shape
carat
color
clarity

Another tsavorite: Enable me?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photography is so frustrating as it looks to be pure green in all the pics. I see no bluish tint whatsoever, but trust that you see it. How representative for color are these pics you took?

I'm so glad you're happy with it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so much darker than the vendor's photo but fortunately, it's just right for you. On my monitor, it also looks less vivid that the vendor's picture.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1361045311|3381840 said:
Photography is so frustrating as it looks to be pure green in all the pics. I see no bluish tint whatsoever, but trust that you see it. How representative for color are these pics you took?

I'm so glad you're happy with it!

Eh, they're ok, honestly the only way to get a good grasp of the color is if the photo itself if really fuzzy. :/
I sometimes think I see a blue tint, but then I compare it to my barry stones and think, eh, maybe not? But I'm also taking these all indoors with yellow bulbs, so who knows.

I just know I like it :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361045358|3381841 said:
It is so much darker than the vendor's photo but fortunately, it's just right for you. On my monitor, it also looks less vivid that the vendor's picture.

It's definitely darker, but I was sort of expecting that, having bought from them in the past. It's definitely very saturated, maybe a touch over saturated in fact, but again, I sort of like that. I still like my barry tsav better, but I don't think I'll ever find a tsav I like more than that one, lol. I actually don't like "stop light green" or pure medium greens as they are too light for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree that they are oversaturated, but I'm only basing this on your pictures. I see a good amount of gray modifier in most of the pictures. If oversaturated, it will be dark but still with in your face with colour. Yellow lightbulb should bring out the blue better than other light sources. My emerald and tsavorite become over-blue under those lights.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the yellow bulbs mess with my camera more than the actual
Color. Mmmm I can't say I see much gray, especially compared to the gray I sometimes see in my spinels. But might be I'm just not color sensitive enough to pick it up?
That said. I'm also terrible at photographing any greens. :/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC, its the sunshine that typically brings out the bluish tone to my stones, so try that. I remember that you like dark stones, so this is good.

As to oversaturation, I didn't know there was such a thing. Doesn't oversaturation simply mean that the stones become dark?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stone with poor saturation can be overly dark and a stone with high saturation can also be overly dark. It is more common to see poorly saturated dark gems than oversaturated dark gems.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361049072|3381884 said:
A stone with poor saturation can be overly dark and a stone with high saturation can also be overly dark. It is more common to see poorly saturated dark gems than oversaturated dark gems.

OK, good that is just what I suspected and makes perfect sense to me :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results