shape
carat
color
clarity

Any comments on the following diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert on princess cuts but the DCD Signature Series is a great line and the crown height on this one looks exceptional.
1.gif

rleejones

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply,

My only concern with this diamond is that it is smaller than a 1 carat and Sara has mentioned 1 carat diamonds over time. What do you think from a woman''s point of view.

Russell

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes the "1 carat" (or 2 ct, or 3 ct, etc) is a mental thing--I am guilty of it--to 95% of the poeple that 15 points would be hard to discern unless 2 diamonds were side by side.

I''ll tell you how you can get to 1+ ct so your GF will be able to think and say "I ct"--Drop from E color to G and/or VS1 to VS2 or eye clean SI1. Done deal.
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It's extrememly challening with fancies, e.g., princess cuts sight unseen.... both look nice but you want to verify with both that the feathers that stretch to the girdle don't pose a durability issue. I doubt it but ask.

have you spoken with Josh about the DCD SI1? my gut is telling me it might be the better choice (it's also more square, which i prefer) but I'd ask for more pictures of each and then call one in.
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
stay away from si2...........the second stone will look markedly bigger but is probably not as pretty....................

rleejones

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments. I agree with you on the SI2 but I wanted to see what you think. Last question. Despite size, does the .85 carat from dcd appear to be a better stone that the si1 1.00 carat.

Russell

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the 1 ct. it''s a nice benchmark (worth the $ in my mind over a .85) and I really like that this stone is square. A square princess is a nice look. =)

rleejones

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your comments. A second opinion is always calming for some reason

Russell

rleejones

Rough_Rock
Good looking stone. It''s not very square and he doesn''t mention the crown height. I''ll have to call tomorrow. Considering my price range it is perfect.

If you see any others please let me know.

Russell

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
do not purchase a princess thats not square (1.05 ratio or less)--it will look weird

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
it''s a miniscual amount in terms of it being off the perfect square. As long as it is less than a ratio of 1.05 to 1...they consider it square. and that one comes in at 1.03...so not too bad. and the 1 carat will look and sound better than the 0.85 ct. But I''ll keep my eyes out.
emotion-15.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i didnt do the math just read his reply you are correct!

rleejones

Rough_Rock
what do you think of the diamond I posted from DCD. Also, sara, my girlfriend, doesn''t like platinum or white gold so will a yellow band produce poor color because of the G color.

Russell

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the dcd stone looks gorgeous too but is/will look much smaller---------you pay a ton for E vs1

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
could be great--could be flat.............big table--find out crown height. DCD is great..................great inventory and people

what about the price tho--

rleejones

Rough_Rock
It says the crown height is %14.4 and yes it is a little bit pricy for what I would like to spend in the end after it is mounted

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
great great crown.............could be really stunning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results