shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences with Precision Set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelbell

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Long time lurker, occasional poster here. I am looking to have my diamond reset so that it sits flush with my wedding band and am interested in a Precision Set setting. I contacted a local jeweler who is a Precision Set dealer and they told me my stone will have to be sent to Preceision Set and the whole process would take about 3 weeks. Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with Precision Set?? Is it normal for the jeweler to send the stone off and not set it themselves? Is it safe to do this? Does it usually take that long? Thanks for any info you can give me!

shelbell

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
A lot of designers require that the stone be shipped to them in order for it to be set in one of their settings. Often the settings, especially the head, are made specifically for your diamond. As for the time period, yeah, that sounds about right. Ritani told me 4 to 6 weeks. And yes, it is safe, your jeweler will send it insured, properly packed, etc...

As for personal experiences with Precision Set, hopefully someone will chime in!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the norm with many designers and it''s safe. Three weeks is actually pretty good as many take up to 6 weeks in some cases. You''ll have it back before you know it!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results