shape
carat
color
clarity

Anthropologie is evil...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in New Mexico. Where the closest Nordies, Bergdorf and all those other fantastic stores are at least 350 miles away. This is why I shop on the internet. However, these shoes are at Dillards and the mall its in is about a ten minute drive from my condo.

So Tacori--what do you think of those shoes? I'm hesitant to go with black too-although my car is that color blue and the interior is black... Oh whatever. I'm leaning towards silver at the moment...

And my camera is stupid. It still works, but won't transfer anything to the comp.
20.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 6:51:44 PM
Author: FrekeChild
VegasAngel's comment reminded me that I have the shoes below...They are kind of hard to photograph when they aren't on the foot, but my camera is broken and the new one will be in in about 3 weeks...

So I can't take pics of the dress with any shoes or the shoes below actually on my feet. Big dilemma. I have another pair of platforms that are pewter but more on the casual side than what I was going for...

Anyway, what do you guys think of these?

Those are sweet!

That dress is really sweet too! Do you ever wear nude shoes? I love nude, barely there strappy heels--really elongate the leg and go with everything.

It's funny, this is my first time on the shopping thread too! Where have I been all this time??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have Dillard''s in Ohio so I was just wondering...
1.gif

As for shoes I would go with metallic (any metal color really) or I like the nude idea too! I agree they do make your legs look longer. I am just weird with some blues and blacks. I like darker blues with brown better. If you go with the same color blue shoes I would carry a neutral bag.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not mind blue clothes with black accessories since getting blues to go together is tough and then it can also look too matchy.

I love magenta pink or a nude pink with it as well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I have short stubby legs so I''ll have to try out the nude shoe idea. For now, I''m going to try out the Guess "Oceana". Turns out they didn''t have it at my Dillards
20.gif
, and I received less than stellar customer service.

I *intentionally* went with my hair all messed up and in a pony tail, messiest sweatpants, hoodie, no makeup and my green crocs (...hee hee hee...). I was "testing" the SAs and they totally failed. The only guy that approached me asked if I needed any help did so in a snotty tone, and when I asked him if they only had the two Guess tables, he said, in the same snotty tone BTW, "Nope, sorry." And I said, "Thanks" and left, because the ones I was looking for weren''t there. I really wanted to say, "Well, that sucks for your commission." but I didn''t.

Whats funny is that I saw some other really cute ones, and if he hadn''t been such a jerk he would have had a quick easy $100 sale. Buuuuttt...he thought I couldn''t afford anything and gave me attitude. So...I came back home and ordered them off the internet. Should get here Tuesday. Anyone ever use endless.com?

I hope they work out. I was considering a pair of my white heels, they have silver metal accents, but they aren''t flowy or organic enough to go with this dress, you know? Very...high class, big city, call girl-esque. Kind of. They''re hard to explain, but not right. So I hope they work out. And I got a 7.5 because my other Guess shoes are, but now I''m worried that I should have gotten the 8 instead, because I go in between the two. Bah-it''s free shipping both ways, so I''ll deal with it.

coati- How have you guys missed the shopping thread? I practically live in the shoe thread, mostly because I keep buying shoes...Oh well. So apparently I need to purchase a pair of strappy nude heels next. I''m on it!

Tacori- Metallic- check! It''d be a really hard look to pull off, black and medium blue, but you knew that already...I don''t know, if I had some Christian Louboutin peep toes, I bet I could do it!! But I don''t, so I''ll stick with the silver/white strappy combo. Hopefully. If it works...

diamondfan- Whats funny is that I have another blue dress, only Navy blue-and I have a pair of Navy blue suede peep toes that match perfectly with it. I was considering a pair of pink shoes to go with this dress-like the fuschia that you mentioned earlier, but I couldn''t find anything I liked (that was in my budget anyway!), so I bagged that idea.

Anyway, I hope they work out...I''ll let you know what I think as soon as I get them. I wish the stupid camera still worked. Maybe my neighbor has one!!

Sorry for all the hyperness, I just ate some leftover easter candy and spent most of the day cleaning so now I''m all wound up...

Mmm..I''ll post the other random white/silver shoes because I am bored...

DSCF5414.JPG

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''d definitely go with some silver shoes. Cute dress!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered some baby shoes from endless.com (pedipeds) and they were great. I had never heard of them before but they had good prices and fast shipping. I would order from them again.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. The shoes should be here either tomorrow (4/8) or the next day. I''ll report back what I think...

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Endless.com is totally legitimate. They are affiliated with Amazon.com.

rizz

Rough_Rock
how does Anthropologie fit? I loved the dresses posted and have been checking them out on ebay...but scared about sizing. I''m typically a size 10 (but can run 8-12 depending on store) do you think I would be ok going with the 10/12 in a dress? I''m a 34D so I''m mostly scared about that area lol

Thanks!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
i just saw this thread! i don''t normally shop at anthro, but i decided to stop in and came home w/ this dress....LOVE it..i''m going to wear it to my bridal shower next weekend
9.gif

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=6526495065772891543&id=730167&parentid=APP_DRESS_SOLID&pushId=APP_DRESS_SOLID&popId=APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=11&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=gol

Rizz - regarding sizing...I think they run big. I normally am 4/6 in dresses. Had to get a 2 in this dress, because i have a small bust. Actually it''s still a little baggie up top
37.gif
I didn''t try any pants on, so i don''t know, but as for tops i was XS in most things and I"m normally a small.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 8:10:45 AM
Author: rizz
how does Anthropologie fit? I loved the dresses posted and have been checking them out on ebay...but scared about sizing. I''m typically a size 10 (but can run 8-12 depending on store) do you think I would be ok going with the 10/12 in a dress? I''m a 34D so I''m mostly scared about that area lol

Thanks!
I know what you mean rizz! I''m a 34DD. I didn''t try anything else on, just this one dress, and it''s in the S/M/L sizes, but I ended up going with a Large-because my booty is abnormally large-AND because of my chest. What I love about the dress though is that it gives great coverage in that area, while still making them look nice.

I''d maybe try the ten? Do they have a measurement thing on the page?

And cdt-I really love that dress. It''s beautiful.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my shoes! And I think they''re beautiful! I probably should have gotten the eight just to have a little extra room, but the 7.5 fits pretty much perfectly. Wohoo!!!

I wish I could take pics for you guys...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! Can you post the picture from the website?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here we go, in real life the white is patent. They are gorgeous, but I''m going to be in pain if I have to stand for long.

I tried the dress and the shoes on for BF and he said, "The shoes are not my favorite, but I really like them with the dress."

YAY!!!!

swp960_zi_white_silver.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sexy! You are a brave one. I am SUCH a baby when it comes to feet pain.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 10:46:10 PM

Moon-I would gladly give you some of mine! The awesome thing about this dress is that it gives me full coverage minus some nice cleavage. It''s hard for me to find that. Next time, I''ll have to look on ebay.
9.gif

Why thank you! When should I schedule our surgeries? LOL

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 10:11:37 PM
Author: MoonWater
Date: 4/4/2008 10:46:10 PM

Moon-I would gladly give you some of mine! The awesome thing about this dress is that it gives me full coverage minus some nice cleavage. It''s hard for me to find that. Next time, I''ll have to look on ebay.
9.gif
Why thank you! When should I schedule our surgeries? LOL

LOL. Next month?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Haha, maybe I can have new boobs to give my FF as an engagement present! LOL...I am seriously cracking myself up over here. I think I''m drunk off the lack of sleep and reading too much Truth In Lending law...

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
It is evil! I love that store. They have the cutest stuff. I heard some girls use some of their dresses as bridesmaid dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results