shape
carat
color
clarity

any idea how to find harry roa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it is his name. He is the one recommended by the PS. He is from Oceanlilystudio in etsy. I have sent him 4 messages via etsy. Silence. I have tracked him on twitter. Sent him a message to check his etsy account. Silence. I really like his designs and while trisko does a good job and is willing to cooperate his 14-ct gold ring is 2K (granted, there is a lot of gold). If someone tries styles similar to Ocean Lily or Trisko it will take a while to work on them so I think that going with the original designers is better. But to be quite honest, I like Ocean Lily best. Anyone knows where this guy Roa is, though?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck getting in touch with him. My husband and I both have rings from him which we bought at the Ann Arbor art fair in Michigan one year. At one point I needed to have some work done to my ring. I gave it back to him at the art fair in July. I had almost no communication from him. I believe it took him 4 mos. to send the ring back to me. Since I had heard nothing from him I started proceedings with my insurance company for a theft. (I had insured the ring) I seriously thought he was never going to give me the ring back. (because I could not get in touch with him and he never kept me updated) While I did finally receive it, I would never buy from him again. He strikes me as rather a "ditzy" type person and not very organized. I would really think about whether you want to deal with him.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not although I like his designs. His last posting on Twitter was in July - he was at a spa and had too many cervezas. IS the ring comfortable?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is very comfortable. I just would never buy from him again because he is so uncommunicative.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Typical artist, I guess. Too many spas and cervezas? (It is on his Twitter hence it is public information I guess).

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I have met a lot of artists. They are so talented but do seem a bit "out there" sometimes. The ''spas and cervezas" is pretty funny actually.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! That''s an idea.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know girls...I found him and spoke to him. Apparently he never checks his etsy account and is not in contact with them but he sounded nice and (most important) his designs are REALLY interesting. He also sounded like he knew what he was doing. His rings are not tension set, just look this way. I think it is what Chrono called false tension set. So...I decided to give it a try. I am going to email him and go with him. I had experience with good designers who work individually and do not have huge empires - they are often overloaded with work (and Harry also goes to many shows) so they are NOT good at returning emails. They just have no one to do the PR for them.

Maybe that is why they never create empires. Maybe if Harry was sitting at home and checking his ETSY more frequently he would have more work to do.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck. He does have neat designs so I will look forward to seeing what he makes for you. Are you having him set a stone that is yours or buying a ring he has alrready made?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 1:33:51 PM
Author: Cind11
Good luck. He does have neat designs so I will look forward to seeing what he makes for you. Are you having him set a stone that is yours or buying a ring he has alrready made?
No I want to have him CC garnet that I bought from Gary. He asked me my finger size (and it is 9.5) and length (I have long fingers) and said it was fine because his rings were "big". He discussed the setting and that it would work well with the garnet. I have his email and phone. I am going to email my cr..py photographis to him and then appraise and mail the garnet. He sounded OK and you are right, his designs are neat - most of them are unusual, I do not even know which one I like more. Which one do you have?

Hopefully our esteemed ps-ers give me advise about his settings - which one would work best for the CC. Where are you, Chrono and LD?

I do hope he does a good job because Gary was very proud of his stone.

The strangest thing? On Harry's website there is his portfolio. If you click on it it directs you to etsy. So I assume people see his rings on etsy and leave messages for him there! And then he never checks them because he "does not sell much on etsy"!

Artists...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 1:41:17 PM
Author: crasru

Date: 3/6/2010 1:33:51 PM
Author: Cind11
No I want to have him CC garnet that I bought from Gary. He asked me my finger size (and it is 9.5) and length (I have long fingers) and said it was fine because his rings were ''big''. He discussed the setting and that it would work well with the garnet. I have his email and phone. I am going to email my cr..py photographis to him and then appraise and mail the garnet. He sounded OK and you are right, his designs are neat - most of them are unusual, I do not even know which one I like more. Which one do you have?

Hopefully our esteemed ps-ers give me advise about his settings - which one would work best for the CC. Where are you, Chrono and LD?

I do hope he does a good job because Gary was very proud of his stone.

The strangest thing? On Harry''s website there is his portfolio. If you click on it it directs you to etsy. So I assume people see his rings on etsy and leave messages for him there! And then he never checks them because he ''does not sell much on etsy''!

Artists...
I bought a ring from him that has a citrine and four small blue diamonds. It is not on his website. My husbnd and I see him every summer at the Ann Arbor art fair. (a jewelry lover''s paradise amongst other things)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results