shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique diamond question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Hi
emsmile.gif

I''m as far from being a diamond expert as you can imagine! However, my husband (who is even less knowledgeable) recently ordered for me an antique-style diamond ring. I have only seen a picture of it, I don''t have it yet in my hot little hands because it had to be resized.

From what I saw and the description, it''s a 0.90 ct flat, slightly slanted perpendicular stone with rounded edges surrounded by 0.75 cts. of round cut brilliants. I have searched all over the net to find a similar looking stone, but I haven''t found anything resembling it.

The closest I have found is a description is what is called a "table cut" diamond, but I suspect that this diamond is more of a sliver, fairly flat on both sides.

I will have more information when I actually receive the ring and maybe post some pictures. The dealer said that this is an antique cut, performed by hand. The stones were removed from old jewelry and placed in antique style settings.

I''m just wondering if my husband was taken for a ride and whether there is any value in a ring like that?

Gemnut

P.S. I like the ring, so I''ll wear it with pride either way, but one likes to know more...
face22.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you do a search here on "table cuts" several threads pop up that may provide some of the info you are looking for. If it were me I would contact Dave Atlas, Old miner here on PS, he specializes in old stones and could tell you if your hubby paid a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results