shape
carat
color
clarity

any suggestions for a colored wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amyholder

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''ve attached a pic of my engagement ring (I haven''t received yet). I would like to know if you guys thought a colored wedding ring would look good with it? Im looking for something white gold. I would like either a pink or aqua colored wedding ring. I saw a ring with pink sapphires alternating with diamonds that gave me the idea of a possible colored wedding ring...... I''ve been lurking in the colored stone forum a few times, but haven''t seen very many wedding rings

INSIGNIA-7005-main-694.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think a pink sapphire wedding band would look BEAUTIFUL with that!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinel and Sapphire offer more durability and greater sparkle factor over aquamarine, and they come in pink and light blue colors. Spinels are slightly less hard than sapphires, but they are typically less expensive for similar colors.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think a coloured wedding ring would look amazing with that ring!

I agree that spinels or sapphires would be the way to go. Both can be all shades of pink, but, for blue, sapphire will be much easier to source than nice blue spinel (it does exist, though). There have been several coloured halos lately in SMTR, which can give you an idea of the effect of smaller coloured stones.

amyholder

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any pics of a colored stone wedding band? Either IRL or stock from a vendor? I would like to have a starting out point and go from there. Thanks again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that something with pink or blue will be perfect. Pink sapphire/spinel or light blue sapphire are good stones for their durability. A nice place to start browsing is www.signedpieces.com

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
An aqua or a pink sapphire would both look great, I agree. But let me give you another idea here: you could pick a stone according to what it symbolizes. Since we''re talking about a wedding ring, an emerald would be a great choice, too. Love
2.gif

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 10:01:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Spinel and Sapphire offer more durability and greater sparkle factor over aquamarine, and they come in pink and light blue colors. Spinels are slightly less hard than sapphires, but they are typically less expensive for similar colors.

The Mohs hardness scale ranks minerals by hardness, but it doesn''t really tell you how much harder a sapphire (9) is than a spinel (8). In relative terms, a 9 is not slightly harder than an 8; it is actually twice as hard. A diamond (10) is actually 4 times harder than a sapphire.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/6/2009 6:03:09 PM
Author: Christiana
An aqua or a pink sapphire would both look great, I agree. But let me give you another idea here: you could pick a stone according to what it symbolizes. Since we''re talking about a wedding ring, an emerald would be a great choice, too. Love
2.gif
Or perhaps your wedding colours

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with Sapphires. They will be easier to find in small sizes than Spinel. I really like the alternating diamond/colored stone look. Will you go for that or all pink? Signed pieces really does have good prices.

Have Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results