carat
color
clarity

Any non married people buy rings?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
allowingtoo|1346535212|3261023 said:
I remember when I was in my 20's working retail and I saw a woman wearing an AMAZING diamond ring and I commented that her husband must love her a lot to have bought that for her. I've never forgotten what she told me.

She said "Oh honey - he didn't buy this for me, and don't you wait for a man to buy you diamonds - buy them for yourself".

So. I do.

Blessings going out to your amazing future!

I had someone say that to me about one of my diamond rings that I proudly bought myself. I said "No, I love my self a lot!"
I've always worn rings on whatever finger my rings can fit on, though I never owned diamonds until SO came along.
I actually do prefer the left hand because my left hand is less active, and rings get banged around less, and my ring finger is the thinner one out of the 3 middle fingers.

I wear my eternity band on rotating fingers, from pointer to ring, from left to right hand. I once wore it on my right ring finger, and got asked if I was married. Then I got schooled on how the right ring finger is the "actual" marriage ring finger, and that Americans just screwed up the tradition! LOL!

Who cares what others may think! Take care of yourself, OP! And nothing says "Screw You!", like buying yourself a big ol' rock and making a note about how HE wasn't able to do that for you! Get yourself that Freedom Ring, and proudly proclaim it as one when people inquire :praise:

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Dagnabbit - I keep looking for that LIKE button and I can't find it anywhere!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about your divorce. Of course you should enjoy a nice diamond how ever you decide to wear it or set it.

mich_t

Rough_Rock
I'm really sorry about your personal situation, but totally go for it!

I personally wear diamonds (I don't even wear my original engagement ring much anymore, so the other's are self-bought upgrades) almost entirely for my own enjoyment! That's why whenever I get a new diamond, I always seem to want to put it in a ring - on a pendant or in earrings I can't see it and enjoy it!!

So on that premise, married or not, get the diamond you want and wear as if it's for your eyes only anyway!!!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Abby12|1346458124|3260643 said:
So my husband is divorcing me..... Is being horrible in the process but i still live bling so am wondering
If i can wear an ering on right hand if i ever choose to buy myself one.
Is that pathetic?
I am heart broken actually, but just trying to fill my mind with retail therapy to keep me going. :(

Pathetic: No.

I'm sorry that you are going through that. Divorces, even if amicable, are always traumatic and devastating at some point, but after that rock-bottom, you heal and you rebuild. Been there, done that, and it was even worse for me, because, frankly, I live in a very trashy and wife-beating lower-socioeconomic dead and small rural area and there will NEVER, EVER be another mate for me here, because who wants a loser drunken flat-broke ruined-health wife-beater with such a pile of debts that he could never be financially self-sufficient. Not to mention that only 12% of the populace here has a college degree, and after you subtract out the women, college kids that are still in grad school, the people with felony convictions, and the marrieds, that probably only leaves two males and both are probably gay and they are living together. :lol:

Yes, I did buy diamonds as a non-married. I gave my e-ring diamond back to my ex in the divorce settlement. Then I bought a very nicely cut and eye-clean 1ct H I-1 from the upscale pawn-shop-vintage-jewelry guy. I still have that diamond. After that, I bought a H&A G color from GOG and then I traded that up to an even more splendid F SI2 1.4ct H&A from GOG. And a .8ct J VS1 probably European (flat crown & big table) RB from the cut-rate used-jewely dealer, and it was only $899 out the door, mounted in my old E-ring setting that was vintage style before "vintage" became hot... So, none of these nice diamonds actually look like "I'm wearing my old e-ring on my right hand," even though one is a solitaire setting.

If you want one and can afford it, definitely get yourself something nice. There's no point in waiting around for some man to do it for you. If the guy wanted a Harley, he wouldn't hesitate to go get one, would he. :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
There's a sale section on here, Preloved Jewels, and also there's the DiamondBistro.com. Pearlman's (sp?) Jeweler's online sells consignment items as do Good Old Gold and Jewels by Erica Grace. There there are Lang's Antiques, and Dover. Dover and Oakgem and Empire/Adina on eBay, and probably many other potential sources.

My .8ct certainly isn't the typical Pricescope-er's goal, but it's a darned nice diamond that is a ball of fire in the sunlight and (cut more for brilliance than for fire) looks blindingly white plus larger than actual size in fluorescent office lighting. Some of the older non-H&A diamonds like the 60/60 and stuff that GIA would probably grade good or premium actually can be very pretty.

L and M color are very pretty, too. The first time I saw a light-yellow tinted diamond set in platinum with white-white sidestones, I was disturbed and turned off, hehe. But I later came to like the contrast between the candlelight L/M color and the white of the other stones, and quite a few antique diamond rings have a "cape" color range center diamond.

Each buyer has to decide where they are willing to make tradeoffs to get size vs. price. Lots of options, and if you move away from the colorless and the superideal cuts and the H&A pattern, there are some very affordable and nice-looking diamonds out there. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results