shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Canadians have experience with GoodOldGold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Detox

Rough_Rock
I am located in Toronto Canada and have looked at some of the local jewelers. I still have checked out US Certed.

I really like the great user experiences from GoodOldGold. Can any Canadians who have used this Vendor comment on their experience?

Thanks

Detox

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 5:06:36 PM
Author:Detox
I am located in Toronto Canada and have looked at some of the local jewelers. I still have checked out US Certed.

I really like the great user experiences from GoodOldGold. Can any Canadians who have used this Vendor comment on their experience?

Thanks

Detox
How about a competitor?
2.gif

You''re in good hands dealing with Jonathan and his staff. We wouldn''t be concerned at all. Be aware that there is a diamond import / excise tax that is applicable whether you purchase the diamond from GOG or from a source within Canada - the tax gets paid one way or another either way... And your normal GST will apply. Just don''t want you to be surprised... It usually takes one to three days for a package to clear customs.

Detox

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information. I am aware of the excise tax etc, yet it still seems cheaper than buying in Canada. Taxes are high in Canada but for good reason. I will most definetely check out your site, do you have any locations in Canada? Do you have any locations close to the Canadian Border?

I can definetely tell that my research is starting to pay off. I walked into a local Jewlers (family business) near my home in Toronto. Not being dressed sophisticated I wasn''t really being waited on even though the store was practically empty. finally when someone did come to help me I asked for a specific set of parameters for a diamond and immediately ears perked up.

The owner was now helping me...........LOL. They owner said "wow that is very specific criteria" He immediately handed me a loupe while he prepared the microscope for view. Am I the only one who shakes like a made man while holidng a loose diamond with tweezers..............I hate that part.

Anyway, I was up front and told the jeweler that I had being doing my research for the past month we discussed diamonds a little. I could tell he did not try to pull the wool over my eyes once (probably thought he couldn''t anway). When I asked whatt he prices where he immediately said "the prices on those tags mean nothing, here is the real price" and the prices dropped like $1200-$1800 per diamond. I was just looking :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results