugs freak me out and yet I handled laboratory rats the size of cats in college.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Stink bugs, huh? Do husbands count???!!!
2.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 6:34:03 PM
Author: Ara Ann
2.gif
Sure count them in. Yesterday DH showed me a brochure for an air filtration system that stated "removes volatile odors and gases" and told him to buy one for our bedroom pronto for my big stinkbug. He didn''t think that was funny. The truth is I wasn''t being funny.
emotion-14.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 6:42:44 PM
Author: soocool
Date: 9/24/2009 6:34:03 PM

Author: Ara Ann

2.gif
Sure count them in. Yesterday DH showed me a brochure for an air filtration system that stated ''removes volatile odors and gases'' and told him to buy one for our bedroom pronto for my big stinkbug. He didn''t think that was funny. The truth is I wasn''t being funny.
emotion-14.gif

Mine was a stinkbug yesterday and today...but at least apologized when he got home...guess I''ll cancel the exterminator!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results