shape
carat
color
clarity

Another undergarment question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a longline bra to wear with my wedding dress. Combined with regular spanx pantyhose, it gives me a nice seamless, poochless line both standing up and sitting.

But when I sit and bend over, I get that sort of double-boob effect because the boning doesn''t bend with my waist. And when I''m standing and I lift my arms up over my head, I lift right up out of the bra!

I''m a 32 A/B so support isn''t so much of an issue, but I like the line it gives. Is this typical, or should I find another bra? It''s comfortable otherwise.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to take your dress to a seamstress and try it on for them. They might be able to put a little something along the top of your dress.

Either that, or you might want to find another bra that has the boning along the top...VS has them I know that.

Did you upload a pic of your dress?? or did I miss it??

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I guess the dress would be helpful! It has a pretty low neckline, so a lot of strapless bras I looked at, I thought they would not be low enough. The one I got has a pretty low V.

jh8636434x3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2007 3:09:48 PM
Author:basil
I purchased a longline bra to wear with my wedding dress. Combined with regular spanx pantyhose, it gives me a nice seamless, poochless line both standing up and sitting.

But when I sit and bend over, I get that sort of double-boob effect because the boning doesn''t bend with my waist. And when I''m standing and I lift my arms up over my head, I lift right up out of the bra!

I''m a 32 A/B so support isn''t so much of an issue, but I like the line it gives. Is this typical, or should I find another bra? It''s comfortable otherwise.
HI:

If this is occuring, I don''t believe the bra fits properly. Do you have time to go and have a bra fitting?

BTW, your dress is devine!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''m actually pretty sure of the size. I think it''s just cause when I lift my arms, my boobs move, but the bra doesn''t cause it''s attached to my waist. The more I think about it, the more I think that a different bra probably wouldn''t be any different. I tried it on with a dress, and the issues were minimized.

Thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can your seamstress sew it into your dress directly?

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress!

Have you considered a "plunge" bra? I was watching Tim Gunn''s show and they always do an undergarment make-over and this person ended up with one of these and they appear to be perfect for a deep "V".

Here is a link to a pic of what I''m talking about:
http://www.barenecessities.com/Fashion-Forms_product_FASHIONFORMS29674_,size,.htm

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at those, but the top of the dress is sheer lace, though, so I really need something strapless.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Basil, your dress is absolutely gorgeous. My wedding dress had a halter top with a low V in front and a fairly low back. I tried on dozens of bras and nothing worked. My seamstress sewed in bra cups to lift the girls and it worked out great. They can sew in pads too if you are looking for a little more volume. I added a pair on spanx to improve the rear view in the fitted mermaid skirt and I was good to go.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Basil, I wore Spanx and had my bra cups sewn into my dress as well. I paid about $14 for the cups (much less than a long line) and that was it. Easy peasy.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sounds to me like you are happy with the fit and results in general...and are having the problem only when you do this or that. Reminds me of the guy who goes to the doctor and explains how it hurts when he does this...and the doctor says, well, don''t do that! Ha ha.

You could just not raise your arms...you know move like a penguin? Or my next idea is to use that tape stuff. Run a line of sticky stay along the top edge of the cup. Then nothing is going anywhere!!
31.gif
Feel free to hang from the chandelier! And swing from it too! §

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results