shape
carat
color
clarity

Another "which diamond band should I buy" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well, I found a great deal on two diamond bands, one a 5 stone with 20 pointers, the other an eternity band with 5 pointers, and want to know which you would prefer with a cathedral solitaire? If I get the eternity band, it''s thinner, and will likely pair it with a narrow plain gold band and my solitaire. Pros, cons? What would you do? Thanks

which band.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
One more pic

IMG_0693 (2).jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I think the decision might be easier once you (we) see the cathedral solitaire with it - you need to see how the band will complement (or not) the central diamond.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the eternity band. I think it will look better. Is it comfortable? That is the exact prong type I have although mine is smaller. I think the 20 pointer look would be better on its own with a plain band. You''d have that issue with the bands not matching up again with the 5 stone as well.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I like the eternity band. I`m not sure how big your cathedral solitaire diamond is, but I think the smaller eternity band is more likely to complement it without taking attention away from it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
For those who don't know what my cathedral solitaire looks like, here it is with the one carat 11 stone diamond band that stuck out too much with the solitiare. The diamond is 1.76 carats. Lyra..I don't know if either band is comfortable, as I would be purchasing online, and not having the ability to try on. I can tell you, either ring is in the low $ 400 price range, so I want to buy one of these bad boys!! LOL

DSC01559 (2).JPG

jacknfletch

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I have asked so many diamond band questions so I, although I know less than most on here, feel it is only fair to respond as everyone has been so nice in giving me feedback.

What do you mean your 11 stone band stuck out too much? Won''t the 5 stone band stick out more? Or was it to far around the finger and you want it shorter from side to side?
I love 5 stones bands and agree that it would look better with a plain band and the eternity band would look great with your ering.

Also, since you brought up price, where do you shop?!?! What a great price...Just buy both! :) I think the eternity with the 5 stone would be beautiful! But I like stacked bands and no erings so...Yours is pretty though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results