shape
carat
color
clarity

Any newly weds excited for their first XMAS together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I am I am!!!! I love Christmas! And being married this year makes it all the more exciting!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Yes and no, we are going to be having a verrrrry scaled down christmas due to finances this year, but I''m sure it will still be special :) ILs are visiting us for xmas as well, it''s their first time to Colorado so that should be fun :)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 2:28:07 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Yes and no, we are going to be having a verrrrry scaled down christmas due to finances this year, but I''m sure it will still be special :) ILs are visiting us for xmas as well, it''s their first time to Colorado so that should be fun :)

While I agree gift exchange is a good time - I am usually most excited about the time I get to spend with my family. My husband''s family is HUGE on XMAS so we usually get together their house on XMAS day, and cook together and watch movies all day etc... It''s a lot of fun and they live in the country so it''s like a mini vacation for us city dwellers.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We won''t be together for Christmas since I''m going overseas to see my family and he''s staying in the US with his. We''ll spend next Christmas together though!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 2:39:48 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Date: 11/29/2009 2:28:07 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

While I agree gift exchange is a good time - I am usually most excited about the time I get to spend with my family.

Ditto, it''s the things like cooking dinner and making sure everyone is comfy that will get us in the wallet. Our families actually only draw one name for each person to buy a gift for which is a godsend!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! We are excited...even if we aren''t quite sure where we will be for Christmas. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house and while that was great, we are struggling with the decision of where to spend Christmas...

I am nearly done with all the Christmas shopping so that once we make the decision, we can ship the presents wherever we AREN''T going to be...

I love Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
No, but I''m really excited for our first Hanukkah together
2.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 9:39:22 PM
Author: Lilac
2.gif

haha! My bads... What I really meant was are you guys excited for the holidays in general, whether you are celebrating XMAS, Hanukkah, any other religious holiday or just enjoying the time off.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:19:59 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Date: 11/29/2009 9:39:22 PM

Author: Lilac

2.gif

haha! My bads... What I really meant was are you guys excited for the holidays in general, whether you are celebrating XMAS, Hanukkah, any other religious holiday or just enjoying the time off.

Well then, yes, I''m very excited for our first holiday together!
2.gif
3.gif
I love this season in general, and I''m so happy this year DH and I can share it together. We''ve been with each other for over 5 years, so we have experienced several of these "seasons" over the last few years, but there''s something so different about being married this time! Despite the fact that we''re Orthodox Jews and only celebrate Hanukkah, I do love seeing all the Christmas lights and listening to the songs on the radio - it just reminds me of winter, holidays, family, and togetherness. I''m so excited to be able to share the holiday season with my husband this year!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited but mostly because we''re new homeowners and I can''t wait to hang up lights and get a Christmas tree! We''ve spent every Christmas together since we started dating (this will be our 6th Christmas together) so it probably won''t be that different aside from the house.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
well, we don''t expect Christmas to be any different than the last 6 when we were unmarried...

but I am excited about going to buy a new Christmas tree together. DH made us throw away our hand-me-down tree last year.

ooooh.... closer to the time, we should all post photos of our Christmas trees or other holiday decorations.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well this will be our 8th Christmas together so in that respect it will be no different. We''ve spent most of those with his parents, and a couple with mine. My parents are very relaxed about Christmas whereas his are more up for all the trimmings, games etc.

I would actually like to have one Christmas where we all get together but we''ve never got round to arranging that yet. My parents are teetotal, his are drinkers, my Mum is anxious that they would be poles apart, which is silly as we have been for meals together loads of times and it has always been fun.

But to answer the question, yes I am excited about spending our first Christmas together as a married couple.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This is our 3rd married Xmas (omg! I can''t believe time has moved so quickly!) but I can very clearly remember our first, and it was fantastic.

Due to an unexpected (but needed) move, DH and I were living about 3 hours away from each other and were reunited a few days before Xmas, so that year was very, very emotional. It was also the first year we got a live tree, and I remember spending countless hours in department stores trying to find the perfect "our first Xmas" ornament (even though we have one from when we were first dating with our picture in it). I ended up with the Lenox bride and groom ornament, and now it''s one of my favorite ornaments. We also got an ornament during our honeymoon. Decorating the tree is seriously one of my favorite things, because it represents all those newlywed feelings: families and histories merging, and memories of new traditions and new places we''ve been together as a married couple.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
not married yet, but I was in a store a month ago and walked into the Christmas section and started looking around. It dawned on me that I would be married next X-mas, and I burst into tears in the middle of the store. I had no idea that I would be such a sentimental fool about all this marriage stuff, lol!

that being said, FI and I spent our first X-mas together last year, and it was GREAT! The sad part about getting married is that I can''t imagine NOT spending X-mas with my family, and inevitably, it''s going to happen.
39.gif
We should start taking joint family vacations to a cabin or something for X-mas
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results