Ideal_Rock
Re: Antique stone lovers- thoughts on this O/P VS2 European

How could anyone stand to look at it.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

sonomacounty|1293374603|2806210 said:
Thanks LA. I also have a GOG AVC. I tell you, there is nothing, nothing, nothing like it. Real vintage is nice and romantic but the performance on the GOG AVC is out-of-this-world.

If the AVCs existed when I bought my antique, I would not have bought my antique. The AVC blows it away (and my antique is a good performer, too.)

Go low color, you can get a lot bigger stone and the different shades of white / yellow they can do is much more fun.

Thank you for your observations on the AVC vs your antique!!

Hmm... well, maybe I'll have to purchase an AVC and an OEC to compare (if the return policies will permit and if I'm torn between two specific stones) when I'm ready to buy- meaning financially and when I see a stone that makes me :love: :love: :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

Imdanny|1293375545|2806221 said:
How could anyone stand to look at it.

:angryfire:

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock

If you liked the JBeG diamond and like AVCs, why not an AVR?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

antelope1|1293390565|2806346 said:
If you liked the JBeG diamond and like AVCs, why not an AVR?
I didn't see any on GOGs site... I just assumed only a few are cut once in awhile.. no?

ETA I was searching GOGs site wrong... those sure are lovely!! I prefer a visible cutlet though... Between the 3 I prefer AVC and antique OECs buuuut those would be 3rd on the list :)

Lekde

Shiny_Rock

WOW!!! I wish!! I have a 1.60ct OMC from JbEG and was worried about a K-L color stone. Boy was I wrong!! My OMC is SO white and that O-P looks incredible. Like that OEC, my OMC is "wonky", but honestly, once it's set you can't even tell...AND the fire and giant flashes that radiate off my OMC blows me (and MANY others) away. JbEG are awesome and 1000000000% honest. You are one lucky lady and I adore the setting choices you have picked out!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock

Yssie - thanks very much. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm usually very much of an 'instant gratification' kind of girl, so I'm amazed that I've managed to be so patient with waiting for this diamond. I'm taking that as a sign that it's definitely the one for me. As for settings, I have some ideas in the works with RDG (who set arjunajane's OEC and designed Klewis' phoenix ring), so we'll see what happens there.

MyDiamondSparkles - there are videos on the JbEG website. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post a link, so here's how to navigate to it:
  • Go to the JbEG webpage and click on the 'Signature Settings' link
    Click on the 'Sophie' solitaire picture (this will take you to an album)
    Pages 3 and 4 have videos

LALove
- sorry to hear about you missing out this JbEG diamond, but you're right, if you're patient, I'm sure you'll find one you really love. My friends all have high-coloured, small-carat diamonds set in simple solitaire settings, and while they're lovely, they're just not for me. In the past I've worried whether other people will think that my diamond is 'less special' because of the low colour grade, but I've moved past that now. The diamond is for me to enjoy, not other people! Best of luck with the search.

jbawwou

Rough_Rock

I dont see the original diamond on hold anymore!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jbawwou|1293454226|2806838 said:

I wonder if its available again!!! Its such a lovely stone...full of personality!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

How sweet of you to let me know!!! Thank you!! ::)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

tyty333|1293461803|2806908 said:

I wonder if its available again!!! Its such a lovely stone...full of personality!
It appears it is :)) I agree it is so lovely! If I could have 2 upgrades I'd get this stone! But I can only get 1. Poor me right? Lol I do love this stone but I don't think it's THE stone. I thought about it long and hard and I really want a teeny bit larger stone and if I'm patient and keep saving the perfect one for me will come along. ::)

At least I've finally narrowed down the cut to OEC/AVC :D

jbawwou

Rough_Rock

LALove said:

It appears it is :)) I agree it is so lovely! If I could have 2 upgrades I'd get this stone! But I can only get 1. Poor me right? Lol I do love this stone but I don't think it's THE stone. I thought about it long and hard and I really want a teeny bit larger stone and if I'm patient and keep saving the perfect one for me will come along. ::)

Thats great that you know what you want. That was half of the battle for me.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

It looks as though it's sold--did you get it LAL? If so, please post pictures!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

Aoife|1293564915|2808068 said:
It looks as though it's sold--did you get it LAL? If so, please post pictures!
Wasn't me ::) (Believe me- you'd all know if it was!)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

I wondered if you had changed your mind about getting it, but in your last post it sounded as though you had decided against it...must have been a lurker. Could I ask what made you decide against it? Aside from the obvious things, like chipped girdles, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what makes a particular OEC or OMC a good buy or not.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

Aoife|1293566470|2808091 said:
I wondered if you had changed your mind about getting it, but in your last post it sounded as though you had decided against it...must have been a lurker. Could I ask what made you decide against it? Aside from the obvious things, like chipped girdles, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what makes a particular OEC or OMC a good buy or not.
I decided against it because, though the price was very appealing to me and I found the stone very lovely, it isn't quite the size I want. That's really the only reason. I don't want to rush and I feel that if I'm patient I can find a larger stone at a good price- especially a second hand OEC.

As for what makes an OEC/OMC good- I have no clue! :lol: I'm following LGK's advice and plan to put any I find on hold and then post them for opinions before I make a final decision.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

LALove|1293499988|2807501 said:

Yep, I'm with you on the wanting a slightly larger diamond, LALove. I think at this point I won't even know "if" the perfect stone comes along. It seems the more I learn here the more I realize I need to learn before making a purchase. Sigh....I feel greatful to all those here who are so willing to share thier knowledge so someone lik me can make an educated decision about such a large purchase. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results