shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ladies traveled to Saudi Arabia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
My father is being sent to Saudi Arabia for work for 6 months (he will be allowed to come home for a week every 6-8 weeks over the course of his stay in Saudi Arabia). I would like to go out and visit while he is there. I am trying to find any other ladies who have traveled to Saudia Arabia to share their experiences.

Thanks!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My company was going to send me out to Saudi for a year (I spoke a smattering of Arabic). The Saudi''s would not "accept" a woman representative
20.gif

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about women and Saudi.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 3:56:00 PM
Author: purrfectpear
My company was going to send me out to Saudi for a year (I spoke a smattering of Arabic). The Saudi''s would not ''accept'' a woman representative
20.gif

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about women and Saudi.
Thanks Purrfectpear. That was more or less what I figured
7.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
H almost accepted a position there many years ago. We couldn''t find suitable housing at that time, so we didn''t go. But I had many friends
who lived there and loved it. But you do have to live according to their rules, or at least that''s the way I knew it. Maybe the rules have
relaxed some, but not sure about that. As a visitor, I''m not sure what rules apply now.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think the rules have relaxed much, if any. We finally sent a male manager. Unfortunately he was a fairly devout Christian. He was amazed to discover that it was illegal for him to even own a bible and could NOT bring one into the country, even as an American employee of an American corporation.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 7:07:03 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I don''t think the rules have relaxed much, if any. We finally sent a male manager. Unfortunately he was a fairly devout Christian. He was amazed to discover that it was illegal for him to even own a bible and could NOT bring one into the country, even as an American employee of an American corporation.
Wow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not understand why we even do business with such oppressive governments.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 9:29:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I do not understand why we even do business with such oppressive governments.
because they have all the oil and the money to bail us out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results