shape
carat
color
clarity

Any NY Jets fans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
As I''ve talked about a long time ago, I''m a super diehard Packer fan, and for those of you that live in Wisconsin esp. you know all about the endless soap opera going on.......I''m sad that Favre is no longer a Packer, but that''s now water under the bridge. So just wondering if there are any Jets fans, and what your thoughts/feelings are.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I miss something? He wanted to come back and I thought he was going to...know they were negotiating with him and I heard they were giving him money NOT to play at one point...is he a Jet now?

My hubby grew up in NYC. My father in law had 4 seats on the 50 yard line, maybe 15 rows up...season tickets. Even when they all moved to LA he kept those in the family, and they are ours now. I think he sold two of the four to a family friend who was living in NY and kept the other two. But we rarely get to a Jet game from Philly.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here in Viking land, everyone I know is thrilled he didn''t end up in Minnesota. Whew!!
19.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ugh, yes, the Favre saga.....I''m in WI.....I agree that he is/was an awesome player, and loved him to death. .... Until recently, with his child like temper tantrums and all the drama.

Everywhere you turn here in WI, thats all you hear about...and I am so sick of it! Let the Jets have him. Should be interesting to see if he does anything there......

I think he should have went out on the high note he had, with good health, all his bones intact, and his brain still functional, and put his millions to some good use helping others or whatnot.

favre.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:53:36 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Here in Viking land, everyone I know is thrilled he didn''t end up in Minnesota. Whew!!
19.gif

And believe you-me, us cheeseheads are just as glad!!!!!!
32.gif

Although I think there has been some serious fault on both sides......Living in GB-land I know several people that work on the inside, and there''s just sooo much more to the story.....its sad how it all happened, and really, I think if the Packers wanted their best shot at winning, even though there is a lot of drama, probably Brett was that better chance.......that being said, I hope Aaron Rodgers does well and will make a great team leader!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess what I do not understand is why did he retire only to decide, after his jersey was retired (was it? thought I heard it was) that he wants to come back. He left on a good note, almost making it to the Superbowl, and is still reasonably healthy, as healthy as someone getting pummeled can be, so he must REALLY miss it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 11:01:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
I guess what I do not understand is why did he retire only to decide, after his jersey was retired (was it? thought I heard it was) that he wants to come back. He left on a good note, almost making it to the Superbowl, and is still reasonably healthy, as healthy as someone getting pummeled can be, so he must REALLY miss it!
No, it was planned to be retired next month at the Monday night game......although I think that was silly of the Packer management to make that decision so soon, being that there are so many players who retire (in good health) and then come back.

I think that''s what made it so hard, was that he knew his body was still able to play. He made his decsion way too soon. He still wasn''t over the mental hurt of losing that championship game imho....But that was the push from the team manager was to get a decision ASAP so they could make a plan one way or another. Which I do understand, but yet the Bucs, Jets, and Vikings, were more than willing to overlook all their ready made plans (with basically no notice, and the season already almost underway) to pick up Favre and have a better shot to win.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 11:01:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
Being a professional athlete is like being in a marriage. It''s something that you have committed your entire life to. Many people make the decision to divorce and then during the process waver back and forth trying to decide whether it was the "right" decision.

I had a horrible relationship with my college coach, but I played all the way thru my 4 years, because I had no idea what I was going to do without golf in my life. It scared the living crap out of me honestly. It''s very hard to walk away from something you have had such a great time learning and perfecting, and it always gets harder right before the season is supposed to begin.

With that said, I think he''s being a HUGE baby... I''m very tired of hearing about all this as well.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My BF, brother and I were talking about this at dinner this evening (we are from Chicago) and we have a different view, which is not popular. When Brett announced his retirement, you could just tell he was going to come back, he did not seem at all confident in his decision. He is a true athlete & has seemed to be a class act through his carreer (I am excusing his behavior in Atlanta). Even as a Bear fan, I have always had a high level of respect for the guy (this is saying lots mind you). I think some of what drove Brett's actions had to do with the loss against the Giants and the fact that the Packer organization had gone through some changes...perhaps he really did not feel as comfortable as he did before. So okay, there was some drama with his return, I get that, but I think he has not been treated with the respect he deserves. He devoted 16 years of his life, started every game and did amazing things for the team. There are many people out there who still want to see Brett play, so why should he stay retired if he wants to play (I do not think staying retired to keep Packer fans happy is a good enough reason). He loves the sport and I think it is for Brett and his family to decide in terms of when he should leave.

Do I think the drama is over, no. There is a good chance that NY could trade him to another team, or maybe he plays 1 year in NY, which would negate his contract with GB and possibly end up in MN anyway. Or maybe NY trades him to a team, who then trades him to MN for next season...far fetched - yes, but an interesting thought.

I get that his retiring was emotional for Packer fans because watching Michael Jordan go through it was emotional for Bulls fans too. The drama of Brett staying or going or whatever is happening next a roller coaster for all parties involved. I feel bad for the team as, I am sure all of this up and down has been rough. I especially feel bad for Rogers too. However, the process of Brett coming out of retirement could have gone smoother and the Packers organization has played their part in this mess.Just my .02 from a Chicago Bears fan! Keep in mind, we did pass on Farve as well, but I think that had more to do with the fact he would have no one to throw to! Needless to say, it is going to be yet another brutal football season for Bears fans...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 4:39:57 AM
Author: omieluv

My BF, brother and I were talking about this at dinner this evening (we are from Chicago) and we have a different view, which is not popular. When Brett announced his retirement, you could just tell he was going to come back, he did not seem at all confident in his decision. He is a true athlete & has seemed to be a class act through his carreer (I am excusing his behavior in Atlanta). Even as a Bear fan, I have always had a high level of respect for the guy (this is saying lots mind you). I think some of what drove Brett''s actions had to do with the loss against the Giants and the fact that the Packer organization had gone through some changes...perhaps he really did not feel as comfortable as he did before. So okay, there was some drama with his return, I get that, but I think he has not been treated with the respect he deserves. He devoted 16 years of his life, started every game and did amazing things for the team. There are many people out there who still want to see Brett play, so why should he stay retired if he wants to play (I do not think staying retired to keep Packer fans happy is a good enough reason). He loves the sport and I think it is for Brett and his family to decide in terms of when he should leave.

Do I think the drama is over, no. There is a good chance that NY could trade him to another team, or maybe he plays 1 year in NY, which would negate his contract with GB and possibly end up in MN anyway. Or maybe NY trades him to a team, who then trades him to MN for next season...far fetched - yes, but an interesting thought.

I get that his retiring was emotional for Packer fans because watching Michael Jordan go through it was emotional for Bulls fans too. The drama of Brett staying or going or whatever is happening next a roller coaster for all parties involved. I feel bad for the team as, I am sure all of this up and down has been rough. I especially feel bad for Rogers too. However, the process of Brett coming out of retirement could have gone smoother and the Packers organization has played their part in this mess.Just my .02 from a Chicago Bears fan! Keep in mind, we did pass on Farve as well, but I think that had more to do with the fact he would have no one to throw to! Needless to say, it is going to be yet another brutal football season for Bears fans...

Lol!!! You''ve got to be one of the most honest bears fan......but I suppose I can''t raz you to bad on that one. It may very well be a brutal season for the cheeseheads as well! And I do agree with your opinion, as well. But another thought too, is that yes, its emotional for Packers and Favre fans, not just because he played football. The community itself is going to suffer. Deanna''s charity work in the area was very major, and has touched so many lives! I hope that she''ll do that for the people in NY as well. But also revenue in itself. I mean, let''s face it, GB is a great town, but as far as tourism, the Pack is all its got goin'' for it! And Brett was a MAJOR draw for the Packers. If the Packers really decline in their success, I''m afraid that the local economy as a whole will, as well. Brett''s been in NY for less than 3 days, and they''ve pre-sold close to $500k worth of Favre Jets jerseys! That''s insane!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results