shape
carat
color
clarity

Any tea drinkers?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, everyone! I had so much fun shopping for her. Really hoping she lets me share because these look delicious!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love tea. I frequently go to tea with my daughter and just a few weeks ago we did a formal tea at our local tea shop. Search your area (Google) for a tea shop and go in and ask for suggestions. Mine has a whole wall of various teas, yummy.

danusia

Rough_Rock
I am not a tea drinker, but my friend's daughter Andrea and her husband Alex have a tea farm in Maui, Hawaii called Maui Tea Farm. They sell organic teas online. https://mauiteafarm.com/

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Have drunk tea from the time I was a baby (yes, I drank tea from a bottle :mrgreen:), no fancy flavours for me, just good old black tea. We put 4000 tea bags in the container when we shipped all our things from the UK. Can’t remember what it was now, either PG Tips or Tetley.

That was a good idea---it's not particularly easy to find good, strong, plain black tea in the US. World Market does carry PG Tips in case you need to find it locally.

To the OP, I'm sure you've already found your daughter's present but for future reference, you may want to consider Mariage Freres for loose-leaf tea. Lovely teas.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, everyone! I had so much fun shopping for her. Really hoping she lets me share because these look delicious!

Wait, what did you end up selecting for her? Inquiring, tea-drinking minds want to know!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, what did you end up selecting for her? Inquiring, tea-drinking minds want to know!

It hasn’t arrived yet so I’m trying to remember. Hang on—details are in my inbox! I ordered from two places. One was an assortment of bestsellers from Harney (I think mostly black teas). The other order was from Smith Teas. I got an assortment that’s just one sachet of each tea (a variety gift box so she can try a lot of different things), something called Silent Night, and their version of Earl Grey, which is called Lord Bergamot. Earl Grey is her favorite.

I loved looking through their online storefronts. And I will confess these purchases were made in the hopes she will be open to sharing. I studied abroad in England a million years ago and really grew to love tea, but have gradually put it away for my very American coffee habit, but would not mind having more tea in my life.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It hasn’t arrived yet so I’m trying to remember. Hang on—details are in my inbox! I ordered from two places. One was an assortment of bestsellers from Harney (I think mostly black teas). The other order was from Smith Teas. I got an assortment that’s just one sachet of each tea (a variety gift box so she can try a lot of different things), something called Silent Night, and their version of Earl Grey, which is called Lord Bergamot. Earl Grey is her favorite.

I loved looking through their online storefronts. And I will confess these purchases were made in the hopes she will be open to sharing. I studied abroad in England a million years ago and really grew to love tea, but have gradually put it away for my very American coffee habit, but would not mind having more tea in my life.

She had a cup of Harney Paris tea this morning. Oh my goodness WOW. What a beautiful tea!!!!! I’m not usually into anything fruity, but this had a gorgeous aroma, just subtly fruity, not like you got whacked over the head with a blueberry or anything. Just enchanting.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
She had a cup of Harney Paris tea this morning. Oh my goodness WOW. What a beautiful tea!!!!! I’m not usually into anything fruity, but this had a gorgeous aroma, just subtly fruity, not like you got whacked over the head with a blueberry or anything. Just enchanting.

Isn't it just the loveliest? It quickly became one of my favorites. And I love that they offer it loose, so I'm not constantly creating more waste.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm seeing this thread a bit late, but I wanted to post that my husband and I have had a "tea of the month" subscription from Bird & Blend and it's been rather fun to try out new varieties regularly. It's a UK company, so there are shipping charges, but they're not crazy. Their Banana Bread Chai roiboos is my new remedy for a blah day.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbroken that our one and only tea house is closing this year. I love this little place and have gone there for years.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Updating to say I am in LOVE with Harney teas. (Yes, I realize these were a gift for my daughter. Thankfully she is sharing!)

Paris, as I mentioned above, is just divine. My new favorite is their Earl Grey Supreme. It is just heavenly. Nice and citrusy, just the perfect pick-me-up in the afternoon (drinking a cup as we speak).

Next up, we’ve got to investigate and stock some more herbal teas for night, as this is fast becoming a tea paradise and someone is always brewing a cup!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Vanilla or Earl Grey. Loose tea--I use a muslin tea bag and fill it according to if I am making a cup or pot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results