shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pics of 2-2.5 tcw shared prong eternity bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 3:26:05 PM
Author: October2008bride
Soooo....I got the ring today.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with it so I will be sending it back, but I will say that Mark has been incredible dealing with it. No questions asked - send it back and it will be fixed.

Also - I found that it sat VERY high off my finger - I think it is because of the basket setting I chose (it was stock, not custom made). Mark, as amazing as he is, offered to switch the setting when I send it back as well. He really is great.

I truly believe that the quality of a vendor is not just in the product he/she makes, but in how they deal with issues as they arise. Mark really is a gem in that regard.

Soo...as far as questions go - will a standard shared prong setting sit much closer to my finger? I have a size 6 finger and the stones are 10 pointers...

Thanks in advance for your help!

How exciting, October!!! Im sorry that you have to send it back. No worries though, Mark will make it right.

Can you post a few pics before you box it up? I would love to see it...Will you be going with a regular shared prong band now? I think that would sit alot closer to your finger than the basket style would...

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Sure - I''ll take pics tonight - however I won''t take pictures of the ''issues'' because I feel like Mark has been so great I don''t really want to come across like I am slamming him in any way. He is absolutely making it right.

I will show pics of the ring generally though so you can get an idea of it with the tcw and the basket setting.

Do you think going to the regular setting will help? Do you think that will make it lower?

I know the tiffany basket setting is very low, but would involve a custom setting and I really didn''t want to go that route (more money for tcw right!?)

I''m trying to figure out how deep a 10 pointer is to get an idea of how far off my finger it would have to be minimum - I don''t want to ask Mark to put it in another setting that I won''t love you know?

This would be easier if I was in NYC of course ahha.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 3:40:41 PM
Sure - I'll take pics tonight - however I won't take pictures of the 'issues' because I feel like Mark has been so great I don't really want to come across like I am slamming him in any way. He is absolutely making it right.

I will show pics of the ring generally though so you can get an idea of it with the tcw and the basket setting.

Do you think going to the regular setting will help? Do you think that will make it lower?

I know the tiffany basket setting is very low, but would involve a custom setting and I really didn't want to go that route (more money for tcw right!?)

I'm trying to figure out how deep a 10 pointer is to get an idea of how far off my finger it would have to be minimum - I don't want to ask Mark to put it in another setting that I won't love you know?

So, without saying too much, are there issues with the workmanship of the ring? Mark didnt make it you said, right? So, its not his fault at all....No worries! Have you asked about having him and his team create something for you? He's really good about gauging exactly what his customers are looking for, IMO....Maybe if you describe to him in detail, he can make some suggestions for you and custom make it?

I would assume that the basket setting would sit alot higher than the sp would, since there is a bit of "air space" to accomodate the basket, which sets the diamond higher. Hmm....maybe some experts will chime in....Im sorry I dont have better advice for you, but I am very interested, since I really want an e-band myself......

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 4:07:17 PM
Author: Dani

So, without saying too much, are there issues with the workmanship of the ring? Mark didnt make it you said, right? So, its not his fault at all....No worries! Have you asked about having him and his team create something for you? He''s really good about gauging exactly what his customers are looking for, IMO....Maybe if you describe to him in detail, he can make some suggestions for you and custom make it?

I would assume that the basket setting would sit alot higher than the sp would, since there is a bit of ''air space'' to accomodate the basket, which sets the diamond higher. Hmm....maybe some experts will chime in....Im sorry I dont have better advice for you, but I am very interested, since I really want an e-band myself......
It was a stock setting - I think from Adwar. Definitely not Mark''s fault - I think it just slipped through the cracks you know?

I know that if I got something custom from him it would be outstanding - I''m just worried about cost. I really am not asking for anything unique I think...which I why I feel like I should be able to go stock with the setting.

I would still totally trust getting your ring from Mark though, Dani. When are you going to be looking into it?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 5:37:48 PM
Date: 3/17/2008 4:07:17 PM

So, without saying too much, are there issues with the workmanship of the ring? Mark didnt make it you said, right? So, its not his fault at all....No worries! Have you asked about having him and his team create something for you? He's really good about gauging exactly what his customers are looking for, IMO....Maybe if you describe to him in detail, he can make some suggestions for you and custom make it?

I would assume that the basket setting would sit alot higher than the sp would, since there is a bit of 'air space' to accomodate the basket, which sets the diamond higher. Hmm....maybe some experts will chime in....Im sorry I dont have better advice for you, but I am very interested, since I really want an e-band myself......

It was a stock setting - I think from Adwar. Definitely not Mark's fault - I think it just slipped through the cracks you know?

I know that if I got something custom from him it would be outstanding - I'm just worried about cost. I really am not asking for anything unique I think...which I why I feel like I should be able to go stock with the setting.

I would still totally trust getting your ring from Mark though, Dani. When are you going to be looking into it?

Ohh, definitely I trust Mark. He found me my beautiful stone and created my FAB setting, so I will absolutely work with him on future projects. Plus, he's so nice and MH and I feel very comfortable with him. We will be looking to purchase in September (our first anniversary and my 30th b-day)!! EEK!!!
I have to get something special to mark the occasion(s), dont you think????

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 3:40:41 PM
Sure - I''ll take pics tonight - however I won''t take pictures of the ''issues'' because I feel like Mark has been so great I don''t really want to come across like I am slamming him in any way. He is absolutely making it right.

I know the tiffany basket setting is very low, but would involve a custom setting and I really didn''t want to go that route (more money for tcw right!?)

I''m trying to figure out how deep a 10 pointer is to get an idea of how far off my finger it would have to be minimum - I don''t want to ask Mark to put it in another setting that I won''t love you know?

Just go to your nearest jewler that sells Mémoire... they have 10 pointers in stock, so you should be able to find what it should look like. The Mémoire band sits really low--just like the Tiffany one..

http://www.memoire.com/index.aspx?par=wheretobuy

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 6:18:57 PM
Author: sna77

Just go to your nearest jewler that sells Mémoire... they have 10 pointers in stock, so you should be able to find what it should look like. The Mémoire band sits really low--just like the Tiffany one..

http://www.memoire.com/index.aspx?par=wheretobuy
Thanks sna77! I definitely looked at your posts about your purchase to get some advice - so thanks for that too!

Unfortunately the closest retailer of memoire in Canada is about an hour from here. I think I''ll go at least to Tiffany this weekend to maybe check it out there. I mean, maybe I should just drop the tcw?

I''ve got a few pics. Give me a sec to resize.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Cant wait to see the pics!!!
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah sorry about the lighting...the sun went down!

IMG_2693pricescope.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Anyways that is it for now - you can see it is really beautiful!! What do you think about how it sits so far off my finger?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....It is very pretty, but I do see what you mean....It sits high off your finger, and in that 1st shot it just doesnt look as flattering as I thought it would be (too much metal or something?). I dont know. Im hoping that someone that is familiar with e-bands chimes in....
1.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 8:27:14 PM
Hmmmm....It is very pretty, but I do see what you mean....It sits high off your finger, and in that 1st shot it just doesnt look as flattering as I thought it would be (too much metal or something?). I dont know. Im hoping that someone that is familiar with e-bands chimes in....
1.gif
Yeah I''m not sure what it is - I mean the tcw should be plenty you know!!!

Do you think if it was in a regular SP setting it would look better? Or do you think it is my finger''s fault?

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
October2008bride, would you mind telling me how tall this eternity ring measures? I was thinking of getting something very similar but now I''m wondering if it might not work out after all. I really love the Tiffany version...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 7:49:50 PM

it looks like the band is too big? Like the wrong size? There shouldnt be that gap there??

Mémoire made a cool band that was adjustable on the inside... there was a spring or something that made it fit to your hand... was kind of cool...

I would definitely go see the T&C band in person if you live closer... Not sure what your ring size is, but I think it should sit tighter than that...

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 10:06:43 PM

it looks like the band is too big? Like the wrong size? There shouldnt be that gap there??

Mémoire made a cool band that was adjustable on the inside... there was a spring or something that made it fit to your hand... was kind of cool...

I would definitely go see the T&C band in person if you live closer... Not sure what your ring size is, but I think it should sit tighter than that...
You think so? I wasn''t sure - I''m going to wait until my hands warm up a bit and check again, but the thought did cross my mind as well...

I''ll get the size checked as well on the weekend. Thanks for chiming in sna77!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 10:10:22 PM

Date: 3/17/2008 10:06:43 PM

You think so? I wasn''t sure - I''m going to wait until my hands warm up a bit and check again, but the thought did cross my mind as well...

I''ll get the size checked as well on the weekend. Thanks for chiming in sna77!

I am CERTAINLY no expert, but the rigs my FI tried on (and her sister''s) don''t look lioke that--they sat flush with their fingers...

I would definitely stick that thing on a sizer and verify its the right size...

I actually really liked the exposed cutlet deign of that... Looks similar to the T&C one... The Mémoire band is all paltinum on the side...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 8:39:53 PM
Date: 3/17/2008 8:27:14 PM

1.gif

Yeah I''m not sure what it is - I mean the tcw should be plenty you know!!!

Do you think if it was in a regular SP setting it would look better? Or do you think it is my finger''s fault?

I think the tcw is plenty.....Go to Tiff''s and try on regular sp settings and see if you prefer that type of setting....I wish I had better advice, but Im not sure myself what kind of setting I would prefer either!!!
2.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 5:02:31 AM

I think the tcw is plenty.....Go to Tiff''s and try on regular sp settings and see if you prefer that type of setting....I wish I had better advice, but Im not sure myself what kind of setting I would prefer either!!!
2.gif
Thanks Dani - I think I''m going to try to do that this weekend. I know that I don''t prefer the regular setting - hence why I wanted the basket setting, but if this is the way a non-custom basket setting comes out (i.e. so tall) then I think I may not have an option.

It''s exciting you get to get one soon though! Are you looking for a similar tcw? Since we have the same sized fingers, you can get an idea of how it will look at least.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 9:11:33 AM
Date: 3/18/2008 5:02:31 AM

2.gif

Thanks Dani - I think I''m going to try to do that this weekend. I know that I don''t prefer the regular setting - hence why I wanted the basket setting, but if this is the way a non-custom basket setting comes out (i.e. so tall) then I think I may not have an option.

It''s exciting you get to get one soon though! Are you looking for a similar tcw? Since we have the same sized fingers, you can get an idea of how it will look at least.

Hey!

Well, we''ll see....I would like to get one for our 1 yr anni, but you know, things come up, so we''ll make that decision when the time comes closer.....If I do end up gettting one, I would probably go to Tiff''s or another B&M and try on different ct wts to see what size I would prefer...But I think your size is perfect! I cant wait to see what you end up with, b/c I feel like we have similar taste and the same finger size, so it will pretty much look the same on both of us....

When it comes time for me to purchase, I wont have to do any research at all...I''ll just tell Mark, "Give me what SHE has!!!" LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results