shape
carat
color
clarity

any of your acquaintances thinks that....

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
People ask if my ring is topaz all the time :knockout:

Once they find out it's a real honest to goodness diamond they go "Oh. Neat, never seen one that color before." One lady even went so far as to try and take it off my finger... :angryfire:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Echidna|1331001169|3141497 said:
Probably :lol: :lol: :lol:

Either that, or they are bemoaning my expensive taste and ridiculous, over-the-top spending! Can't win, so who cares?!

:lol:

I really don't care what others think about my jewelry. Altho I was out with some people Saturday nite and one of the woman said "I'd love to come over some afternoon and play in Amber's jewelry box". And my husband replied "pack a bag, it will take several days, she has five jewelry boxes that I KNOW ABOUT." {I've never told him abut the hanging sleeve I have in mycloset for my costume jewelry....}

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, none of my pieces are OTT where people would think it's fake. I did think it was funny when a couple of weeks ago my friends were looking at my watch and one asked, "are the diamonds in it real?" And the other said, "C'mon, this is TGAL. Have you ever known her to wear anything fake?"

I plan to buy a 4 carat CZ in the near future to freak them out. :cheeky:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1331048233|3141804 said:

Either that, or they are bemoaning my expensive taste and ridiculous, over-the-top spending! Can't win, so who cares?!
Same here! I think I've addressed this with a few people. Apparently I've also wasted my money on all the various education I have done also, through a masters, GIA, a little bit of cosmetology school. How dare I be interested in things and want to learn how to do them right?

Oooh, Ame, my education costs must be a waste too! I'm even doing some extra study now just because I WANT to. "Unused" education is sooo wasteful :lol:

Actually, it was my fellow research students that continually commented that I spent too much money. I'm not sure how they were so intimately acquainted with my finances that they could make that call, but I've never had any problems paying my bills, living within my means and buying sparkly things as well...

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1331066921|3142096 said:
Nope, none of my pieces are OTT where people would think it's fake. I did think it was funny when a couple of weeks ago my friends were looking at my watch and one asked, "are the diamonds in it real?" And the other said, "C'mon, this is TGAL. Have you ever known her to wear anything fake?"

I plan to buy a 4 carat CZ in the near future to freak them out. :cheeky:

GOLD :lol: :lol: :lol:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1331065111|3142065 said:

:lol:

I really don't care what others think about my jewelry. Altho I was out with some people Saturday nite and one of the woman said "I'd love to come over some afternoon and play in Amber's jewelry box". And my husband replied "pack a bag, it will take several days, she has five jewelry boxes that I KNOW ABOUT." {I've never told him abut the hanging sleeve I have in mycloset for my costume jewelry....}

Amber, these are the kinds of comments I support! I'm happy to loan pieces to people for occasions if they need them (my mother and sister regularly comment on how awesome it is when they get to raid the collection for weddings or nights out), but the snarky people don't get a look-in...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there are some pieces that are, and some that aren't. Many of my friends know jewelry is an interest of mine and will ask about new pieces, especially if they think it's something I've made. This has shown me that they believe my skill level to be much, much greater than it actually is, as they'll ask if I've made things with micropave and other such complicated nonsense!

I have much more of a problem with strangers being flummoxed by my e-ring center stone and insisting it's a tanzanite because no sapphire is so pretty. At least they still think it's a real gemstone?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I was wearing a T&Co necklace...nothing fancy, just a sterling silver snowflake my mom got me for Christmas. I was at In N Out and the cashier complimented it, then said she had the same one. Then she said it broke, but luckily Walmart took it back. :shock:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1331077816|3142262 said:
I was wearing a T&Co necklace...nothing fancy, just a sterling silver snowflake my mom got me for Christmas. I was at In N Out and the cashier complimented it, then said she had the same one. Then she said it broke, but luckily Walmart took it back. :shock:
:errrr: I wouldn't have known what to say at that point, amc80.

I know none of my friends think my jewelry is fake, but then again, nothing is super blingy. Acquaintances...I'm not sure....maybe they do, but nobody has been rude enough to ask me.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes I got asked today. I was truthful (cue wide eyed astonishment)

I've been asked this at least 7-8 times. :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tigian|1331082857|3142328 said:
amc80|1331077816|3142262 said:
:errrr: I wouldn't have known what to say at that point, amc80.

I just sort of laughed and said that's good. Didn't want to make her feel bad or come off as a snooty pants...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work for a jeweller, and one day I served a customer who informed me she was after price quotes for a diamond ring exactly like my e-ring which I was wearing at the time, but in real diamonds. :sick:

My boss was standing behind me and nearly lost it :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DanDiAnDi said:
I used to work for a jeweller, and one day I served a customer who informed me she was after price quotes for a diamond ring exactly like my e-ring which I was wearing at the time, but in real diamonds. :sick:

What??? First off how rude! Second- you are working t a jewelry store- what makes her think you would be wearing fakes???

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
It depends. Most of my friends know my jewelry is real--and what they usually ask is for me to help them shop for jewelry so that they can get good deals too!

The one thing that people have assumed is fake quite often is my pair of diamond stud earrings (1.82 carat total weight). I don't think this is being mean. I think its just that around here, few women have real diamond studs bigger than .50 ctw--so the larger sizes you see are generally CZs. I haven't found this anything to be offended about, why would I? I did actually used to wear CZ studs before I got the real ones (though they were smaller) and so what?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt anyone thinks mine is fake. I look the part of someone who can afford it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1331341193|3145345 said:
I doubt anyone thinks mine is fake. I look the part of someone who can afford it.
do the rich really look different?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not rich, just old. If I was 21 they would doubt me.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1331341193|3145345 said:

You GO GIRL!!!!! Loved this it made me smile!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1331212255|3143838 said:

:nono: :nono: :nono: That is a total lack of FILTER.... I would have said.. you meant to say that with your inside voice.. right...? Since it was SO RUDE!!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my acquaintances probably think everything I have is fake.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results