shape
carat
color
clarity

anybody changing plans to buy diamonds because of financial meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious.
We lost a lot of money in the last two weeks. However we are going ahead with my birthday present purchase, which is quite generous. DH says we have no debt and that my present won''t put us in debt. He says it won''t stop our saving. He says ithat our financial losses are only paper loss. He says that he wants to give me this present.

My present has been ordered already, so my question to you guys is academic. I guess the thing is, I WANT to get it and feel pleased that DH is so insistent I should. However, the constant barrage of news reports on how bad things are (and our net worth sinking daily) makes me wonder if it isn''t selfish to spend a big sum on something ''frivolous'' at this time. Any opinions? DH says it would be different if he had lost his job (something which IS happening to people we know). Should we belt tighten? We''ve done that all our lives. House, kids'' college, retirement--It felt so nice to be getting something beautiful for me, I don''t want to feel guilty about it.

I did just also get a nice anniversary present, milestone anniversary (although this is not a milestone birthday).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results