shape
carat
color
clarity

Any brides from Los Angeles area...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I need a wedding dress. I don''t know where to start. Definitely will go and try David''s Bridal and Alfred Angelo. I went to their website and find that they have mostly strapless ones. I love the ones with straps and I definitely love laces and the skirt need to be a huge princess style. Like the ones that beauty wears in the beauty and the beast cartoon. What can I say, I am a fool for lace and princeses.
14.gif

My wedding will be in January and I haven''t even start to look. Well, not totally true because I''ve been start browsing the internet only this week. Can anyone help and suggest where I should go to start finding my dress? Please anyone!!!
35.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I got my dress at Renee Strauss in Beverly Hills and had a wonderful experience there. They have a wide variety of dresses (at a wide variety of prices) and you get the full experience.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely check out David''s Bridal... That''s where I found my dress, and it sounds exactly like what you''re looking for. Now mine has been discontinued, but they may have something similar.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Thanks for replying!!!

Redfaerythinker, David''s bridal is very close to me. I think I will try there first then I will venture out elsewhere.

Ms.Halo, Renee Strauss sounds good so will def go there and find out.

I have few thoughts/doubts. How do I go about doing this? Obviously, I won''t buy on my first go-round, kwim. I just want to try on a few then sleep on it then make decisions. Do you think if I visit these bridal shops, they understand that or do they expect me to buy right then and there?

Pls share your experience. Any tips will def help a whole lot.

Thanks!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry!!! Most places are NOT like Kleinfeld''s (lol) and their pushy sales tactics we see on TV!!

Another place I heard is good...and has a really HUGE selection is Mon Amie - you''d have to venture a little bit South.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Rock of Love!!! I will try to venture south for it. I take it that you buy yours from them?

Has anyone in LA tried this store "Glamour Closet"? http://glamourcloset.com/closet/index.asp

It is also sell sample dresses.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
just a warning... Mon amie has a huge selection and I thought they were VERY pushy. They work on commissions and dresses are overpriced so if you don''t feel like negotiating... you can probably find the same dress elsewhere.

I liked La Soie in Torrance and well priced but I didn''t get my dress here.

Marilynn''s in beverly HIlls on robertson is moving to another location so they have deep discounts on sample gowns.

if you have a big budget I would try The Bridal Dept are SAKs in beverly Hills. or try to find similar sample sized dresses at Glamour Closet for less.

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
I agree about Mon Amie. I really didn''t like it there. My friend bought a dress she found at Mon Amie at a place in Torrance for about 400 less. If you''re budget is $3500 and up I would try The White dress in Newport. I thought they had a really good selection and really nice salepeople. Not pushy AT ALL. I ended up buying my dress there.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 5:35:53 PM
Author: joelly
Thanks, Rock of Love!!! I will try to venture south for it. I take it that you buy yours from them?

Has anyone in LA tried this store ''Glamour Closet''? http://glamourcloset.com/closet/index.asp

It is also sell sample dresses.
Nope. I was planning to go there if I had trouble finding a dress because I had *heard* they have a very large selection. But, it sounds like maybe there are some negative opinions about them...so, don''t take my word, as I''ve never been there.

I definitely prefer smaller boutiques. I went to a great place in Rancho Cucamonga if you want to venture out there. Uniquely Elegant Attire and Couture Bridal is where I went - Angela, the owner, is super sweet and patient. She has a knack for finding the right dress for your body type. I went in and told her I didn''t want strapless at all, she convinced me to try one on that she thought would look great...and sure enough, she was right!! I bought it shortly after.

Good luck!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the reply, everyone!! I really appreciate it.

I went to Alfred Angelo this afternoon and tried on few dresses. You see, I have a very small budget of $500 and I didn''t mention it to the sales lady (plus she didn''t ask) because I told her I am only looking to try not to buy. So she had me to sit down and choose from their catalog. So I chose a few dresses plus I was giving her the style # of the ones I spot on their website.

So there is this one dress from which I have this "OMG" feeling when I tried it on. I quietly thought "Oh, shoot! I have picked one that looks like way over my budget".

Then the sales lady said it is a discontinued dress so it is 50% off. Prior to trying on dresses, I thought that I won''t like strapless dresses but this one looks good on me and I can''t resist. So......I bought it, it is $240 plus tax, total $264.

My wedding is in January 9, 2010. I''m both nervous and excited. It is like 11 weeks from now. I''m both panicking and etc.

I still need veil, long line bra, and crinoline. They had me tried on the dress with all these items but the prices was too high for me. I thought that maybe I can do better elsewhere. I plan to go to downtown Los Angeles to see if I can get them cheaper there.

Anyone has experience shopping for veil, long line bra, and crinoline. Please ladies do share them with me. I really really appreciate it.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
We''re definitely going to need some pics of this dress lady!
36.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
hahaha redfaerythinker, I will post pictures. I need crinoline though. I didn''t buy from Alfred Angelo because I bet it will cost more than $100. I found a few from Ebay but still hesitate to buy. Confused!!!!!!
14.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you've found your dress already, but for other readers:

I bought my dress (pronovias) at La Soie in Torrance. I had a wonderful experience with them, great non-pushy salespeople. I originally fell in love with my dress at Jobyna's in Glendale, which is an awful, cramped, dirty, pushy shop. I saw it again at La Soie for more than $500 less, and grabbed it.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:19:26 PM
Author: musey
I know you''ve found your dress already, but for other readers:

I bought my dress (pronovias) at La Soie in Torrance. I had a wonderful experience with them, great non-pushy salespeople. I originally fell in love with my dress at Jobyna''s in Glendale, which is an awful, cramped, dirty, pushy shop. I saw it again at La Soie for more than $500 less, and grabbed it.
I was thinking of visiting Jobyna at first but now am glad I didn''t.

Please ladies bring on the tips for all Los Angeles brides!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock

I bought my dress (pronovias) at La Soie in Torrance. I had a wonderful experience with them, great non-pushy salespeople. I originally fell in love with my dress at Jobyna''s in Glendale, which is an awful, cramped, dirty, pushy shop. I saw it again at La Soie for more than $500 less, and grabbed it.
I''m glad you found your dress. It''s a big relief for me when I finally find mine. Pronovias has beautiful collections. Can''t wait for pictures!!!!
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Let''s see some pics!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:30:10 PM

I''m glad you found your dress. It''s a big relief for me when I finally find mine. Pronovias has beautiful collections. Can''t wait for pictures!!!!
36.gif
Of yours? Or mine? My pro pics are linked in the "pricescope weddings" sticky.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 3:59:10 PM

Date: 10/19/2009 2:30:10 PM

36.gif
Of yours? Or mine? My pro pics are linked in the ''pricescope weddings'' sticky.
Of yours, I mean. Thanks for letting me know.
35.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Musey,
Your dress is beautiful. It suits you very well.
35.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Here is some info about my dress.

Alfred Angelo style # 1505
Satin, Chiffon Over Satin
Embroidery, Crystal & Pearl Beading, Sequins
Princess line dress
Strapless bodice
Empire waistline
Optional Spaghetti Straps

AA Style# 1505.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:15:18 PM
Musey,
Your dress is beautiful. It suits you very well.
35.gif
Thanks
1.gif

Date: 10/19/2009 6:36:50 PM
Since the picture doesn't show, here is the link: http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=1505
Here is the dress you linked. Pricescope currently doesn't display pictures that have symbols and spaces in the file name, that's most likely where the problem was! I find it easiest to stick to numerical and alphabetical characters.

joellysalfredangelo.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks, musey!!!!

Thats my dress but I''m not in it. I will need to buy a crinoline so the gown will look pouf.

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 9:40:11 PM
Thanks for all the reply, everyone!! I really appreciate it.

I went to Alfred Angelo this afternoon and tried on few dresses. You see, I have a very small budget of $500 and I didn''t mention it to the sales lady (plus she didn''t ask) because I told her I am only looking to try not to buy. So she had me to sit down and choose from their catalog. So I chose a few dresses plus I was giving her the style # of the ones I spot on their website.

So there is this one dress from which I have this ''OMG'' feeling when I tried it on. I quietly thought ''Oh, shoot! I have picked one that looks like way over my budget''.

Then the sales lady said it is a discontinued dress so it is 50% off. Prior to trying on dresses, I thought that I won''t like strapless dresses but this one looks good on me and I can''t resist. So......I bought it, it is $240 plus tax, total $264.

My wedding is in January 9, 2010. I''m both nervous and excited. It is like 11 weeks from now. I''m both panicking and etc.

I still need veil, long line bra, and crinoline. They had me tried on the dress with all these items but the prices was too high for me. I thought that maybe I can do better elsewhere. I plan to go to downtown Los Angeles to see if I can get them cheaper there.

Anyone has experience shopping for veil, long line bra, and crinoline. Please ladies do share them with me. I really really appreciate it.
I''m getting married the following weekend. I can''t believe it''s 3 months to go

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 11:39:05 PM
Author: soontowed

I''m getting married the following weekend. I can''t believe it''s 3 months to go
Isn''t it? Time flies. I take it you got your dress already?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results